PDA

View Full Version : Rolled quad, electric start not working

Honda07
06-23-2011, 05:41 PM
hey guys, tuesday I rolled my quad about 3 times at the motocross practice... Damn squids. It is an 07 450ER. After this, my electric start doesn't work. It doesn't even attempt to start the quad. I checked the wiring at the switch, and it was fine...

I bump started it the rest of the night and it ran flawless (I would hope after I just dumped almost $2,000 in the motor) Any ideas what the hell is up with this thing? My neutral light didn't work tuesday, but when i was ridding it did. Now it doesn't, but I'm not to worried about that.... Thanks guys

DnB_racing
06-23-2011, 06:03 PM
when you say dosnt even attempt to start,do you mean push the button and no click at solinoid or does it just keep turning over but no start? have you checked fuse ? and is the battery still good?? have you checked all connectors and wires

more info

coryatver
06-23-2011, 07:33 PM
check to see if the battery has any voltage. I have broke a cell in the battery before racing and then they are junk. If the battery is bad don't jump start it becuase it will burn up the stator running it with a bad battery

hrc450er
06-24-2011, 10:14 AM
also check your starter button, mine wife rolled mine and i got nothing when i hit the button, but when i took it apart the switch was busted just another idea

brewster426
06-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Here is a fuse link by the battery. It's probably blown. My 400 did that. There is two fuses. One spare and one that it uses. I bet that's the problem.

AtvKid4Eva
06-24-2011, 11:30 AM
definitely check the switch on the handle bars. Take it apart and make sure the button isn't broken on the inside. Ive seen this happen before when my buddy rolled his bike.

Honda07
06-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
check to see if the battery has any voltage. I have broke a cell in the battery before racing and then they are junk. If the battery is bad don't jump start it becuase it will burn up the stator running it with a bad battery
If the battery was bad, wouldn't it stall out the motor when I'd let it idle, because its not 'charging' if the battery had a broken cell? I just put a new battery in in April to...

The fuses are good, I checked those. The switch is also good, I had a problem there last year and even undid my 2 connections and just put the wires together, still nothing. I'm going to go buy just a start switch today, to get rid of the whole stock headlight/kill switch/ hi-low beam. I already gutted it last year, only thing I use is the start.

I'll try a new start switch. The weird part is, the quad will fire on bump starting, and thats how I finished the night out Tuesday. Thanks for the replys guys!

brewster426
06-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Try to put a jump box on it. When I had that fuse problem I could put the jump box on it and it would crank. And the neutral light would flicker when it was running. I've also had a battery just completely crap out on me out of nowhere. No signs of anything. Just lost charge and wouldn't hold one. I put a dirtbike killswitch on my bike for a start button. It could have knocked a wire loose when you flipped. Especially if it was a violent one.

Honda07
06-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Running again, it was the wire coming from the fuses that has the male & female connector. As soon as I plugged it in my neutral light had power & my starter worked. I put a fly anidozed kill/start button on as my starter. Best part is it was free :D