PDA

View Full Version : overrange 70cc???

skyeryder
06-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Alright the ol yamasida is looking alittle worn and considering he's running alot harder I'm thinking of upgrading, so which ones have everyone had the best luck with and any tips tricks thanks.

JIM GRACE
06-25-2011, 12:54 PM
mallossi overrange kit, and a rpm tach.

to get tips off hear you need to list what cylinder and pipe your running.

good luck

chunky0071
06-26-2011, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by JIM GRACE
mallossi overrange kit, and a rpm tach.

to get tips off hear you need to list what cylinder and pipe your running.

good luck

Thats I what i use!!

fomospede
06-26-2011, 09:43 AM
we have two 70'S one with stock pulley ,variator
one with the mallosi overange
the stock is best at short to medium tracks
the longer tracks the overange will be faster, if your rider keeps it pinned
but im still tuning

edwardsp&b
06-26-2011, 12:55 PM
It all comes down to how many rpms your pulling as to whether an overrange kit is useful. All comes down to how built your motor is. The finacially hard part to drr's is that everything goes hand in hand, and needs to be done at one time. pipe, pvl, intake,carb, clutching, bottom and top of your motor.

Case in point, I had a really fast 50 mod last year. During testing before the season I tried it all. Due to not pulling enough rpms, the overrange just wouldn't work. Call some of the very reputable builders in the mini quad world and run it by them. Just my 2 cents.
Bryan

nastynotchback1
06-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
It all comes down to how many rpms your pulling as to whether an overrange kit is useful. All comes down to how built your motor is. The finacially hard part to drr's is that everything goes hand in hand, and needs to be done at one time. pipe, pvl, intake,carb, clutching, bottom and top of your motor.

Case in point, I had a really fast 50 mod last year. During testing before the season I tried it all. Due to not pulling enough rpms, the overrange just wouldn't work. Call some of the very reputable builders in the mini quad world and run it by them. Just my 2 cents.
Bryan

This is spot on.

chunky0071
06-27-2011, 07:00 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=467614

My bike is a stock 90 clutching is the only thing we have done.