PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock Carburetor

MillerTime
02-20-2003, 10:11 PM
Does anybody know where I can get a good deal on an edelbrock carburetor. I can only find one company other than edelbrock that sell the quick silver carb.

buying this carburetor, is it better to order it from edelbrock or doesn't it matter.

PHIL_B54
02-20-2003, 10:42 PM
i got mine off ebay, edelbrock has been nothing but helpful when ive spoke with them, my accelerator pump rod had some extra play in it and they sent me a new guide
i havent had much of a chance to ride it but something sure woke y quad up

rob-u/21
02-20-2003, 11:26 PM
you can get one from golden west cycle.

Big - D Racing
02-21-2003, 12:39 AM
I got mine brand new for $360 in San Diego and they don't take orders over phone. You have to be local. However, when I ordered mine it was on back order and took 2 months to get it. Any dealer who deal out of the white bros. catalog, or parts unlimited will be able to get that carb. Most dealers use both of those companies, so you shouldn't have a problem finding a dealer near you because that carb is in both of those catalogs. I know i have the white bros. and parts unlimited catalog.

MillerTime
02-21-2003, 05:46 AM
Hay thanks for the input, I wasn't aware that parts unlimited sold elderbrock, my uncle has a dealers license from them.
I guess I'll be giving him a call today.

one more question that I have is the size of carburetor 36 or 38mm, right now my motor is stock, the only modes that I have are, k&n filter, e-series exhaust and head pip,
in the future I plan on doing motor work.

Sick0
02-21-2003, 06:21 AM
Right now you don't really need one, the stock one is fineworks good with a stock motor. But you start donig more motor work the carb is a good uprade as well. So i would go with the 38mm. THe 36mm will be too small when dol the motor work.

hondaforlife
02-21-2003, 11:49 AM
Look in Dirtwheels mag, they usually have more than a few places sellin' em. I saw the carb for $385 in there. Don't remember who from though. If you have an aftermarket exhaust and a good filter the carb will be a good improvement over the stock one, and it will work with most mods, the larger carb is for 440 big bores only. The regular carb will work good on anything up to a 440. They make a ton of jets for it. I got mine on ebay used for $365 and I love it.