PDA

View Full Version : Ebay deal gone sour.... opinions welcome...

400exrider707
06-15-2011, 06:26 AM
Ok, just looking to see if you guys think I'm crazy or what here...

I listed this shock for sale at this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170645830675&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3Anull%3AIT

It sold on memorial weekend. The purchaser used the buy it now and paid via paypal almost immediately. I return to the office on Tuesday and notice someone won it. I make contact for shipping info and so on. I ship the shock out on 6/2/2011 which was that Thursday. I shipped it ground via USPS. You'll notice my auction says I would do priority, and that was my fault. I usually just save a generic auction I have and copy/paste things out of it. I just plain messed up there, and have since agreed to refund the buyer the cost of shipping that I paid, which was $22.61.

I email them on Friday to let them know the shock was shipped, and I scanned and forwarded a copy of the receipt showing it was shipped and it was insured up to $350. I leave for the weekend. I come in Monday for 1/2 a day, and leave for NYC for the entire week and return Friday. I get back Friday to 3 emails. First one asking for the 20 digit tracking number which was not on the receipt. Then two more frantic emails on thursday asking why I haven't responded and where the tracking number is and they are getting frustrated. Ok... I understand it's frustrating not being able to talk to someone, but I did show you the shock shipped, and I do have 85 positive feedbacks with NO negative. I email Friday and explain they have been contacting my work email, but for some reason didn't contact me in ebay... I then left my cell number and said if you needed anything to call me and explained that the shock is probalby already with them or would be by Friday. It showed up to the buyer on Friday. Late in the day Friday they send another email to my work email (I'm home for the weekend now with no access mind you...). They say the shock isn't in the condition they thought it was and want to return it to me on Monday and want me to refund them....

Whoa... what?

I have now exchanged a few emails between this kid, and now he has his mom emailing me. They have now openly admitted that the shock just isn't going to work for them, because they bought it to put it on a 250R. If you know anything about ATV suspension, you don't just go slapping shocks custom built for a single machine on to another machine. They've admitted it's simply too much work for them and they want to return it because my auction says if you're not satisfied I'll give your money back. This hardly seems like a case of satisfaction, merely them abusing my policy because they bought a part for a wrong machine, knowing full well it wasn't for that.

Here was the last email from the mom so you can see what I'm working with:

First off I want you to know your now taking to Trent's mom;
your ad says it can be return it with in 7 days if not satisfied. his quad is a 250R and he'd would have to shave the stock to "try it out", however as i'm sure you know the 450 will work on the 250 and give it extra suspension. however, shince it will have to be shaved to "try it out" my husband did a conpression test on it and it is not any better than what he currently has. he took a chance on a rebuilt to save money because it's out of his pocket and because your ad said it could be returned. he nvever say he thought it was something else, he said he feel it is not the item he need(ei "not satisiified), he knew exactly what he was buying, a rebuilt rear stock, that can be shaved down to fix a 250R, but the condition of the stock is not to his satisfication and there for it is his right to return it based on you ad. he can't justify the $350 dollars for what he already almost has. i don't understand why your treating this customer like **** if you have such a wonderful rating. he has done anything wrong, he tried to follow your ad information and your request ever step of the way. now you are going to refuse refund? he doesn't expect refund on the shipping, he was aware your ad says he has to pay for shipping and return shipping. i don't think you have the right to refuse return if your ad states it can be returned within 7 days of receiving. i feel your being very rude in your emails to my son, you have to look at the picture from our side also as far as the shipping, when it didn't arrive when you ad stated it should, we couldn't get tracking on it and then he couldn't get a response from you when it didn't arrive as expected, what did you expect us to wonder? do you know what a horrible feeling it is to be 17 and have $350 on the line? he works at a grocery store on weekends for minimun wage. i'm very proud of my son to earning things on his own, and i hope you can understand that he did his best on this purchase to follow your instructions and banked on the satification guarnteed....which i made sure your ad said when he bought it since he's using my husbands ebay account. i was planning to ship the item out today, but i'll wait for your response today. i will also have to contact ebay customer service on our right to get an idea of what steps i may need to take next.
My response:

So your son willing purchased a shock for the wrong machine? And now I’m expected to eat ebay fees because of this? Again, I meant the return of the product/money to show that this is a great shock. If he had bought this shock and used it on an 04 or 05 450R like it was made to be, he would have been very happy with it. That was my whole point. Had he put it on the correct machine, and wasn’t quite happy with it and was willing to call me, I would have gladly sent his money back or helped him dial it in. Your husband did a compression test? I’m not even going to get into this, but it’s clear neither your husband or your son are very familiar with ATV suspension set up, or they wouldn’t be trying to put a 450R shock on a 250R. Internal compression says NOTHING about the way the shock will ride. They are two completely different machines and the internal valving would be totally different. Valving and spring rate are what is important, as well as oil weight. This is even more frustrating to hear than the previous emails. I don’t get why you all think it’s ok to return something and make me eat fees when it’s not something they had ever really planned on using. I am totally looking from your side, I’ve been screwed over on ebay numerous times from people clicking the “buy it now” than I care to imagine, which is even more frustrating yet. I too have been in his position at that age making my own money to fund my own atv racing, and have paid for parts and never received them. This isn’t anywhere near that, he paid the money for the part, I shipped it to him, he decided it was too much work to adapt to the wrong atv, knowing full well it wasn’t designed for that, and now I’m expected to pay for the error of his ways. Why do you think this is OK?

The shipping… totally my fault and again I apologize for that, and have offered to repay the shipping fees and then some, back to him. In fact, I’m returning the shipping costs right now. Well I guess not… I just checked my paypal account and it’s -$365.00. Really nice people you are.

Treating him like ****? I think not. I’ve provided my personal cell phone number if he needed help setting it up, but he can’t do that since he purchased a shock not even intended for his machine. A 450R shock WON’T work on a 250R. Sure it may bolt up with some mods, but nothing else about the shock is right. It will never ride right and never work as it was designed, since the machine is totally different.

If the condition of the shock is of concern, I would gladly pay for the shock to be sent back to C&D racing to have it freshened up, which would be absurd since it was just done and hasn’t even been ridden on since. What is it he is so concerned with on a practically new shock with all new internals? Or is this just you way of abusing my satisfaction policy? Condition of the shock isn’t really a concern is it? I know what the shock looked like when I sent it out, and you all know what it looks like now, it’s pristine. Condition has nothing to do with this, you bought something you thought may work with apparently little to no research, it’s not going to work and now I’m expected to eat that. I’m all for helping fellow ATV riders/racers out, but I’m not all about being on the short end of the stick because someone didn’t do their research. I will still stand behind the quality of the shock, and if it went to C&D and they said something was wrong with it, at that point I would accept to pay you the money back and you could return it, or I could pay to have it fixed. Accepting to pay to return a shock that has NOTHING wrong with it would be completely ignorant on my part.

I am interested in making all of this right, but I don’t see how that’s even possible given the circumstances, maybe letting ebay handle it would just be best. I’ve purchased the wrong item before on ebay, but never once expected the seller to take the fall for my errors.

Sorry for the novel, I would like some input on this to see what some unbiased parties think.

I have since tried getting the shock back, and they now refuse to do anything as it's being reviewed by ebay. That's fine. They opened a case with ebay claiming they hadn't received the shock. The case for that still stands and is what Ebay is reviewing, though I have email proof they have the shock now. They just want to return it... for what reason I still don't understand.

