PDA

View Full Version : rod off of crank?

mhewitt
06-22-2011, 07:43 AM
Sorry for all the noob questions but the pdf file manual I have doesn't show this stuff, how do u get the rod off of the crank to replace the rod bearing? It seems that the rod journal is pressed into the crank but at a second look I noticed that it doesn't look like there's enough room for the journal to come out passed the ends on the crank.

DnB_racing
06-22-2011, 09:32 AM
your better off just getting a new crank,unless your setup to balance and true it. you will end up with vibrations

55stone
06-22-2011, 01:02 PM
press fit.. has to be re-tured ones its been apart and put back together with new bearings and rod.

mhewitt
06-22-2011, 04:18 PM
o well that sucks i guess theres no cheap way around it i'll be buying a new assembly and using this one for a paper weight

ThumPIN_450R
06-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by mhewitt
o well that sucks i guess theres no cheap way around it i'll be buying a new assembly and using this one for a paper weight

I have about 5 of these paper weights. they work great as door stops too.

mhewitt
06-22-2011, 05:43 PM
lol, well this brings me back to my other post about stroker crankshafts, can you SAFELY use a 3mm stroker crank with standard height big bore cylinder? on the hot rod crankshaft website when u look at stroker crankshafts it says it makes your factory engine a 470cc and when used with cylinder works big bore makes it 500cc's never mentions having to get a taller cylinder to compensate for the added stroke. i already have the big bore so if i have to get a crank assembly, i will get the stroker if safe???:D

mhewitt
06-22-2011, 07:29 PM
http://www.hotrodsproducts.com/ProductInfo.aspx?item_id=684

mhewitt
06-26-2011, 04:13 PM
talked to hot rods crankshafts on the phone n they say +3mm crank is perfectly fine with stadard height cylinder and stock comp piston

DnB_racing
06-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by mhewitt
talked to hot rods crankshafts on the phone n they say +3mm crank is perfectly fine with stadard height cylinder and stock comp piston That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure, as the only strokes Ive done are 2 strokes, I like the short stroke on my four stroke the 4 strokes are torqued out enough for me, i like a quick rev with not so much torque, but that's me.. i guess i like the 2 stoke quick high rev feel more then the four stroke torque felling .. on my 450 I go as high comp as possible, im not worried about lugging it