PDA

View Full Version : Electrical connectors needed

OldGuyonaQuad
06-20-2011, 09:34 PM
I recently had an electrical problem which was tracked back to a broken pin on the 24 pin connector and one of the blue slip on connectors. Long story short my buddy repaired the pin on the white 24 pin connector and let me use his two blue 12 pin covers (idk what they are called) and told me to order new ones for him. The problem is I can't find an item number for it and I went to the dealer and he said he can't get them nor guarantee that
I would get them if I dropped the buck for a new harness.

anyone have any ideas or a harness lying around with these covers they want to sell? It's for a 2009.

If I can't get replacements my buddy said he might just hard wire and shrink wrap? any thoughts on that is also appreciated

NMills
06-21-2011, 10:12 AM
24 pin?? where is this?? i for some reason i can think of a wire that big... have you checked with a dealer? you can try servicehonda.com and see if it's there..

OldGuyonaQuad
06-21-2011, 04:10 PM
The delaer said he couldn't get them nor guarantee that I would receive them even if I bought the whole harness.

The 24 pin connector is the main wiring power bus, located under the hood it's white with two blue slip on cover/connectors...these are the items I need.

NMills
06-21-2011, 04:15 PM
follow this link... it's a diagram... which is it???

http://www.servicehondapsn.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=959776&category=ATVs&make=Honda&year=2009&fveh=26230

Maybe you can take a pic and post it???

CJM
06-21-2011, 07:56 PM
I see a used harness in your future or you wiring each one up yourself using crimp on connectors.

OldGuyonaQuad
06-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I see a used harness in your future or you wiring each one up yourself using crimp on connectors.

thanks CJM kinda where I thought I was, I have one more possible out....stopped at a computer repair place today showed him the connector and told him to replace the missing pin with something as close as possible and to clean up the corrosion on the good pins as best he could, he told me to leave it and check back tomorrow...fingers crosssed...ok in the mean time who has a used 400ex harness they want to sell?

My brother said it looked like the harness changed after "05 is that true?

CJM
06-22-2011, 04:20 PM
05+ is a different harness due to reverse, they also use a different cdi.

If you check the forsale section there is a guy parting out EVERY part of his quad-he might have one.

NMills
06-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by CJM
05+ is a different harness due to reverse, they also use a different cdi.

The only difference i noticed was a wire for the reverse light... i am running the 05 bottom end on my 04 wires.. .also i am running a 05+ aftermarket cdi box... and mines runs great...

Are there more differences that i am not seeing???

OldGuyonaQuad
06-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys