PDA

View Full Version : True Story!

slightlybent47
06-18-2011, 11:24 PM
It’s so dry!

It’s been over 140 days since we have had any rain fall at all. And it’s also been one of the hottest springs we have had in many years.
And on top of that my water well went out two weeks ago, so I have not water anything in weeks.
Well today I was out splitting firewood (yeah it ironic I’m cutting firewood in 105 degree heat) and I stopped to take a pee.
I walk behind my shed and do my thing. As I’m standing there with a nice stream going I see a lizard run down a tree and jump off the side and hit the ground.
He quickly scampered strait for me, and stopped next to where my stream was landing.
Then he ran up and tried to get a drink of my pee! Yuck!
I finished up and when I moved he ran a short distance away.

Well after being surprised at what I just saw and having felt bad for the little guy and yes I had a chuckle or two.lol
I got a bottle of water held it about 3 feet off the ground and started pouring it out real slow. The little guy ran back over to me and got right under the dripping water and opened his mouth and got a big drink. He then licked up a little off the ground before it quickly soaked in.
He then took off and ran away but stopped a short distance away and looked back at me as to say thank you.

Gee I hope I never get that thirsty, and if I do, I hope someone will give me a drink of water instead of peeing on me!lol

True story!

sly400ex
06-19-2011, 07:36 AM
haha....pretty good.:p

wilkin250r
06-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
It’s so dry!

It’s been over 140 days since we have had any rain fall at all. And it’s also been one of the hottest springs we have had in many years.

How weird. Because it has easily been one of the coldest springs I can ever remember. In fact, I couldn't even say it's been a wet spring, because we haven't had rain, we've had snow. It's been a joke around here this year that we never had any spring at all, just a really long winter, record snowpack, and then skipped straight to summer.

CJM
06-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Winter sucked here, was cold and snowed ALOT. Spring was ok but you needed pants till the end of may, now summer is so sweltering hot its insane.

Usually bad winter here means really hot summer, and thus thats what we got. Humidity is horrible, I work outside and my t-shirt is drenched in 20 mins.

smr
06-20-2011, 05:40 AM
it's amazing how things are different throughout the country. In Ky we had a very cool spring with plenty of rain. Then it dried out for a couple weeks in the 90's. Now it's cooled down again with plenty of rain.

Pappy
06-20-2011, 06:29 AM
70 one day, 103 the next, now back to cooler and rain then heat....

Mother nature is on some serious **** I think....

insaneracin2003
06-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Finally getting some rain in Texas....figures, I water my lawn like a mutha last night...oh and washed my truck....then it decides to rain...yeah paps, Mother Nature is pissed at me i guess...