PDA

View Full Version : What makes a good ex tool kit

dingo
02-21-2003, 12:41 PM
What makes a good ex tool kit to take with you on trips. What kind of tools are best, as well as sprays and temp fixs to have with you. Also what is a good tool kit to take riding with you?

luvmyex
02-21-2003, 05:19 PM
what mine has.A 1/4 drive socket wrench and ext. a sleave of sockets from 8mm-14mm,Wrenches,8mm,10mm 12mm,14mm,17mm,19mm.A screwdriver with changeable tips.pliers both needle nose and reg.Allen wrench that fits the chain adjust bolts.axle carrier tool,spare plug and sandpaper,zip-ties.
Plus a tire kit.Plugs and tools to put in,About 4-5 co2's and the co2 pump.I even used the co2 pump to fix a tire that came off the bead one time.
I can cover most repairs on the trails that come up with this.And just in case i have a tie down strap.

JOEX
02-21-2003, 09:12 PM
Beer

JabberJaw
02-21-2003, 09:36 PM
and beer nuts...

Loeryder
02-22-2003, 12:31 AM
What tool kit??? :D

I have the Honda tire gauge and Honda pliers.
That should fix about anything..

Stevie-D
02-24-2003, 05:27 PM
:rolleyes: i took my toolkit off last summer:eek:
maybe i should put it back on for when i hit the trails this spring...
lol

dingo
02-25-2003, 02:05 PM
Besides beer, nuts and whiskey which is a must! The tool kit I'm talking about is not what you carry with you riding I'm talking whats in the tool box in the garage for maintanace work. Shuch as T- handles, cable luber and other goodies.

JOEX
02-25-2003, 04:11 PM
I just set up my trip box...
Complete set of sockets and ratchets 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 drive
extentions and adapters
Torque wrench
Complete set of open end/box wrenches (no wenches yet;) )
allen wrenches
screw drivers
Various pliers, channel locks, snap ring pliers
vise grips
wire strippers
tire plug kit
lock tight
spark plug
oil filter
chain breaker
electrical tape
duct tape
small hammer
Misc. nuts and bolts
electrical connectors
air filter oil and cleaner
grease

I'm sure there are a few other things i'm forgetting

Yes, it weighs a ton:eek2:

dingo, you oughta stop by some time...

Joe

toby400ex
02-25-2003, 07:57 PM
vise grips will tighten anything that they can get too:D

"BLAHH"300!!
02-28-2003, 09:58 PM
...vice grips will strip EVERYTHING they touch.....
vice grips get the chunk anytime thier neer my bike.
and i hate allen wrenches too...i'd rather replace my carrier bolts, i'm not but........

anyone know what size those 2 allen bolts are at the carrier?

Str8Wicked
02-28-2003, 10:04 PM
I lost my took kit the fist time to the dunes with my 400. Actually think I left it out on the trailer when we left and of coarse it had fallen off when we were home... Don't need it anyways... Carry a siz pack rack with 6 beers and one bottle of water laying on top, and carry a strap in your tool box and your set. If shyt happens you have your pull strap and the beer to drink on the long slow ride back to camp. The water is just in case you see a girl pas by with a white tee on..... or to keep you alive... eithier one....

Str8Wicked
02-28-2003, 10:09 PM
Oh yeah.. and my tool box on my trailer carries a hammer which is a must, a large cresent wrench, spark plug wrenches, extra plugs for all my homies bike's and my 400. Also carry my outerwear box cover just in case we are going into the mud or waters. What else... I carry a 100 piece Craftsmen tool set in my truck. The box on my trailer also has a set of allens, screwdrivers, wire cutters, wire splicers, hazard tape, matches, knife, and a trash bag....

03-01-2003, 07:32 PM
why bring a hammer ???..just use your forehead :blah ..j/k:ermm:
there is a reason quads come w/toolboxes :D