PDA

View Full Version : Macdizzy's site updated

destey
06-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Probably been mentioned, but i see Macdizzy's site has been updated! I'm just cracking the surface of new material

http://www.macdizzy.com/update107.html

SilverLake250R
06-27-2011, 09:49 AM
I noticed this a few weeks back, TONS of good and interesting info, thanks for posting for everyone to check it out!

C-LEIGH RACING
06-28-2011, 08:23 AM
So you saying it has changed since yesterday :p .

How long has it been since you guys been on there regular.

Mac Dizzy is the place if you want to learn about 2 strokes, kinda can be intence at times trying to understand it all, but longer you stay & read more it will come to you.
I know this much, I been messing with 2 strokes since the late 60s & the engines ran right well, but when I found Mac Dizzy, it was like all the puzzle pieces fell into place & those engines realy went to work then.

If this sounds like a sells pitch, take it like you wont because it is not, but, Mac Dizzy is a god sent for anybody realy interested in working on 2 strokes & learning what makes them tick.
Neil

destey
06-29-2011, 11:04 AM
I'd probably be a member there if it wasn't for it being a pay site. I'm from the old school internet thought that information should be free (like back on usenet), and I think money has ruined the internet. I'd love to turn the clock back to 1998.

Yeah I know its only $20. But I'm on about 20 other boards and they all have a pay version. If you saw how I lived you'd probably understand (I eat ramen, never eat out, only shop on ebay, online and walmart..)

If I had the money I'd join in a heartbeat. Times are tough.

wilkin250r
06-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by destey
and I think money has ruined the internet. I'd love to turn the clock back to 1998.
It costs money to run a website.

Plus, I kinda like the pay sites. They don't have nearly as many members, which usually translates to a little less talent, and a LOT less garbage. You won't find a thousand "Which pipe is best?" threads, or all the useless "Me, too" and "Wut he said" posts. All the threads are solid and informative.

Honestly, it's like being in here. I think we have a pretty good 250r community in here, I can tell you that this section is a LOT cleaner than the 400EX section. And there are only two ways to accomplish that, either crack the whip, or make people pay to get in.

Let's use an example, one of our more knowledgable members: Neil, when was the last time you visited the Open Forum section?

troybilt
06-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Let's use an example, one of our more knowledgable members: Neil, when was the last time you visited the Open Forum section?

There's an Open forum section? ...weird... :o

C-LEIGH RACING
06-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Hummm, Open Forum section ??, where is that, on another web site.

On here, I'm on the 250R forum, the EDT forum & sometimes the front page.
Neil

destey
06-30-2011, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
It costs money to run a website.

www.slackware.com www.freshmeat.net and the internet connection you already have is all you need. i ran a gaming site in the 90's that got 60k hits / year (nothing compared to nowadays, but decent for back then), and all I paid was $19.95 a month, and that was for my isp connect that I would have paid for anyways. I did it for the joy of helping others, had no advertising or pay site. Just level walkthroughs, tips, usermade levels downloads, gaming news etc. Not trying to argue, just sayin'