PDA

View Full Version : crf ignition throttle position sensor

Lquad71
06-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Which wires on the 2006 flat slide carb from the tps connect to the 2005 crf ignition? do i just plug it in and it will work fine, or do i have to wire it differently to properly work?
Thanks

DnB_racing
06-26-2011, 08:07 PM
for your TPS... from the crf harness you have blk/blue and yellow and black... from the trx carb you have green/yellow and yellow and pink

crf harness to the trx carb

blk/blue to the green/yellow

yellow to the light green

black to the pink

Lquad71
06-28-2011, 12:03 PM
thanks a lot!
but when i looked at the two connectors, they are different shapes so obviously they wont plug into each other. What is the best way to connect them? should i just splice the crf wires onto my old connector? thanks

DnB_racing
06-28-2011, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Lquad71
thanks a lot!
but when i looked at the two connectors, they are different shapes so obviously they wont plug into each other. What is the best way to connect them? should i just splice the crf wires onto my old connector? thanks yes I would use the connectors, this way you can still unplug things to replace or work on without having to remove the sensor itself and having to adjust..... next point!! make sure you check and adjust according to manual if needed for proper function,

but that being said I have ran without tps for a season and didnt see any difference in times at the drags with or without the tps,

I really believe its unnecessary on these quads, But add FI and then its needed! but for carbs, and stock ignitions and cdi without different maps i haven't found were its necessary,stock cdi doesnt have different maps for different throttle positions or rpms