PDA

View Full Version : New Banshee

HondaPohl
06-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Hey peeps. Just got my first Banshee. Have to put a top end in it but no big deal. I have a question tho. What is the switch assemblies for the carbs and in the thumb trottle. The wires are cut already. Do I need this **** hooked up? Thanks for any feedback.

Hondamaster5505
06-20-2011, 01:43 PM
You mean the giant electrical boxes on top of the carbs? Those would be the TORS. Throttle-OverRide-System. Basically it the event the throttle gets stuck wide open it cuts spark. Sounds great right? Well they're known to always stop working and mess up. So people usually cut the wires and be done with it.

I personally chose to keep them on even though my wires are cut, so I can use the idle adjustment screw on them. But some people choose to buy the TORS removal kit which includes a drill & tap and instructions on how to install a different idle screw on the carb body itself.

HondaPohl
06-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the reply. Doing some research, I read what the TORS is all about. Since Iam not building a show quad but one I will beat the heck out of, I think I will leave them hooked up but disconnected. Thanks