The kids name is Trent Pfeffer, he may even be a member here, I'm just throwing out a warning to not do any business with him or his mother Lisa Pfeffer. It's just not worth the hassle.

derekhonda
06-15-2011, 06:44 AM
Yeah I dunno man, sounds like there were mistakes made on both sides. I would tell them to send it back, and you'll refund the money that you had made during the transaction (minus ebay fees and paypal fees) Sounds like you need to eat the shipping as you didn't do it as quickly as you should have. Make that case to them, its both sides giving a little. If they don't think thats fair, tell them to enjoy the shock.

400exrider707
06-15-2011, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Yeah I dunno man, sounds like there were mistakes made on both sides. I would tell them to send it back, and you'll refund the money that you had made during the transaction (minus ebay fees and paypal fees) Sounds like you need to eat the shipping as you didn't do it as quickly as you should have. Make that case to them, its both sides giving a little. If they don't think thats fair, tell them to enjoy the shock.

I messed up on shipping and admitted it right from the beginning and have been offering to return the full price of shipping (more than what they even paid). Did you read that part? Too late, they already made the case with ebay so ebay put's a "hold" on the money in paypal, so my paypal account sits at -$365. I was fine with returning shipping costs, totally my fault. Their reasoning for wanting to return the shock... beyond me. I still don't fully understand why they bought the thing and now want to return it. They must have had it in their posession for an entire day... wow.

I have offered to give them their money back AFTER the shock gets back to me. They don't want to do that, so the case is left with Ebay.

Other than the shipping error, which I've taken full responsibility for, what other mistakes do you see here on my part? I gauranteed the shock to work flawlessly or their money back. They haven't even tried the shock and want the money back. I just get this feeling like I'd send the money back and end up with no shock.

derekhonda
06-15-2011, 07:35 AM
Lack of communication on your end.

CJM
06-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Forward what they sent to you to ebay, explain your case and I bet they side with you.

Id offer to refund them minus the fees. I had a similar thing happen when someone bought a gortex rainsuit I listed as "USGI Spec". Never once did I mention it was real deal, but they thought so anyways and I just refunded them and sold it to someone else.

Refund the idiot minus the fee's explain that your being nice and its not your fault he bought shocks for a different quad

mx Eli
06-15-2011, 08:06 AM
The kid knowingly bought a shock off a 450r for a 250r and then try's to use your return policy when it doesnt fit good enough on the wrong machine?!

dont get me wrong 350 bux is alot but the mom makes it sound like the end of the earth. I'm 14 and work.

and when she refers to you as rude? I think it's a matter of them being unrealistic.

ikas
06-15-2011, 09:06 AM
They have no right to ask for a refund.
The shock absorber was not for a 250R. What I can gather from what you wrote in the ad is that it would work perfectly with a 450R not a 250r.

ZeroLogic
06-15-2011, 09:17 AM
If the buyer knowing purchased a shock for an 450r, and wants to return it because it won't fit on his 250r then it is their fault. Its like buying a square block to fit in a round hole. I would contact Ebay and explain to them what exactly happened.

fandl450r
06-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
If the buyer knowing purchased a shock for an 450r, and wants to return it because it won't fit on his 250r then it is their fault. Its like buying a square block to fit in a round hole. I would contact Ebay and explain to them what exactly happened.

I completely and totally agree.

jzexrider
06-15-2011, 10:31 AM
x3

Aarons 01 400EX
06-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Forward what they sent to you to ebay, explain your case and I bet they side with you.

Id offer to refund them minus the fees.

Refund the idiot minus the fee's explain that your being nice and its not your fault he bought shocks for a different quad

^^^^I'm with Stupid^^^^

:D @ CJM

400exrider707
06-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Lack of communication on your end.

I totally agree. The issue here is they were trying to contact me through my work email, and I wasn't at work. That isn't the email provided in my ebay account, and they could have just sent a message through ebay! Even if they could get a hold of me, I had no way of knowing where the package was at that point, or no way of letting them know when it would get there. Again, I agreed that lack of communication sucks, I know that, been through it before. However, there isn't much I can do when they're emailing an address I can NOT check all the time. When I did get a hold of them, I gave them my personal cell # to call me with any questions. Next thing I know, there's a case open against me on ebay.

The case is with ebay now. I need to figure out how to forward ebay my email chain, I have a feeling they will side with me too. I could care less about ebay fees or shipping fees, this whole thing is absurd.

I don't want the shock back either, I want my money. If they give me the shock back, they win. They should have to eat it or shelf the darn thing, they bought it, they keep it right? What happened to the days of ebay when you bought something, it didn't fit, you resold it on your own or shelved it. Not return it to the seller cause you're an idiot.

The thing that kills me the most... I really like helping fellow atv riders out. If some guy bought this shock, put it on his 450R and just wasn't happy with it, or needed help dialing it in, I'd be all over it. I get a kick out of helping people like that. But no, they went about this all wrong, and for all the wrong reasons. So lets hope Ebay actually does some justice.

Thanks to everyone else for the opinions. I know I messed up on the shipping, but I can only offer to make it right so many ways/times. I will keep everyone posted on the outcome, and until then keep an eye out for those names, and trust me, it's not worth getting into a headache over.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
06-15-2011, 01:31 PM
I agree with ZeroLogic and I believe they also should have tried to communicate through eBay. I hope eBay sides with you on this one.

ryan243
06-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Emails sent outside of eBay can not be used as evidence in an eBay dispute case. I got screwed that way once before. A person admitted to receiving an item through email but not through eBay messages, my fault for not getting delivery confirmation. I had to get the guy to say all of that through eBay to save my butt. Make sure all of you're good evidence came through eBay messages

400exrider707
06-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by ryan243
Emails sent outside of eBay can not be used as evidence in an eBay dispute case. I got screwed that way once before. A person admitted to receiving an item through email but not through eBay messages, my fault for not getting delivery confirmation. I had to get the guy to say all of that through eBay to save my butt. Make sure all of you're good evidence came through eBay messages

The idiots emailed me the tracking info... I have the tracking number to prove it was delivered now. I didn't even have that before they sent it to me. Nothing they have done so far has been what I would call... intelligent.

I see there was a spot right on the auction from my sellers "panel" to add the tracking number in, and I did so. So now Ebay will know the thing showed up on the 10th at their place. Can't wait to see how this works for them. I also counter filed against them for abusing Ebays buyer protection policy, since they're trying to return a product with no justification.

wilkin250r
06-15-2011, 03:49 PM
It sounds like you're on the right track. It's in Ebay's hands now, let them investigate it. The reason you can't get your money is because it's locked up, but that means THEY can't get it either.

If ebay has the tracking number, they'll see it was delivered, and that the buyers filed a false complaint.

It might possibly help your case, as ryan pointed out, to use ebay's mail system. Somehow get them to admit they recieved it, maybe copy and paste their email and send it back, using ebay's mail system, and ask for clarification or some other stupid nonsense.

Your ad does indeed say if you're not satisfied you can send it back, and it's possible that ebay will use that as a deciding factor. But if not (and ebay will most likely ignore that), they would need to prove the shock is defective or otherwise not as described.

chucked
06-15-2011, 06:21 PM
I like how it says he did a compression test, if you test the compression in a shock you have to have it recharged.... dumbasses

wilkin250r
06-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by chucked
I like how it says he did a compression test, if you test the compression in a shock you have to have it recharged.... dumbasses

Naw, by "compression test", he means his father put it on the floor and pushed on it a couple times, and then said "gee, it feels just like your other one..."

