PDA

View Full Version : hinson pressure plate ?s

250rice
06-24-2011, 10:58 AM
well i got a used hison pressure plate my ? is on the back side of the plate where the clutches go against the plate there is some groves going all around it they are smooth but you can feel that they ar there will this effect anything like clutch life or hard to pull lever or it supposed to be that way i know my stock one is smooth you think i should use it or keep the stock one also is there any benefit by going with the hinson

deathman53
06-24-2011, 02:31 PM
normal for a used pressure plate, how much depends on the use of it. If its bad, it can cause clutch slipping. You know that a 89 clutch setup is required to use that plate?

250rice
06-24-2011, 04:52 PM
so that sounds like it not worth changing it then because i would say that there pretty deep its hard to measure but if you drag you finger across it it will grab on one real bad and the rest fell like bumps so it probably going to get scraped i do have the 89 set up with the nettle baring but i did not know you must have it will keep that in mind when i build my next one thanks for the info deathman

greenskin77
06-24-2011, 11:30 PM
I THINK ITS WORTH GETTING . I NO U DONT RIDE BUT ONCE A MONTH SO THE HINSON WILL BE JUST FINE BEING A HONDA NOTHING IS PERCISE SO YOU COULD PROLLY JUST TAPE SOME SAND PAPER 180 GRIT OVER THE PLATE AND IT WILL BE FINE

k7mm
06-25-2011, 12:52 AM
If you can,post a picture.A kevlar clutch fiber would probably clean that baby up.Just change your oil regularly.