PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Rekluse

Foxhound013
06-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Recently the thought of a rekluse clutch has been popping into my head on nearly an hourly basis lol, Does anybody know the pros and cons of each slipper clutch they have, like is the z start pro that much better than the exp clutch, and is the core exp just way to over the top. I do race xc and the only thing that worries me is the fact that i lose engine braking (plan is now just not to kill it on hills lol). Could you guys give me some pros and cons of each, your past experiences with them etc., Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

DnB_racing
06-17-2011, 09:05 AM
do a search on REKLUSE there have been many threads recently

Foxhound013
06-17-2011, 09:37 AM
I apologize for that, thats what i'm doing right now, i've found a few things. I really haven't found anything about the exp though, I've found stuff on the core exp but I think from the sounds of it my best bet is to get a used z start pro because it's nearly the same price as an exp new. Again i'm sorry for posting without searching first, I wasn't thinking about it when I posted. Thanks

DnB_racing
06-17-2011, 09:46 AM
no need to apoligize!!!we all do it now and then..lol

Foxhound013
06-17-2011, 10:10 AM
I'm having a hard time figuring one thing out, i think if I get one it'll definitely be z-start pro but does the age of the clutch matter. I think, If i read right, the older rekluse's were high maintenance but the newer ones aren't, anybody able to clear that up for me a little.

airmobile101
06-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Get a Rekluse Pro with a aftermarket clutch basket. You don't need the EXP. The pros of it is it will make you faster, no lie! Cons.... you can't pop start the quad.

Think of yourself going thru a heavy rutted/rocky area on the 3rd or 4th lap on a 8 mile course. Your butt is dead tired and you know its gonna be a biatch trying to feather that clutch thru that section. The idea if stalling it out comes to mind, etc......

^^^^^^^^^ thats a example what you would think if you ran a conventional clutch instead if a Rekluse. lol

With a Rekluse, just pin it and let it do its thing. lol

Foxhound013
06-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Is the aftermarket clutch basket 100% necessary, if not then I'll just leave my stocker in for now and later on down the road I'll replace it with an aftermarket.

airmobile101
06-18-2011, 03:06 AM
No sir, an aftermarket basket isn't needed, but the stock basket tends to groove easy with a Rekluse. I went about a year on my stock basket before I went to a Hinson. My stocker was grooved,but not bad.

Foxhound013
06-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Sweet, thanks for the info airmobile, sounds like I'll be buying one after my next paycheck.

Colby@C&DRacing
06-20-2011, 09:33 AM
The rekluse basket is deeper than the stock or any other aftermarket basket. And as far as I know the EPX is only for the dirtbikes,not ready for the abuse the atv's will put on it. I like the design and simplicity of the exp other that the fact you have full clutch feel like stock, I guess I have just gotten use to the feel of the pro where there isn't much clutch feel :)

Dave400ex
06-20-2011, 04:02 PM
There are some EXP's out there Colby. Brian Wolf was running one and Parker is still running one. They are super easy to adjust, but I don't think I'd like the feel of it after running a Pro either.

383ysi
06-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Agree with dave400ex, I have a core exp in my 450r and love it. Simple to adjust, wish I would've done it sooner.