JForestZ34
06-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Honestly, I don't think you did anything wrong.. If they are sending emails to your work email and not trying to contact you through ebay that's mostly on them...

This is what I think happened...

I bet little johnny saw something he wanted to buy THINKING it would fit and used the family paypal account or mom's credit card, and when the package was delivered mom saw what it was and said "HELL NO!!!! YOUR SENDING THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!"

So they made up this whole story and this is their way of thinking they will get their money back...

James

CJM
06-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by JForestZ34
Honestly, I don't think you did anything wrong.. If they are sending emails to your work email and not trying to contact you through ebay that's mostly on them...

I bet little johnny saw something he wanted to buy THINKING it would fit and used the family paypal account or mom's credit card, and when the package was delivered mom saw what it was and said "HELL NO!!!! YOUR SENDING THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!"

So they made up this whole story and this is their way of thinking they will get their money back...

James

I wholeheartly agree, betcha thats what happened.

Ruby Soho
06-15-2011, 09:16 PM
I read through the mothers email quick, correct me if im wrong but she said his father tried messed with it? In that case you cant return something you've done something too...

jaspurx
06-15-2011, 11:38 PM
It depends on ebay`s definition of "satisfaction"................... sure, they are unsatisfied.
I`d be unsatisfied if I bought a buick engine to put in my dodge if it didn`t bolt right up, but who made the mistake really.

You did mess up the shipping, but they messed up ordering parts.
Id plead my case to ebay, explaining they admited to "tampereing" with the part in an unknown manner with their compression test, furthermore they knowingly bought the wrong part and call it not being a perfect fit "unsatisfied"

This is where you find out if ebvay is conservative or liberal

but don`t be suprised if ebay sides with the "customer" instead of the seller.

destey
06-16-2011, 06:50 AM
If I were that kid, I would have just put the shocks back on ebay myself. Looking at it from his end, he took a gamble and it didn't work out.

I never was able to get my money back when the part said "it will work on car X" and it did not. A knock sensor, my car had 2 wire and this was a 1. Seller said it was my fault for not calling him and giving my VIN. Tho the ad said nothing about VIN.

I try and do as little on ebay as possible. For a long time I was "Yeah go on ebay!" then I got ripped off a few times.

With Ebay, all it takes is one deal to go bad and you lose all the money ever saved.

KXRida
06-16-2011, 07:28 AM
Honestly, you're one of the few on ebay that try to make things right. I've bought items for bikes that were not anywhere close to described. Example, practically new parts and I receive them all worn out and covered in dirt. The pic they put up was when they received the part new. Not to mention you covered the shipping fees (judging by the $365 they sent you, you still ate a few bucks). There would be no way I'd accept a refund in this situation. Sounds like little trenty and his dad need to spend a few hours on here and educate themselves before botching together a quad that will leave them stranded on the track.

Also I wouldn't accept for the sheer fact that it sounds like it could be tamped with now. God only knows what kind of "compression test" was done on your shocks. I can see it now... "Hey boy hold my beer while I put this shock in the press til it don't squeeze no more."

400exrider707
06-16-2011, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
It sounds like you're on the right track. It's in Ebay's hands now, let them investigate it. The reason you can't get your money is because it's locked up, but that means THEY can't get it either.

If ebay has the tracking number, they'll see it was delivered, and that the buyers filed a false complaint.

It might possibly help your case, as ryan pointed out, to use ebay's mail system. Somehow get them to admit they recieved it, maybe copy and paste their email and send it back, using ebay's mail system, and ask for clarification or some other stupid nonsense.

Your ad does indeed say if you're not satisfied you can send it back, and it's possible that ebay will use that as a deciding factor. But if not (and ebay will most likely ignore that), they would need to prove the shock is defective or otherwise not as described.

Shouldn't need to get them to admit they recieved it, the tracking number I sent shows it was delivered, I would think that would be good enough, but who knows. My ad definitely says if you're not satisfied I would take it back, it goes in detail in the item description and says "I guarantee this shock to work flawlessly or your money back"... except they can't use it to make sure it is working correctly.

I even went as far as to offer to have them send it to C&D for inspection there for any defects, and I would pay for it to be fixed, or would refund them the full price IF something was indeed wrong with the shock. The fact is, there is NOTHING wrong with this shock. It literally was shipped to me from C&D with a fresh seal and fluids, and has sat on my bench since.

James

I think you're exactly right. This kid is 17 supposedly. The ebay account they purchased through is his "fathers" account as well. Hope daddy likes negative feedback.

Originally posted by destey
If I were that kid, I would have just put the shocks back on ebay myself. Looking at it from his end, he took a gamble and it didn't work out.

I never was able to get my money back when the part said "it will work on car X" and it did not. A knock sensor, my car had 2 wire and this was a 1. Seller said it was my fault for not calling him and giving my VIN. Tho the ad said nothing about VIN.

I try and do as little on ebay as possible. For a long time I was "Yeah go on ebay!" then I got ripped off a few times.

With Ebay, all it takes is one deal to go bad and you lose all the money ever saved.

Thank you! I've done that quite a few times, bought a part that wasn't right, it either goes back on ebay or goes on the shelf, I don't whine to the seller that I'm an idiot and need my money back.

Why doesn't this site have mult-quote yet? :p

KXRida
06-16-2011, 07:35 AM
I agree, if it's a sh*t part I just try to fleabay it or shelf it. I got burnt on a pair of tech 8's once. All the pics showed them in absolutely great condition. I received them still mud covered, soles shredded, 2 buckles broken, and no inner booties. Needless to say since his auction was stated "sold as is" ebay didn't really pursue anything and thankfully I didn't pay alot for them.

250rAL
06-16-2011, 07:58 AM
Here is the lesson to be learned: no matter how nice or honest a person you are, don't gaurantee anything. Just tell the facts about the item and leave it at that.

400exrider707
06-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by 250rAL
Here is the lesson to be learned: no matter how nice or honest a person you are, don't gaurantee anything. Just tell the facts about the item and leave it at that.

I think I just found the one bad apple this time. Of all the transactions I've done on here and ebay with fellow ATV riders, I can count on one hand the bad transactions I've had. All of the other deals I've done have allowed me to meet some cool people, gain some new friends and help others out in the sport. I would probably do it the exact same way again if I had to. I have been burned as a buyer a couple times, but this is the first time I'm getting burned as a seller... wasn't sure that was possible. Even if I end up with the shock again, and try reselling it, I will probably change the wording a little, but I will still guarantee the shocks functionality, I take pride in knowing my stuff is in top notch shape and want to stand behind that. Apparently some people are willing to abuse even that. I guess we will see what happens, but right now I don't think they have a very good case.

Also, good point about the "compression test" I'm sure they did NOTHING, but maybe I can use that against them anyways, they admitted they did a compression test...

JForestZ34
06-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Even if you did make a mistake on the shipping you OFFERED to refund the shipping cost.. That's make's you 1 up in my book..

You could have been like another fly bag dip $%$@ seller, and say too bad...

I sold something on ebay ONCE..... Shipped to Maylashia, and the buyer said I never shipped it but yet I had a delivery receipt signed when it was delivered.. Took ebay a little while to do their investigation but I was lucky and they sided with me.. Got my money and will never sell anything on ebay again...

