PDA

View Full Version : Elka has been DUMPED!!!!!

fourwhls
02-21-2003, 08:21 AM
I just want to get this off my chest.

I ran Elka shocks last season on the EX. I had a lot of problems with them at first. I blew out the front shocks three times and the rear shock once in the first two months.

I guess they couldn't understand that I am a big guy (250lbs) thats not scared to go big.

Instead of telling them where to stick their shocks, I stuck with them and finished the season with them. Their customer service was great and they were always willing to work with me and get my shocks repaired as fast as they could.

Well that was last year. I guess their heads have blown up too much this year.

I just bought a Cannondale and am in the process of setting it up. I called Elka and got some prices on shocks. Now, realize that I WAS supossedly a sponsored rider. After calling around and doing some price shopping I found that I can get Custom Axis for a few dollars less than the price Elka had given me through one of my local sponsors.

So I called Elka this morning and told them this scenario and asked them to meet or beat that price and I would stick with them and run Elkas again this year.

The response I received was basically "if you don't like the price I gave you, carry your *****"

I could have bad mouthed them last year when the 1700 shocks I bought blew out the first time, or second time, or even third time, but I didn't. I figured they were a new company, and it would work out for the better in the long run. I guess I was wrong.

Needless to say I will be running Custom Axis this year, and will not be listing Elka as a sponser any more.

QuadRacer041
02-21-2003, 09:20 AM
here we go again, lol:D

that sux man, i hope your axis work out better for yea.

Extremeracer167
02-21-2003, 09:30 AM
good call;)

beyer05
02-21-2003, 11:00 AM
You will love the axis.

trx400ex
02-21-2003, 11:06 AM
awesome dude, axis wont let you down:macho

02-21-2003, 11:18 AM
Hopefully the Axis work out for ya...;)

I'm not goin thru this chit again..I'm lockin it down before it gets outta hand like all other elka threads...:blah