View Full Version : I think i've become a softy.... another tough day....

trailrider894
06-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Well, woke up late for work today, and only got half my paycheck because someone screwed it up. On my way home, I found the most beautiful Siberian Husky i've seen in my life wondering around in the middle of a BUSY hwy near my home. I led the dog with my car over to a nearby golf course and tried to get any info from it that i could. It had no tag, but did have a collar. She was a wonderful and friendly dog. Heck i even played fetch with her while waiting for a sheriff's deputy to show up to help me out. Well, while talking to the golf course manager, the dog managed to climb into my car and fall a-sleep on my back seat. Ended up having to leave the dog were it was after exhausting all options, including contacting atleast a dozen local animal shelters and rescuers.

Ch 2.

Got home and found my dog had managed to pick up a baby bunny rabbit. The rabbit was near death, but still breathing. I put my ashamed dog ( she knew she did something bad ) inside, i took the bleeding out bunny to a safe place to lay on its deathbed. I just washed the blood off my hands.

Just a real tuff day emotionally... I am normally the one who brushes this stuff off, but i just couldn't keep it together today... Anyhow, just wanted to say what was up.

CJM
06-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Damn! Ida kept the dog man.

Sorry about the other dog, but dogs are hunters/scavengers and will do stuff like that. A dog I had once at bay birds, and a squirrel

trailrider894
06-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Damn! Ida kept the dog man.

Sorry about the other dog, but dogs are hunters/scavengers and will do stuff like that. A dog I had once at bay birds, and a squirrel

Things is, i don't have anywhere to take the dog except back to my parents house, and there are kids there. Just can't take that risk... Even the nicest dogs have a bad side.

Ruby Soho
06-21-2011, 10:11 PM
This was a tough day?:scary:

J250r
06-21-2011, 10:34 PM
lol wtf. i hope this wasn't serious. a bunny? are you kidding?

Tommy Warren
06-21-2011, 10:35 PM
I found a dieing rabbit on an atv trail that was hit. it looked like it was laying there for days it wasn't moving but was covered in tics and breathing so I had to put it out of its misery....

rbgnwa45
06-22-2011, 11:01 AM
I found like 8 baby rabbits without a nest on my lawn, they were so tiny and they were rolling around in mud and cold water, so I made a nest for them out of big leaves and I put them all in the center and they seemed very comfy. I left it for 10 minutes, and my beagle had killed 7 of them. I ended up stepping on the one that got away, it was hiding in the grass. That was a bad day.

400exrider707
06-22-2011, 11:17 AM
I can see the other stuff, kind of. Your dog killing a baby rabbit? Eh... it happens. You know those toys your dog has that have squeakers on the inside... you know why dogs seem to always incessantly squeak those things. Because the noise immitates that of a dying animal. That's why they always seem to chew apart and destroy toys with squeakers on the inside.

rbgnwa45
06-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Aside from my pure bred Samoyed being afraid of thunder & lightning, his worst fear is the squeek from a toy that looks like an animal. It's like he just doesn't understand that it's fake lol.

CJM
06-22-2011, 12:08 PM
you guys got nothing on me, I work landscaping and I weedwack usually. Cant tell you how many birds and rabbits I nailed with the weedwacker by accident. Im just cruising along doing my thing and the babies are in the grass. I feel so bad but wtf its over and done with by the time I realize it.

ridered11
06-22-2011, 12:30 PM
I stepped on an ant today, RIP.

jzexrider
06-22-2011, 01:16 PM
^^^lmao

Zakradu398
06-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Hit a ground hog on the quad today going about 45mph. It was a nice sized one.:)

chucked
06-22-2011, 03:11 PM
this one time I found a bunch of baby rabbits, I got one of those 3 man water balloon launchers and me and 2 friends sling shot them one at a time into a pond.

chucked
06-22-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm just kidding...

rbgnwa45
06-22-2011, 08:19 PM
lmao @ ants.

I have a cousin who shot frogs out of a sling shot. Not a joke.

tjsdaname
06-22-2011, 08:27 PM
I hit a deer in my old blaster lol.... ran right over the top of it.. seriously...:eek2:

madskrillz2
06-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
This was a tough day?:scary:

That's what I'm sayin lol

finsteratv
06-22-2011, 11:46 PM
found out my girl was cheating on me. that was my day :chinese: finda new one i guess..

idk maybe im heartless but i'll go out in the fields when i was younger with my air rifle and hold it right to the head of snakes and blast em then watch em scwirm haha..then i learned i could throw knives too haha..i love animals but i guess i have a predator side..

TheLane
06-23-2011, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by finsteratv
found out my girl was cheating on me. that was my day :chinese: finda new one i guess..

idk maybe im heartless but i'll go out in the fields when i was younger with my air rifle and hold it right to the head of snakes and blast em then watch em scwirm haha..then i learned i could throw knives too haha..i love animals but i guess i have a predator side..

and a serial killer side! congratulations.

madskrillz2
06-23-2011, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by TheLane
and a serial killer side! congratulations.

bahaha you beat me to it

ridered11
06-23-2011, 08:37 AM
Call me a serial killer but I literally kill every snake I see. Can't stand them.

wilkin250r
06-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Everybody has their triggers, don't they? Both their soft sides and cold sides.

I don't kill snakes, and I don't understand why people do. They don't hurt anything. No, I don't want to wake up next to one on my pillow, but generally they keep to themselves and are harmless as far as most people are concerned. Of the many many many people I know that are afraid of snakes, not a single one has ever come close to being bitten by a poisonous one.

But mice! I hate rats and mice with a passion, and I will kill every one I see. They are ruining my house, my garage, they are filthy and disgusting vermin.

Tommy Warren
06-23-2011, 10:49 AM
if you pick up a snake by the tail and crack it like a whip they break every bone in their bodies:devil: snakes aren't animals they are discusting pests that wait until you are right on top of them before they think they should move....scares the crap out of me.

pmg8134
06-23-2011, 11:20 AM
the serial killer thing doesn`t come in to play unless it`s matched with two other things bedwetting and lighting fires. some kind of serial killer triangle thing. kind of remember it from a pscych class. are you guys wetting the bed too? might need to talk to somebody!:-)

ridered11
06-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Digging the snake whip idea, although I'd rather not even have to pick one up. Creepy little f*ckers

Tommy Warren
06-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by ridered11
Digging the snake whip idea, although I'd rather not even have to pick one up. Creepy little f*ckers

you gotta be quick just grab, crack and keep walkin:D