PDA

View Full Version : upgrades

edwardsk9
06-17-2011, 05:46 PM
my buddy has a 09 yfz450r and he is lookin at upgrading his motor. besides electrical upgrades what are some good options for him?

atvextremerider
06-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by edwardsk9
my buddy has a 09 yfz450r and he is lookin at upgrading his motor. besides electrical upgrades what are some good options for him?

exhaust
pattles(if he rides sand)
air filter
high comp pison
cam
p&p
suspention

spanky101
06-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Alot depends on the budget that is available. Always a good start is exhaust and intake upgrades. I would suggest a hmf pipe, msd blaster and I believe a fci intake is available now also. That would give a great increase in power. After that id really look into suspension upgrades!

Kovatch
06-21-2011, 07:59 PM
FCI are on pre-order. First shipment leaves July 13. Give or take.

Hi comp piston, cams, P&P, Fuel controller, intake, exhaust.

Better suspension allows you to scoot around faster, I would suggest some money towards that too!!

edwardsk9
06-22-2011, 06:18 PM
ok thanks for the info. he currently has an alba exhaust and what does p&p stand for?

atvextremerider
06-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by edwardsk9
ok thanks for the info. he currently has an alba exhaust and what does p&p stand for?
port and polish

edwardsk9
06-23-2011, 05:28 PM
ya that makes sense now thanks

reconmaster
06-24-2011, 01:02 PM
a efi programmer would be a good idea...jw cause i was asking myself this this morning for efi quads would a throttle body off a sport bike/crotch rocket be a good idea to gain more power since people put bigger carbs/bore thier carbs out

sorry for high jacking the topic

back to topic je/cp pistons according to the budget he can choose how much compression he wants.. look into who can build the motor best for your friends riding abilities/style and what hes doing also upgrade suspension (either rev alve longer shocks different aarms) as he goes cause whats the sense of having a bunch of power if you can't fast outside of a smooth straight away.