PDA

View Full Version : leave it up to me!

01boneless
06-26-2011, 04:44 PM
long story short I ran it out of gas and sucked some sendiment or somthing so it runs bad (dirty carb) so I go to clean the carb and screw over to of the bottom bolts (stipped) so what to do?

and can anyone give me an estimite on what it whould cost me to have a head gasket in stalled? (I know I should do it lol)

01boneless
06-26-2011, 07:20 PM
help please?

NMills
06-26-2011, 07:26 PM
for your damaged screws... dremel and a cuttin wheel... make a slit in the screw head and try a flat head screwdriver.... if that does not work... get the dremel again... cut the screw heads off and drill and tap... or look for a new carb... whichever is easier for ya...

Head gasket??? i'm sure your local shop rate times a few hours plus parts...

78ta
06-26-2011, 08:01 PM
a small pair of needle nose vice grips work well for stripped carb screws as long as you can get a decent bite on them.

01boneless
06-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by 78ta
a small pair of needle nose vice grips work well for stripped carb screws as long as you can get a decent bite on them.

thanks guys another question is once i get these out can i take them to a hardware store and buy new bolts or do i need to order special carb bolts for it

NMills
06-26-2011, 08:16 PM
you can try your local hardware store... make sure they thread pitch and lenght tho... or retap the holes to take a different pitch and get some decent screws.. the brass ones suck...

01boneless
06-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by NMills
you can try your local hardware store... make sure they thread pitch and lenght tho... or retap the holes to take a different pitch and get some decent screws.. the brass ones suck...

yes they do lol stupied question here that i probley no the answer to but do you think running in completly out of gas can make the carb dirty? lol sorry just wondering?

NMills
06-26-2011, 08:28 PM
i don't believe that.. when the fuel comes out of the tank its' from the bottom... where any dirt... if any would have been sucked thru anyways... they all over time get dirt thru them... a little bit of mud stuck on your fuel tank cap falls in... stuff like that.. that's why you can buy carb cleaner..

01boneless
06-26-2011, 08:33 PM
when i spray carb cleaner in it it runs great for a seconed. the main is not clogged but cant get to the others

CJM
06-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Once you get it open clean all the jets, stick a piece of wire in the holes to make sure.

Replace them if possible with some allen head bolts, no more stripping.

As for the gas issue and running on carb cleaner. Take the petcock off the tank, theres a filter there I recall, remove it and clean it.

01boneless
06-27-2011, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Once you get it open clean all the jets, stick a piece of wire in the holes to make sure.

Replace them if possible with some allen head bolts, no more stripping.

As for the gas issue and running on carb cleaner. Take the petcock off the tank, theres a filter there I recall, remove it and clean it.

yea i think once i clean the carb itl be fine teach me not to run it out of gas :)