James

Tommy Warren
06-16-2011, 11:46 AM
my only argument is that in the ebay listing you said you had 5 races/3 hours on the shock after rebuild and in the email you told her you had 0 hours/races on it...that might come back to bite you

400exrider707
06-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
my only argument is that in the ebay listing you said you had 5 races/3 hours on the shock after rebuild and in the email you told her you had 0 hours/races on it...that might come back to bite you

When I initially sent it to C&D to get the rebuild done, I put maybe 3 hours on it. At that point it had a fresh rebuild, and the new spring. Then I parted the quad out and it sat on the shelf so long that when I put it on a buddies quad the seal had failed from lack of use. (the seal needs the oil on it to work, otherwise it dry rots and just lets fluid leak). I sent it back to C&D again for new fluids and a new seal, then got it back and just re-sold it. So it may sound confusing, but really the fluids and seal are brand new and un-used.

If the new buyer had any issue with a seal failing or anything like that when they bought it, I would gladly pay for C&D to fix it for them too. I offered that to the buyer when they told me they were "dissatisfied". I told them to send it to C&D and I would have them go through it again to make sure nothing is wrong. They just want to give it back to me no questions asked.

fast426
06-16-2011, 05:49 PM
It seems that they took your return policy like it was Walmart or Auto Zone, where they could just Buy it and if it didn't work they could send it back. Which obviously isn't how it works.

I agree with you, if there was something functionally wrong with it I would refund the money, otherwise... forget it!

mjc597
06-16-2011, 05:59 PM
he should of done a little more research and checked to see if it would have fit his 250r...

destey
06-17-2011, 06:05 AM
Something like this happened to me back in 1998. Sold this kid a paintball gun sight. In the listing I said no returns accepted. He bought it, then said it wasn't what he wanted (there were pics!) and wanted to return it. I said "No, sorry ad says all says final." Then he hit me with negative feedback

"NO GOOD DONOT DO BUSSINESS (sic) WITH"

My only negative feedback. Here's some tips:

1. Only use ebay as a last resort. Search google shopping for part number and descriptions first.

2. Add disclaimers to listing- "as is" "all sales final" etc. You can get a good of what is necessary by looking at a few other people listings.

3. Always get delivery confirmation if USPS. Save all paperwork for several months after (people can come out of nowhere weeks or months later to start trouble)

4. Don't go by fitment charts on listings, I've been burned by this.

5. Read the fine print- a buddy of mine bought a HD tv off ebay, for $300, but only the box arrived. Later he found the listing said "box only"

6. Send all correspondence through ebay's message system.

7. Have low expectations. Items often arrive late, poorly packaged, dirty, worse shape than described, damaged in places not shown by camera, etc

8. Ask questions, request (more) pics.

9. Not really a tip but- Getting ripped off once on ebay can eliminate everything you've ever saved by shopping on ebay. Be careful!!!

400exrider707
06-17-2011, 07:14 AM
So the buyer has now closed the initial case of the item not showing up, but only did so after I input the tracking number... strange. They have opened a new case, which states the item isn't as described in the listing, which couldn't be further from the truth. Here is what they wrote to ebay:

Problem: This item doesn't match the description in your listing.

"Sellers ad state we can return for money back it not satisfied, but now he's saying he won't refund our money. We recieved it on 6/10 and did a compression test and the item was not to our satifaction, but he's saying we haven't tried it yet and we should have called him for help with set up. We bought this 450 shock knowing full well what it was, and want to use it on a 250, and it can be done but we will have to shave off part of the shock. We bought it because it said money back it not satified, know we could test the compression. Remember it is a rebuild, so of course we are going to test it to see if we will be satified with it. Now the seller is telling us why should he take it back and eat all the fees, which I don't understand because his ad clearly states we are responsible for ship charges and return shipping charges. Now I don' know if I should return it within the 7 days his ad says because he's refusing to refund our money. I have lengthly email conversion between us if you'd like that infomration. I have responded to all his emails within 24hrs, and tried my best to stay in touch with each step. He was on vacation when we bought the item 5/31 and understand when it took until 6/2 to ship. Then he didn't send the tracking#s like he said he would, and his ad said it would arrive within 2-3 days, so on 6/6 I tried to contact him agin to get the tracking#s. When we got no responses by 6/8 I told him if we didn't hear from him or receive the shock by 6/9 I was going to file a claim with ebay. it wasn't until I filed the claim that the seller then finally responded that the item shipped and has no control over how fast, but still no tracking#s. The shock arrived 6/10, and on it was the 20 digit tracking#, and when I punched it into the USPS tracking sight all the tracking information we were looking for was there. I have never had an experience like this before with an ebay seller, and feel this guy is trying to take advantage of us. "

They seriously said I'm trying to take advantage of them? Really? Wow.

My response:

"I agree I messed up on shipping. My ad states I would ship priority and I didn't. That was my fault, however I have offered a return for the cost of shipping numerous times. In fact I offered more in return than what they even paid to have it shipped. I will still refund the shipping if this is settled. The buyer has purchased an item that doesn't fit their application due to a lack of research. My ad clearly states: "I guarantee this shock to work flawlessly or your money back." The shock DOES work flawlessly, and I have offered to pay to have the shock looked over by a 3rd party, the professionals who built the shock in the first place. C&D racing. They don't want to do that, they want to return it because it doesn't fit like they thought it would. That is not my fault. If the buyer indeed has done a "compression test" on the shock, that would mean the shock needs to be recharged, as they would have had to open it up to actually test this. If the shock is sent back to me now, I want it to go back to C&D Racing to be checked over as they have now "opened" it up. You can not test compression of a shock without having to recharge it. The fact is they bought a product to "try out" on an unknown application. The product I sold is 100% functional and in excellent condidion. They are trying to abuse ebay policy and my policy for returns. If there was a genuine problem with the shock, I would pay to get it fixed or return their money. There is NO problem with it, they bought it knowing full well what the shock fit. Facts: Shock is 100% functional and in excellent condition I have offered to have it looked at by a professional at my expense to ensure it's quality. I have offered to return their money and accept the shock back IF it was indeed defective, and C&D racing looked it over. I messed up on shipping, and have offered to refund shipping + extra to make up for this. "

This whole thing is just one big headache, but I'm sticking to my guns. It's not even about the money or the shock at this point, just about the principal of the whole thing.

ZeroLogic
06-17-2011, 09:43 AM
I'd like to know what their "compression test" consists of? I can see them with a vice...:chinese:

400exrider707
06-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
I'd like to know what their "compression test" consists of? I can see them with a vice...:chinese:

Exactly. I think I may call C&D and see what they think of that. Or how a standard "compression" test is done... which tells you absolutely nothing anyways.

destey
06-17-2011, 11:47 AM
you could show ebay or the kid this thread...

A seller was adamant that a car part was a correct fit for my car. I posted the pics to a subaru forum and several people chimed in and said they don't even go on any subaru and the guy instantly gave me a refund. Complete 180.

JForestZ34
06-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707 . We bought this 450 shock knowing full well what it was, and want to use it on a 250, and it can be done but we will have to shave off part of the shock.

Just read this and if I was a rep that looks into these things from ebay all I would have to do is read this and my mind is made up....

