PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Mac Book Reveiws

backwoodsracer
06-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Ive pretty much decided on getting a macbook but im not sure which to choose im not paying 0ver $1000 (not including tax) I can get a good deal on the mac book air 11.6" brand new for $800 but i dont think they have a dvd drive. Or a new regular MacBook. I need to hear The pro's and CON'S on them. Ive heard they block a lot of sites and wont let you open emails. Hopefully i can get a better under standing or maybe some other suggestions on other laptops.

tjsdaname
06-16-2011, 04:37 PM
first off they do not block any sites. and they do not block any emails.

if I were you I would not get the air, just get the white plastic one... thats the one I have, and it is amazing.

oh... and for the people who think you cannot right click on a mac... you are an idiot...

TheLane
06-16-2011, 05:27 PM
well....you cant right click on em i dont like that.:p JJUUUUUSSTSTT kidding.

They are great for running Pro Tools, and sony vegas!

ridered11
06-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Never had a problem going to sites or opening emails so I don't know where that myth came from. I got a student discount on my 15' MacBook Pro for about a grand. I like the air, but i really couldn't do without the CD drive.

backwoodsracer
06-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Ay my cousin has one that's 4 years old and running fine but he said. It blocked a few things and I heard you couldn't use Microsoft on it but the site say you can. Anything you can't do on them?

motofreak2772
06-16-2011, 10:28 PM
There is nothing you "can't" do on them that you can't do on a PC. And yes, you can run the microsoft OS on it too. So that cancels out anything that you wouldn't be able to do on it because it's a mac.

XCRacer236
06-17-2011, 10:02 AM
the only real problem with Apple computers is the file types are specific to Apple, so the files can't be created on an Apple, saved, and then opened on a Microsoft OS. You have to export the file and save it a different way.

Scro
06-17-2011, 10:05 AM
After buying my last PC laptop with Windows 7, I'll be switching to Mac for my next one. They just run so much smoother. Windows 7 freezes up on a daily basis for me.

JForestZ34
06-18-2011, 09:21 AM
As of now the mac is the best to get right now.. Virus you can forget about.. Won't happen on a mac.. (YET) LOL..

Just be forwarned, if you install a microsoft OS via bootcamp you will be at risk for getting a virus.. I have not installed ANY microsoft products on my mac out of fear of this.. They have programs that microsoft has in MAc form so it's not a big deal...

You will enjoy it.. I wouldn't get the macbook air though.. I would get a regular macbook, they are pretty cheap and have decent power...

James

ridehonda400ex
06-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Scro
After buying my last PC laptop with Windows 7, I'll be switching to Mac for my next one. They just run so much smoother. Windows 7 freezes up on a daily basis for me.

Try google chrome, internet explorer is worthless. Google Chrome has made my Windows Vista Laptop run smooth as butter