PDA

View Full Version : looking for sparks stuff

hartwill
06-23-2011, 08:07 AM
I'm just seeing what's out there. I'm looking for a sparks mx pipe and a sparks mx ported cylinder. I'm in no rush just looking for the deals:D

Lasher
06-23-2011, 10:41 AM
I am thinking of selling my Sparks 265 cylinder. I am about to send it to Neil for a bore/piston but I have given thought to just selling it to pay for the repairs needed on my Sparks 330 cylinder.

hartwill
06-23-2011, 12:05 PM
How many bores are left on it? How much?

Lasher
06-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Not sure on the number of bores left. That is why I am sending to Neil. It came with an ATC piston, which I believe I can go one size up. But I am not 100% sure that the cylinder is not supposed to have the YZ piston. It was the motor that came with the Walsh I brought 2 years ago. The motor was awesome and the top end did not have a problem. My son blew out 1st gear in the tranny and it has sat on the bench for all of last year.

I picked up a 330 Sparks this spring but it has a cracked sleeve. My plan was to get the 265 cylinder freshened up and run that until I can get the 330 repaired. But I am putting all my "racing funds" towards my kids hybrid build.

Any event, I will not sell it until I send it to Neil and know more about the cylinder/piston situation. Plus tempted to keep that as my backup motor. So I don't have a clue on price just yet.

If you have a great shape Sparks MX330 pipe/silencer I might be tempted to unload the cylinder sooner :)

hartwill
06-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Sure don't have one. I didn't know sparks made any of those cylinders to use the atc/trx piston. You may want to have Neil verify the port timings as well to make sure someone didn't just thow the atc piston in. Also if its a 265 there Probly aren't any bores left, if I recall correctly these were kinda made to be disposable or at least needed resleaved when they were out of tolerance. I asked about bores wondering if it was a re-sleeve.