PDA

View Full Version : gear

jackrb100
06-19-2011, 04:04 PM
I had to dissasemble the motor down to the tranny to replace the counter shaft because of a sprocket running loose and wrecking the end of it. When I took out the tranny I noticed marks on one of the gears but am not sure if they will be a problem. The tranny is backcut and maybe coated. Im thinking it might not have the markes on the side that is driving and biting with the other gear I took the best pics that I could. Let me know what you guys think I would hope to get the rest of the season out of the tranny and it is working 100%. The gear that it engages with is perfect.

jackrb100
06-19-2011, 04:11 PM
gear

DnB_racing
06-19-2011, 04:33 PM
from the pic the bottom circle the gouge is kinda deep.. if it does brake you'd wished you fixed it!!!

if it was me Id fix!

you all ready have it apart,it will be much cheaper and safer to fix now

jackrb100
06-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the reply. Will it be ok if I put in a stock gear that hasnt been backcut or will it have to be backcut and coated aswell to be compatable with the rest of the transmission. As long as i replace the corresponding gears aswell.

jackrb100
06-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Does anyone know if a stock gear would work in this tranny along with the backcut ones.