PDA

View Full Version : stuck wide open

zukiboy
06-19-2011, 12:31 PM
went to ride my quad yesterday and it wouldnt start ..... so i put 2 new plugs and boots on it ....still wouldnt start so i took the carbs off and cleaned them out with carb clean and put the carbs back on went and lunch and came back to start it and it started first kick but was stuck wide open......... i pull the air box off and look on the back of the carb and everything seems to be working properly........... any ideas ( i rode it 7 days before and it ran normal no problems starting or anything)
thanks

Muggzy
06-20-2011, 07:48 PM
Was it really stuck open or is it possible there was just some carb cleaner left in those carbs? It sounds like a lean condition and can also occur if the slides get wet and stick open or if your filters get wet (and get your slides wet). Make sure the carb slides are both down and try to start it without touching the trottle. You may have to choke it but try not to touch the throttle and see if it idles normally.

If it only runs away after you goose the throttle a little, they're probably wet - possibly from cleaner.