James

skyeryder
06-17-2011, 03:28 PM
This same kinda deal has happened to me twice now hear lately, it seems parents are letting kids bid and sell items on Ebay more now. Mine was for some RC truck stuff. Same thing parents saying I owed them when their kid bid and won the stuff, one was 14 and one 12. Good luck man, I didn't read all the post but if you did refund them Ebay will take back their charges if you relist it.

CJM
06-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Heres what I would do just to make them shut up and go away and give oyu the last laugh:

"Your son bought them knowing full well that they wouldnt fit his atv without modification. A compression test needs special equipment, at a suspension/repair shop-it cannot be done at home. If you can certify with paperwork that a suspension/repair shop checked them and found them faulty then we will take it from there.

But I understand people make mistakes, but when I offer a money back guarantee it doesnt mean you should return it because you bought a part for a custom application and it doesnt fit or isnt to your liking. Its not for a 250, its for a 450 and that was plainly stated in the auction.

[b]Due to the nature of this problem I can further pursue this thru ebay. Or I can refund your money LESS the shipping and sellers fees. The item must be in UNUSED condition, any scratch, dent or ding and Im keeping your money-I sold it to you in perfect shape and thats what I expect to get back. Again, it is not my fault it doesnt fit-it was bought knowingly for the wrong atv. I suggest next time you be 100% certain the item is what you want before purchase, not everyone offers refunds"

There, tweak it to how you like it but the bottom line is let the idiot return it to you. Then negative feedback them.

SRH
06-18-2011, 11:00 AM
i always have a no return policy, if i am in the wrong i will always refund pending the return in my hand and will only deal message wise through ebay , usps also has free delivery confirmation

what i also do is i have a run down of my policy in the description stating buyer always pays return shipping...also leave a invoice and note stating this.... if the buyer is being a prick and i did nothing the cost and hassle of return shipping usually makes them think about it and they change there mind and leave me positive

ive only had 2 iffy problems on ebay

1 was a guy purchased a brand new bearing carrier with no bearings....i didnt state it had no bearings but it said axle carrier housing and there was clear pictures of the carrier without bearings...sold it for 35 bucks guy calls me screaming that i tried to screw him im like ok send it back ill refund you and the shipping cost...gets back to me later saying his buddy will buy it and leaves me positive feedback

other one was a crankshaft assembly for a quad racer...i stated it came out of a running engine...had no up and down play...guy complains its got too much play side to side....returns it and i refund him completely...all the hassle for me and he didnt leave me feedback when in my opinion it was his error as i state i do not measure tolerances and its up to the buyer to take the chance

in my opinion ebay puts too much on the seller these days

DnB_racing
06-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by SRH

in my opinion ebay puts too much on the seller these days I agree for HONEST sellers, but unfortunately not all sellers are completely honest, and hide small flaws, or just hide issues, and if some buyers actually were able to have the part in hand probably wouldn't buy it, its up to the seller to offer 100% disclosure, and if not expect the consequences and full returns and shipping payment,

I wont buy from any seller that wont except returns and pay for all return shipping, Ive learned this the hard way, I bought a atv lift that was "new in box" half the part were missing, the shipping cost was going to be more then just getting brand new from sears, and seller knew this, he did offer to replace but I would be responsible for shipping on a supposedly new even tho the box was clearly already opened, it wasn't my fault he sent junk why should I have to pay an extra penny, not to mention how slow shipping can be ...

if your selling on ebay try to think if the buyer would still buy the part if the deal was in person

there are too many shady seller's,and the buyer is relying on the honesty of them

CJM
06-18-2011, 03:05 PM
I also sell alot of stuff on ebay, generally dont offer refunds but sometimes that means the item wont sell.

When I do offer anything I state it plainly how its gonna work, what the item is and such b/c ive never been burned but you just never know. Stating the exact condition the items in as well with detailed pictures and such always helps too.

In the OP's case its all BS, the idiot bought the item-cant use it for whatever reason and expects him to make good and go above and beyond.

bens250ex
06-19-2011, 04:02 PM
i just about will not use ebay anymore to sell an iteam, people try to scam you out of your money and ebay's fees are crazy high

400exrider707
06-20-2011, 10:52 AM
The picture of the shock looks just like it did sitting on my bench. This shock started life as a new take-off from here. I sent it to C&D and had the full works done to it, at the same time the fronts went in for all new springs/revalves, high flow pistons, the works. The rear shock was on my quad for 2 seasons of MX, both of which I BARELY rode the thing. It always had a shock cover on it for every single race, and the cover came off when it was time to clean the quad. As soon as it dried, cover went right back on. The cover had not even worn any paint on the spring yet like they usually do. This shock was as new and fresh as it got. When I parted my quad out, the shock was shelved and sat for over a year on the shelf. My buddy was building an all out MX build 04 450R at the time, so we threw it on that. It never left the garage because all of the shock oil leaked out. The seal had failed. It literally failed from lack of use, it just dry rotted. I sent it back to C&D again, got all new fluids, new seal... and sold it. My pictures on ebay don't even do it justice how new it looks. I would have 0 problem selling it face to face with a person, if they truly wanted it. This idiot is just wasting my time and abusing me so he can see what he needs to do to make one fit on his 250R. Apparently it was too much trouble for him.

Of all the times I've been a seller on ebay, I've been screwed over more times than I've had good deals. It sucks because it's a huge market on there. I tried selling this shock for sometime for $265 shipped on here, no bites. Put it on there and $350 buy it now is used...

look where it got me though I guess... not worth the headache. Would have rather sold it for $265 here if someone would have bought it. I put more than $350 into it getting it worked and set up the way I wanted, not including the cost of the shock.

FWIW, Bill, the buyer has agreed to pay return shipping to send it back to me, I just don't want it back. I want the money.

Still awaiting ebay's decision here...

DnB_racing
06-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
the buyer has agreed to pay return shipping to send it back to me, I just don't want it back. I want the money.

Still awaiting ebay's decision here... I think you should just let him return it!!! no harm no foul, Ebay is going to side with the seller anyways, you should just let him return and it would be over,
yes he was an idiot trying to fit on something it wasn't intended, but you made mistakes also,
its not worth the time involved to fight a loosing battle,get your money back and resell the shock...

It sounds like you found someone who payed full price and youre afraid you're going to loose a few bucks if you have to try to resell..

its not like he is trying to keep the shock and money,
let him return it its not that big of a deal, sounds like your being more unreasonable then him

buck440
06-20-2011, 12:30 PM
i think you should return it without other peoples opinions. i've been where that kids at and it's not a good feeling. you said they can return it if not satisfied, who cares what their reason is. the shock is in the same condition and they'll pay shipping and they are not satisfied. what your problem?

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
06-20-2011, 01:39 PM
I think you should ride it out through eBay. I personally don't think you should give them a refund. It's their own fault for being dumb.

400exrider707
06-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
I think you should just let him return it!!! no harm no foul, Ebay is going to side with the seller anyways, you should just let him return and it would be over,
yes he was an idiot trying to fit on something it wasn't intended, but you made mistakes also,
its not worth the time involved to fight a loosing battle,get your money back and resell the shock...

It sounds like you found someone who payed full price and youre afraid you're going to loose a few bucks if you have to try to resell..

its not like he is trying to keep the shock and money,
let him return it its not that big of a deal, sounds like your being more unreasonable then him

They wasted my time and my money. I'm going to get charged ebay fees, and I'd be out shipping. If they had a legitmate reason to return it like a defect or whatever, I would. In fact, I broke down and told them I would return the money in exchange for the shock back. They declined and decided to let ebay handle it. What does that tell you? You're right, I might lose a few bucks too. Why should I? Because they are idiots? Not something that was my fault or would have been my fault like a faulty shock, no, they just wanted to try parts on my time/money.

