PDA

View Full Version : Whats changed your life the most?

ridehonda400ex
06-15-2011, 12:28 PM
In the last year I've gained three siblings and a niece. One sibling is a little girl my mom adopted because the mother is a crack head pill popping idiot, this girl is actually my cousin on down the line, I had never met her before till May of 2010.

Then my dad told me and my little sister and brother that we had two older siblings, one boy one girl. He had them when he was 16 and the mother was lazy and treated my dad like chit, and wouldnt help pay for anything. My dad dropped out of highschool and worked his *** off for these kids but ended up having to put them up for adoption due to he didnt want them to suffer because he couldnt support them and the mom didnt want to help. Then in late 2010 Erica found my dad, then in early 2011 my dad told me and my little siblings about Erica and Kurt. Now my older brother, Kurt, is 17. And my older sister, Erica, is 18 and she lives with us, her daughter Isabella, who is 8 months old lives with us too. The father is a dumb@ss to say the least. Kurt still lives with the adoptive parents in a town like 20 minutes away.

The weirdest thing about Kurt and Erica is that their boyfriend and girlfriend (they arent siblings but live next door) lived down the street from my grandma, my dads mom. And the detasseling company I work for, my brother Kurt has worked for during the same time I did( i still do it but he doesnt) we were on different crew busses but my crew's bus often worked with the same bus as his. So I've probably met him at one point and never knew he was my brother.

Now everything is cool and we all get along great and hang out quite often, especially Erica cause she lives with us lol. My dad talks to their adoptive parents frequently too.

Anybody ever had something this crazy happen to them?

OutlawBill
06-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Nothing like that but sounds you got one great father remember him this weekend.

ridehonda400ex
06-15-2011, 02:07 PM
I deffinetly will. I'm trying to think of something to get him for fathers day, he doesnt ride or anything, he mainly just works and sleeps and when he has free time he usually spends it with us kids by taking us riding or hauling us around or doing work around the house. What do you get a man like that? a pedicure? I know his feet could use it lol

wilkin250r
06-15-2011, 03:21 PM
You give him what EVERY man wants, a day with nothing to do. If there is yard work to be done, do it before he has to. If there's cleaning to do, make sure it's already done.

You want to give something to your father, take your MOM out shopping all day and get her out of the house.

ZeroLogic
06-15-2011, 03:48 PM
My father and the Army.

What a wonderful story you have ridehonda400ex. God Bless.

rbgnwa45
06-15-2011, 04:20 PM
[i]The weirdest thing about Kurt and Erica is that their boyfriend and girlfriend (they arent siblings but live next door) [/B]

A boyfriend & girlfriend who have the same dad? If they're your siblings than they're also siblings? What am I not getting? lol

quad2xtreme
06-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
A boyfriend & girlfriend who have the same dad? If they're your siblings than they're also siblings? What am I not getting? lol

X2...I didn't get it but figured he just typed it wrong.

ridehonda400ex
06-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45

Ericas ex-boyfriend lives down the road from Kurts girlfriend. If that makes sense. NO incest in my family!!

liex21
06-15-2011, 06:47 PM
My Dad has absolutely changed my life also. I could rant forever but plain and simply he taught me how to be a man and take control of my own life and if I want something bad enough I have to go out there and make it happen. Taught me to have integrity, honesty, and loyalty.

kt1148
06-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
You give him what EVERY man wants, a day with nothing to do. If there is yard work to be done, do it before he has to. If there's cleaning to do, make sure it's already done.

You want to give something to your father, take your MOM out shopping all day and get her out of the house. Amen!!

ridehonda400ex
06-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by liex21
My Dad has absolutely changed my life also. I could rant forever but plain and simply he taught me how to be a man and take control of my own life and if I want something bad enough I have to go out there and make it happen. Taught me to have integrity, honesty, and loyalty.

My father has taught me this also, keep in mind im 15 but he's taught me well!

CJM
06-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Awesome story ridehonda400ex! You have a very special dad.

