PDA

View Full Version : kyletarpley is no good

steveward13
06-20-2011, 08:45 PM
So here's the deal....

In late February kyletarpley listed a Baldwin ported head for sale, we sent a few pm's back and forth and this is what I'm told..06+ ported mx race head, stock valves, less than 10 hours on it, work done by Baldwin.. only selling because team is switching sponsors.. we agree on a price, I paypal as a gift (dumb ***, I know) . It should be noted it took me about 8 days to pay, paypal had implemented some BS security and locked my account.

Payment eventually goes through, head arrives a week or so later. Looks ok,with a quick glance. I take the head down to the shop that works on my bike, tell them to check it out, put new valves in if needed and put it on the bike. I get a call from my shop saying bad news.. the head has a hairline crack in the threads of the spark plug hole and the valve seats have been sunk so far they do not make shims small enough to work.

My shop says they wouldn't run the head with that crack..

I email kyletarpley, he says that head was flawless when it left his house. I explained that is not the case, he implies my shop may have damaged it. I understood his concern, but no way they could crack it and they are very reputable shop.

Email after email is sent with either a slow response or no response. I send pictures of the crack, still no resolution. I eventually get an email saying he has no electricity etc from the tornado in Alabama, I am sympathetic and ask that he get back to me ASAP..

I hear nothing for weeks, I have sent several more emails and pm's without response..

And Here is my favorite part, I list a wtb shocks posting, he pm's me wanting me to buy some from him. I respond and tell him not without resolving the head issue..

Anyway, I guess kyletarpley isn't the best seller out there

user name is tarp819 on 450r.org, there is a negative feedback on there as well. He has since been on both sites trying to sell stuff, still no response to my messages, texts, emails, etc.