PDA

View Full Version : 450r carb choke hook up

Hondaman 406
06-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Just go my 450r carb on still need to get jets it had 55 p 178 keihin main 2 1/2 out on a/f runs good can't wait to get jets anyways I can't figure out a way to beable to use choke the dang fuel line is in the way. How how u guys done it I ride it the winter and it get below zero so I would like to use

honda400ex2003
06-19-2011, 05:23 PM
i leave mine off and just pump it a few times to get it started. same in the winter. most guys just pump it all the time.

i take my seat off and just reach up and hold it for a second or two if i really need it in the winter, I dont really ride it much though when theres snow on the ground.

steve

honda400ex2003
06-19-2011, 05:23 PM
i leave mine off and just pump it a few times to get it started. same in the winter. most guys just pump it all the time.

i take my seat off and just reach up and hold it for a second or two if i really need it in the winter, I dont really ride it much though when theres snow on the ground.

steve

CJM
06-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Large enough pilot should alleviate most hard starting issues. I feel that in general honda makes these carbs way to lean on the pilot to begin with period.

When I finally get off my duff and buy the rest of the parts I need for my 450r carb Im gonna try and rig up a way to make the choke work using some kinda home made lever-maybe custom forming the tank or something with a heat gun a bit.

supraloud84
06-20-2011, 05:05 AM
I made a choke lever for my buddies quad when we put the 450 carb on his. I removed the choke lever from the carb first. There is a groove in the shaft where the c clip sat into. I used a wire coat hanger and bent a loop around the groove and clamped it closed so it cant slip off of there. Then I made it drop down about 2 1/2 - 3 inches and put another bend and small loop in it to use as a handle. It works awesome and he is able to use the choke now. Ill see if I can get a pic and post it up so you get a visual

Zeb400EX
06-20-2011, 11:19 PM
i been try to figure out something with my choke as well. please post some pic. I use mine all the time. even in the summer. it starts fine with out it, but i have to keep my thumb on the throttle to keep it running. if take the seat off and use a pair of long needle nose pliers and set the choke on i can simply hit the start button and it fires right up and stays running without touch the throttle. i think i'm running a #48 pilot now. i've put a #50 in but you can smell gas like its to rich at ilde.