There are quite a few things that changed my life (no particular order) sorry its so long its nice to share every once and awhile. Id imagine this list Id like someone to read when I do pass on, everyone I name is very important to me:

-Principle I had in middle school, he turned me from a bad kid into a well respected, good mannered kid in a year. I been meaning to write him a letter but it seems I never get around to it. he went above and beyond what a teacher would do and often got me out of trouble if I did the alternative he offered.

-My Mothers parents: If there ever was a story of rags to riches it would be them. They were german refugees during WWII, came all the way to the US, met and fell in love and married. They worked for every cent they have, no one helped them, I greatly respect them.

-My Fathers family: They cared so much about me and my brother b/c we are the only grandkids. They would spoil us rotten lol. Sadly grandma passed away when I was 12 and I still miss her. She taught me to always remember the little things and be respectful and of all things lol to play poker. my grandfather is still with us but sadly lost his leg in a long battle to diabetes, has slight dementia and has to live in a rest home. I try to visit him but it saddens me so much to see him like that I often cant bear to go-my dad brings him every weekend to see us tho if its nice out. My Aunt most of all I miss. She had no kids, was never married and treated my brother and I as her own. She of course spoiled us but cared so much about it was insane. She sadly passed away suddenly when in 2005, not a day goes by that I dont think of her, or my grandma.

-My parents. Although I dont always get along with them, and despite what I sometimes think about them-they are good parents. My mom and I are close and although my dad and I dont always see eye to eye, but he ALWAYS makes sure things are taken care of if need be no matter what. They have sacrificed alot for me and helped me in so many ways I lost track. I never realized till recently that compared to alot of other people my parents actually do care. I was never allowed to be out super late, they wanted to know where I was, etc, etc. I thought it was stupid at the time-but realized b/c of them I turned out the way I did and am responsible. Im glad they made me be the responsible one-my brother turned out to be a drunken idiot who partys all day and night and flunks school b/c they babied him and let him get away with murder.

-Many friends, to numerous too name. So many helped me and effected me in my life, I dont keep in contact with them all these days and a few waned away-but they will always be friends. the ones Ive kept in contact with people you can count on period.

-My old boss Kenny (and to a lesser extent his wife). He offered me a job driving a tow truck and being a mechanic. I learned ALOT from him and the guys I worked with. He taught me how to work hard, and do a good job, how to work on cars, fabricate, weld, you name it. Despite numerous screw ups, arguments, and fist fights he always kept me around even when the biz was down-laying off his own son instead of me! Too this day his whole family are very good friends and would always help me out if I needed and I help them. He treated me (as he puts it) like his red-headed step-child b*tch lol.

-As a kid I was always taught that if you can help out you should. To this day theres not much I wont help someone out with or do for them if I can. I might drop everything Im doing and go run and help lol.

There are more than that, but thats all for now. Everyone of those people shaped who I am today and man lemme tell you what a ride its been. Life still goes on of course, and I hope I can only churn out a kid who would be like me. One day perhaps.

Most important thing to remember in life: Lifes to short to waste, and its what you make of it. You want to ruin it-you and you alone are the reason why. Dont waste you lives people, go out and do or achieve something-no one is stopping you but yourself.

madskrillz2
06-15-2011, 08:24 PM
To make a long story short, basically my parents divorce. Happened when I was a senior in high school. Now a lot of people say divorce is awful for young kids but it's just as bad if not worse when you're older. IMO anyway. Basically my mom had made me and my brother completely blind to all the bad she was doing and made us think my dad was evil. Finally when the divorce happened the truth came out and showed she was the crazy one. Now I'm not one to brag about what kind of money my dad makes but just know he makes enough we should have never been in debt. My mom had maxed out all of his credit cards which was 80,000 +. Pretty much just blowing all his money on anything and everything and then when Christmas would roll around she would act like we just couldn't afford anything. THEN after the divorce she withdraws all my brothers money in the bank and uses it on God knows what. My brother had about 2k he had saved. Doesn't sound like much but he was 15 or 16 at the time. To add to that, she gets knocked up not 5 or 6 months after the divorce. So now I have absolutely no relationship with my mom and frankly I really don't care. I just realized I made a long story long but oh well haha.