Originally posted by buck440
i think you should return it without other peoples opinions. i've been where that kids at and it's not a good feeling. you said they can return it if not satisfied, who cares what their reason is. the shock is in the same condition and they'll pay shipping and they are not satisfied. what your problem?

They originally did offer to pay return shipping and send it back, but once I agreed, they declined and decided ebay should handle it. I agree at this point, I'll let ebay decide. If you've been where this kid is at, than you're a fool too. These people admitted they did a compression test, which means the shock has been opened up. Would you take that back? Sure, they probably really didn't do anything, but they did say they did it...

Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
I think you should ride it out through eBay. I personally don't think you should give them a refund. It's their own fault for being dumb.

Agreed, it's in ebay's hands. We shall see.

brian76708
06-20-2011, 08:33 PM
been following this hoping to see a update from ebay. If what you say is true which i believe so, I hope ebay wont allow them to return it and you get your money. I think you have given them the chance for a return and you have been more then fair.

JForestZ34
06-20-2011, 08:56 PM

What is his problem? He has every right to be upset. Would you take a quad back after someone bought it and tried it out and said he didn't like the way it rode or didn't have enough power? Of course you wouldn't. I bet you would say tough luck when you have cash in hand. This is no different. This buyer bought something KNOWING it would not fit his application, now because he messed up the seller should be screwed?

If you think the buyer is in the right I have the Brooklyn bridge I'd like to sell you.

Doesn't matter if you been in his shoes. Do your research and the buyer doesn't get screwed. Looks like you didn't do your homework and bought the wrong part.

Being satisfied with a product is a totally different thing than ordering the wrong one.

Go special order a electric part at a dealership. Guess what, they don't care if it's the wrong one. If you tell them that's what you want that's all on you. That's why they make you pay for it up front.

Sorry I'm with the seller on this.

James

buck440
06-21-2011, 07:12 AM
What is his problem? He has every right to be upset. Would you take a quad back after someone bought it and tried it out and said he didn't like the way it rode or didn't have enough power?
James

if i said he could return it if they weren't satisfied then i would take it and refund them.

they say a persons word is all they got if they have nothing else. it's sad when some people don't even have that.

JForestZ34
06-21-2011, 07:19 AM
if i said he could return it if they weren't satisfied then i would take it and refund them.

they say a persons word is all they got if they have nothing else. it's sad when some people don't even have that.

Being dissatisfied with a part because its for the wrong application is TOTALLY different than if it was for his application and it didn't perform well. He KNOWINGLY purchased the wrong shock. HE KNEW IT WOULDN'T FIT. Not the sellers problem.

The buyer is trying to twist his words on ebay around and trying to screw the seller.

James

fandl450r
06-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Being dissatisfied with a part because its for the wrong application is TOTALLY different than if it was for his application and it didn't perform well. He KNOWINGLY purchased the wrong shock. HE KNEW IT WOULDN'T FIT. Not the sellers problem.

The buyer is trying to twist his words on ebay around and trying to screw the seller.

James

This ^^

Buck440 diaf.

buck440
06-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by fandl450r
This ^^

Buck440 diaf.

no need to abbreviate (die in a fire) man up and say it. this has absolutely nothing to do with you and you post that? try to keep your insults to pm's so no threads get locked. we were doing just fine until you posted that.

fastredrider44
06-21-2011, 10:54 AM

x3

Ruby Soho
06-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Most of the time on ebay i sell the item AS IS, as you see it, i describe it well enough and don't hide anything. no returns, i dont want to deal with the hassle, your situation is a perfect example. you get what you see it is what it is no returns end of story.

DnB_racing
06-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
Most of the time on ebay i sell the item AS IS, as you see it, i describe it well enough and don't hide anything. no returns, i dont want to deal with the hassle, your situation is a perfect example. you get what you see it is what it is no returns end of story. the problem is there are a lot of dishonest sellers that dont disclose all issues,
and because of this ebay sides with the buyer most of the time,

and is probably going to this time also ...

I think your wasting your time,
I would be surprised if you win

both of you had certain issues if your initial communicatin was better then you might have a chance,
Im sorry to say but I believe your going to loose

400exrider707
06-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Still nothing from ebay guys.

I'm not wasting any time, I have NO other options now than to wait and see what ebay does. The seller doesn't want to return now without a ruling from ebay, and I agree, I'm going to let ebay sort it out. This is day 5 since the case has been opened with ebay, we were supposed to know in 72 hours.

Try and keep this civil guys, that's all I ask. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and frankly, I asked for them in the first place. I've said my case, showed you guys my emails, either you believe me or you don't. Even if you do, you may still side with the buyer, that's ok, I just wanted some unbiased opinions. Between the couple forums I asked this on, I'd say 90%+ of the people agreed with me. The other forum isn't even atv related.

TheLane
06-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Lol diaf??? Never heard that, that's awesome. You guys are both dumb.

Tommy Warren
06-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
Lol diaf??? Never heard that, that's awesome. You guys are both dumb.

you should diaf for talking like that lane...by the way i'm tough:macho :rolleyes:

TheLane
06-22-2011, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
you should diaf for talking like that lane...by the way i'm tough:macho :rolleyes:

damnit tommy! you and your huge guns stop me in my tracks again....:devil:

destey
06-22-2011, 05:41 AM
thread... derailing...

:cool:

Fear250r
06-22-2011, 06:18 AM
Just wanted to say I'm with the seller on this one. As a 250r owner, we all know that the 450 rear shock does not work on the 250. He could have easily found that out on a forum. Instead he bought to give it a whirl and when things didn't pan out in his favor, they decide it's your fault?? That's just ridiculous.

And DnB_Racing, you're sounding like the typical mass ultra lib....hahaha

DnB_racing
06-22-2011, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Fear250r

And DnB_Racing, you're sounding like the typical mass ultra lib....hahaha LOL!!! that's a good one!!especially from you, R.I. is the most liberal state, even above Vermont..lol

for those not from our area here is a definition of what us New Englanders call a liberal....lol

A liberal (also leftist) is someone who rejects logical and biblical standards, often for self-centered reasons. There are no coherent liberal standards; often a liberal is merely someone who craves attention, and who uses many words to say nothing

But actually im just someone who got riped off by a dishonest seller,and dont trust anyone!!

400exrider707
06-22-2011, 11:08 AM
LOL!!! that's a good one!!especially from you, R.I. is the most liberal state, even above Vermont..lol

for those not from our area here is a definition of what us New Englanders call a liberal....lol

A liberal (also leftist) is someone who rejects logical and biblical standards, often for self-centered reasons. There are no coherent liberal standards; often a liberal is merely someone who craves attention, and who uses many words to say nothing

But actually im just someone who got riped off by a dishonest seller,and dont trust anyone!!

I have been ripped off a couple of times right here on this very board. I certainly am not holding it against other futer buyer's/sellers though. I am just completely dumbfounded by what is happening here. Never had a buyer get a product and then immediately want to return it with no valid excuse. It really makes me wonder...

Guys, seriously... please do not bash each other. It does none of us any good. I asked for opinions, and got them. That's fine. Let's just leave it at that. I will post results when I hear from ebay... who is now 2x past what they told me for a deadline. Also interesting.

