PDA

View Full Version : right side clutch cover question

leakyvoodoo
06-16-2011, 09:19 PM
ok i have pulled my right side clutch cover today to fix a leak. the person before me put rtv and a gasket. it looks there there is a vally and little oil jets that are over the clutch basket that are comeing from the oil filter. well that vally was coved with rtv. people that road my bike said that the clutch was hard to pull. could this be the reason. are they for oiling the clutch basket. what kinda of harm could have that done. i have been rideing like that since i got it last year it just started leaking where the clutch are goes into the cover. any ideas.

trailrider894
06-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Pics?

Stickman400
06-18-2011, 02:20 PM
I think I know what he's talking about. I notice them little holes and valleys everytime I change my clutch plates. OP, I think they are to oil the plates and basket, it probably would help to scrap all the RTV off and buy a new gasket. I always buy OEM gaskets just because they are made so well and they go on dry and need nothing else to seal. So just scrap off everything that's on the side of the case and cover(make sure not to gouge anything!) and put on the new gasket and assemble.