Ruby Soho
06-15-2011, 09:11 PM
had cancer when i was 9.

grew up alot sooner than everyone else my age..

destey
06-16-2011, 06:36 AM
I only make $12 / hr but I saved up $36,000 eating ramen and saving every penny and lost 90% of it on one trade in the stock market.

Never gamble.

ridehonda400ex
06-16-2011, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by destey
I only make $12 / hr but I saved up $36,000 eating ramen and saving every penny and lost 90% of it on one trade in the stock market.

Never gamble.

That's depressing!! Sorry to hear:(

muddy400EX
06-16-2011, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

You want to give something to your father, take your MOM out shopping all day and get her out of the house.

that dont work with my dad,lol. if he has nothing to do, he gets really bored. and then he just finds things to gripe about,lol. hes better being occupied with something

ZeroLogic
06-16-2011, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
that dont work with my dad,lol. if he has nothing to do, he gets really bored. and then he just finds things to gripe about,lol. hes better being occupied with something

Same with my dad.:o

ridehonda400ex
06-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by muddy400EX

Thats about how mine is too! Lol. And my parents are divorced so he's free of that lol, however my parents do get along pretty good

trailrider894
06-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Well of course our fathers have changed who we are... They taught us most of our mechanical skills!! But the moment that change my life the most, was when I was doing a Police Ride A-Long for a college class I was taking, and we got a call about a suffocated little girl about the age of 4 or 5. We drove as fast as we could there, and we found the girl lying on the floor while the mom and dad were stoned and snorting crack in the back room. The 13yr old older brother called 911 because the parents didn't believe about the little girl be non-responsive. Anyway, the officer i was with immediatly began CPR to revive the young girl who was so cute, and he was sucssesful!! The parents came out when they heard our voices and the young girl crying. The father came at the officer offensively and the officer knocked the dad out cold with one good hit. The mom and dad both went to jail and the kids were both safe and healthy.. Saw the girl today at work, she still remembers me, but knows its better not to say anything.

That is life changing... Made me want to do police work even more. '

If i become a cop and work for 13yrs, while training and working hard to become a good officer, and only save 1 life, even if it only takes 30sec.'s. it was 13yrs well spent!!

Brauap
06-17-2011, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
had cancer when i was 9.

grew up alot sooner than everyone else my age..

I had cancer when I was 8! What kind did you have if you don't mind me asking? I had Wilms' Tumor.

Ruby Soho
06-18-2011, 07:33 AM
luekemia.

SRH
06-18-2011, 11:11 AM
you guys got nothing on me

in 3rd grade i had to take a leak...i was missing from an assembly , my teacher...she was 26 , blonde ex supermodel...well she went to the bathroom to find me...i turned around startled and dropped it on the floor....and she ravished me right there in the bathroom ....every since ive had trust issues with women

rollie
06-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Im suprised nobody else has mentioned this, but racing has without a doubt changed my life the most. Taught me a ton about money, the hard work to get that money, made me mechanically inclined, taught me to love motors, I've gotten to travel and meet so many people and do so many things that i wouldn't even be able to think about without racing. Also kept me out of alot of trouble going off racing instead of going to the partys on the weekends.

SRH
06-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by rollie
Im suprised nobody else has mentioned this, but racing has without a doubt changed my life the most. Taught me a ton about money, the hard work to get that money, made me mechanically inclined, taught me to love motors, I've gotten to travel and meet so many people and do so many things that i wouldn't even be able to think about without racing. Also kept me out of alot of trouble going off racing instead of going to the partys on the weekends.

thats the truth ...def teaches alot...double edged sword though

TheLane
06-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by SRH
you guys got nothing on me

in 3rd grade i had to take a leak...i was missing from an assembly , my teacher...she was 26 , blonde ex supermodel...well she went to the bathroom to find me...i turned around startled and dropped it on the floor....and she ravished me right there in the bathroom ....every since ive had trust issues with women

That was a bad thing?! Wtf is wrong with you?! lol

anyways, mine was my ex fiancee passing away, car accedent took her and her mom.