DnB_racing
06-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Guys, seriously... please do not bash each other. It does none of us any good. I asked for opinions, and got them. That's fine. Let's just leave it at that. I will post results when I hear from ebay... who is now 2x past what they told me for a deadline. Also interesting. if your saying me and Fear are bashing each other, believe me its all in good fun!!there is not any harsh remarks, Being called a Mass liberal was really funny,I liked it, it was a good one for sure I give him credit !!
I guess you'd have to live around here to understand it, the libs around here are tree hugger, spotted salamander activist, protectors of Indian burial grounds, birkenstock wearing do gooders..

it was funny

all in good fun!!! I do wish you luck... but usually ebay sides with the buyer, to protect against scammers like the one who screwed over Ibrown1.. did you read his post??he lost 3000 to trikebuilder, if you haven't read his thread yet give it a look. its sickening, check out what happened to this poor guy!!from what Ive been learning the same seller has done this several times under a different name http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=469042

buck440
06-22-2011, 02:47 PM
8===========D~~~ O-:

Fear250r
06-22-2011, 02:58 PM
if your saying me and Fear are bashing each other, believe me its all in good fun!!there is not any harsh remarks, Being called a Mass liberal was really funny,I liked it, it was a good one for sure I give him credit !!
I guess you'd have to live around here to understand it, the libs around here are tree hugger, spotted salamander activist, protectors of Indian burial grounds, birkenstock wearing do gooders..

it was funny

all in good fun!!! I do wish you luck... but usually ebay sides with the buyer, to protect against scammers like the one who screwed over Ibrown1.. did you read his post??he lost 3000 to trikebuilder, if you haven't read his thread yet give it a look. its sickening, check out what happened to this poor guy!!from what Ive been learning the same seller has done this several times under a different name http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=469042

Exactly!! I was just bustin' balls. We clearly both realize what most New Englandah's are like...either way, I hope this goes in your favor. As I said earlier, a quick search on the forums and he would have seen that 450r REAR shocks do NOT work on our 250r's!

JForestZ34
06-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Any update on your status.. If you don't hear anything to I would def call ebay and talk with someone and found out why it's taking so long...

If they said 3 days, then make it 3 days... Give them a call..

James

400exrider707
06-24-2011, 06:35 AM
Still nothing from Ebay, this is absurd. They say somewhere on the site they will do their best to get a result in 72 hours, but nothing is guaranteed. So, still waiting...

400exrider707
06-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Ebay decided in my favor!!!

Justice is served!

:cool:

JForestZ34
06-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Nice. So glad it worked out for you.

James

250x_kyle
06-26-2011, 09:03 PM
little johnny has a lot of yard work to do now hahaha

woodsracer144
06-26-2011, 09:37 PM
AMEN! Glad to hear that!

Originally posted by 250x_kyle
little johnny has a lot of yard work to do now hahaha

HAHA thats pretty funny! haha

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
06-27-2011, 12:02 AM
YEAH! I'm also glad they sided with you. :p

CJM
06-27-2011, 08:00 AM
EXCELLENT!

Guess the kids gonna be working his arse off all summer now!

destey
06-27-2011, 08:16 AM
Nice! So what does that mean, everything stands as is, they keep the shock and you keep the money? Bet you'll see it listed on ebay soon.

You even gave them a chance to return it, bet their kicking themselves for not taking you up on it.

400exrider707
06-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by destey
Nice! So what does that mean, everything stands as is, they keep the shock and you keep the money? Bet you'll see it listed on ebay soon.

You even gave them a chance to return it, bet their kicking themselves for not taking you up on it.

Correct, the message from ebay said "YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING ELSE".... I can handle that!

They got what they deserved, I knew all along I was in the right, but I wasn't sure how protective Ebay would be of the "buyer"... but it looks like they actually made a fair decision.

I will send them the $15 they paid extra for shipping that I told them I would cover though. So in that regard, I will refund them the $15. But not the $22 I offered before. F them.

400exrider707
07-03-2011, 03:25 PM
UPDATE!!!

I'm at a complete loss here... I logged on to refund them the shipping and happened to check my email first. Thank god I did. I have a message from the buyer through ebay that shows return shipping information. They actually shipped the shock back to me. Ebay has already ruled in my favor, and I do NOT owe them a refund. What the heck are they trying to do here, I am NOT accepting this package back, and if I have to pay to re-ship it back to them, I am NOT refunding them the shipping money from before. What is wrong with people? What did they think was going to happen here?

LTandRaptorider
07-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Knowing they lost on the ebay ruling, they are playing games. Probably hoping if they send the shock to you without saying anything, once you get it you would just say f it and refund them. Best thing to have done was not accept the package, if that was possible. Since you did, send it back to them, and do not refund them the $15. Tell them that in a nice, short note, adding at the end to NOT return the shock again. Send them a copy of the email from ebay decision. No more needs done from you at that point, I would ignore any and all communication from them. Ebay settled the issue, they are trying to continue it since they lost. Don't let them, end of story. Good luck!

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
07-03-2011, 06:05 PM
If it was shipped UPS just refuse delivery. If the UPS man drops it on your door call your local UPS HUB (not ups store) and tell them you do not want the package and would like it returned to the sender. They should not charge you for returned shipping.

250rAL
07-04-2011, 08:17 AM
These people aren't the sharpest. What's their problem with just putting it back on eBay and getting what they can back out of it? They might even make money on it.

flyboy1294
07-04-2011, 08:27 AM
Sounds to me like you have a free shock and some cash for your troubles. :p

ZeroLogic
07-04-2011, 08:54 AM
I never received a shock? It must of got lost in the mail!

CJM
07-04-2011, 09:07 AM
jesus.

Guess they werent happy with the ruling in your favor and are still trying to get the cash back. Refuse it or take it and say you never got it and resell it.

ryan243
07-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Did they insure it or get delivery confirmation on it? If not, keep it

300ex_#387
07-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Don't keep it. Just refuse delivery. Keeping it would just make the situation worse. Refuse the package and nip it in the bud.

TheLane
07-05-2011, 01:12 AM
keep it, sent a return package with a picture of your package....if you know what i mean :devil:

400exrider707
07-05-2011, 07:03 AM
You guys are not going to believe this... I'm literally at a loss for words here...

I emailed the buyer right away and said "What is going on? I won the case, why are you returning the item, I'm not accepting it".

They respond right back with a copy of a message directly from ebay stating they were getting a refund, since they had appealed the case, after I won. So I won the case, they appeal, ebay decides in their favor for the appeal, and issues them a refund for the shock.

I immediately check my paypal account. Sure enough a $365 refund has been issued, but my account is still at $0. A message at the bottom says ebay issued a refund on your behalf, but since there were not enough funds in the account, ebay covered the cost for you. With a link to reimburse ebay.

I immediately called ebay up. I got someone on the phone pretty quick. (surprisingly, and he spoke english!) The guy said I won the original case, then buyer appealed it, and ebay refunded them on my behalf. So it sounds like I keep my money, ebay pays the buyer, and the shock is on it's way back to me!? WTF. I asked the spokesperson from ebay what to do with the shock. His answer was that ebay technically paid for the shock, but since they don't have any sort of warehouse or anything, they have no way of doing anythign with it, so I am free to do with it whatever I want, he said I can keep it or do whatever or possibly donate it to charity... Are you kidding me? Did ebay really just cover the cost of this buyers mess up? Wow.

So I have my money still, the buyer was reimbursed from ebay, and the shock is on it's way back to me. So I guess I get the shock back and the money... I can not believe ebay did that. I'm blown away.

Fear250r
07-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Doesn't even make sense!!

What's even more ridiculous is that the buyer appealed again and got money for their own screw up!!

400exrider707
07-05-2011, 07:23 AM
I wonder if I should bug the buyer about having the shock looked over at C&D racing now, since they claimed to have tested the compression.... or maybe I should just let it die now that I've got the money and the shock coming back... haha

DnB_racing
07-05-2011, 07:35 AM
A message at the bottom says ebay issued a refund on your behalf, but since there were not enough funds in the account, ebay covered the cost for you. With a link to reimburse ebay.

I think this answers your question, next time you use ebay they will charge it from your account... unless you want a creditor chasing you and have this on your credit record,

I hate to say I told you so ...lol

but now you have to worry about your credit, it would have been better to just allow the return from the start, ebay will usually protect the buyer

400exrider707
07-05-2011, 09:58 AM
I think this answers your question, next time you use ebay they will charge it from your account... unless you want a creditor chasing you and have this on your credit record,

I hate to say I told you so ...lol

but now you have to worry about your credit, it would have been better to just allow the return from the start, ebay will usually protect the buyer

Funny you say that. Just got an invoice from ebay for the month and the charge is $0, so no, ebay isn't looking for the money. I've used ebay since and nothing has happened. I've also used paypal to pay my rent and other things, and there is money sitting in the account attached to my paypal account, if they wanted the money they could have taken it already. I honestly think I'm in the clear here... if not, I still get the shock back at this point, so as long as the "buyer" is out of this equation I'd say I'm satisfied at this point.

kbnorth99
07-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Well it certainly sounds like you are in the clear. Perhaps Ebay just determined that even though the buyer was in the wrong it was work paying them off to keep the customer happy. They knew they couldn't take the money from you without ticking you off so they just covered it. That way they look like the good guy to both parties and everyone wants to do business with Ebay because they stand by their customers.

As far as contacting the buyer about having the shock looked at... You have a free shock. Let that one go. You got your money. The only thing that is compelling you to contact them now is your pride. That will never work out well. Just be happy you got what you deserve and let them go on being blissfully ignorant.

400exrider707
07-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by kbnorth99
Well it certainly sounds like you are in the clear. Perhaps Ebay just determined that even though the buyer was in the wrong it was work paying them off to keep the customer happy. They knew they couldn't take the money from you without ticking you off so they just covered it. That way they look like the good guy to both parties and everyone wants to do business with Ebay because they stand by their customers.

As far as contacting the buyer about having the shock looked at... You have a free shock. Let that one go. You got your money. The only thing that is compelling you to contact them now is your pride. That will never work out well. Just be happy you got what you deserve and let them go on being blissfully ignorant.

You're absolutely right. I guess I should just let it be. I think you're right, ebay must have a set amount they are willing to pay out to keep users happy in situations like this. I was talking this over with my girl last night, and we wondered what that cap might be. I wouldn't think they would do this for something like a $30k truck/car. Oh well, glad I didn't lose out on this. Still can't believe ebay did that, but oh well.

wilkin250r
07-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Still can't believe ebay did that,
Yeah. In fact, I'll go one step further, I refuse to believe ebay did that. I don't think you've heard the last of this one, I think they're coming after your for that money.

Try to appeal the appeal!

quad2xtreme
07-05-2011, 01:01 PM
credit card companies do this over disputes all the time.

TheLane
07-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Yeah. In fact, I'll go one step further, I refuse to believe ebay did that. I don't think you've heard the last of this one, I think they're coming after your for that money.

Try to appeal the appeal!

X2, dont let your credit get wrecked by these idiots.

400exrider707
07-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Guys, there is money sitting in my bank account attached to my paypal account, if they wanted to, they could have already taken the money from there. They didn't. Paypal shows the refund went through already and it DID NOT come from my bank account. This is why I was so dumbfounded and called to get to the bottom of it, ebay covered the cost.

I can not appeal anything, the case in the eyes of my ebay account is closed and was closed when they decided in my favor. If I log on to my account right now, it clearly states that the case is closed, it was decided in my favor, I need to do nothing else about it!!!

I hope it's true! haha.

Again, either way, even if Ebay did go back on their word and ding me for the money, at least the shock is coming back to me now. It sucks that the morons who purchased it still got their way. I feel just a little bit better that Ebay agreed with me. I honestly would have never known the buyer appealed the decision or anything else was going on until the tracking information was sent to me from them. Without that, I wouldn't have known until the shock showed up!

If Ebay wanted the $365 from me, they could have very easily already taken it!

JForestZ34
07-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Don't be so sure. Give it a couple more days and see what happens. They might not do it right away

James

CJM
07-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Don't be so sure. Give it a couple more days and see what happens. They might not do it right away

James

Agreed. Its in your favor now but just wait and see, you never know.

rd2005
07-05-2011, 11:42 PM
I think I just found the one bad apple this time.
There's a ton of BAD APPLES on eBay!!!! Here's my 2 cents...eBay has gone south big time! I have had nothing but trouble lately & have been screwed recently out of some hard earned cash! People are all the time now misrepresenting there stuff, listing stuff incorrectly & downright lying...Who pays for their f'ups the buyer! The crappy part is eBay let's them do it & the cycle continues! I use to love eBay but now i'm trying to do as little as possible with them! If you have a legit problem w/an item you might get your money back...you might not! This latest transaction I have to pay for return shipping per eBay for an item that was not described correctly! So I lose cause of a jerk seller!!!! :grr: Just my 2 cents!

400exrider707
07-06-2011, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by rd2005
There's a ton of BAD APPLES on eBay!!!! Here's my 2 cents...eBay has gone south big time! I have had nothing but trouble lately & have been screwed recently out of some hard earned cash! People are all the time now misrepresenting there stuff, listing stuff incorrectly & downright lying...Who pays for their f'ups the buyer! The crappy part is eBay let's them do it & the cycle continues! I use to love eBay but now i'm trying to do as little as possible with them! If you have a legit problem w/an item you might get your money back...you might not! This latest transaction I have to pay for return shipping per eBay for an item that was not described correctly! So I lose cause of a jerk seller!!!! :grr: Just my 2 cents!

I don't disagree! I've had terrible luck selling items on ebay, and I describe everything very clearly! Most of the time it's just some moron clicking the "buy it now" option and then never responding back. It takes forever to get anything done with ebay.

buck440
07-06-2011, 03:12 PM
good.

400exrider707
07-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Still in the clear boys...

CJM
07-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Still in the clear boys...

Excellent.

btw I learned something interesting about ebay the other day. my mom sells alot of junk on there and since you can no longer purchase additional insurance say thru UPS/post office/etc they have ebay buyer protection.

A person contacted her admitting that the item arrived damaged and acknowledged it most likely happened during shipment. My mom told her to do the buyer protection thing.

What did they rule??? They ruled in favor of the buyer, no big deal but told my mom to refund the ladys money, the shipping and to send her another one if possible-even tho the auction clearly stated the shipping was to be paid by the buyer for a return even if damaged. They explained (cause my mom called them) that buyer protection ASSUMES you the seller purchase insurance FOR the buyer AT (possibly, not sure) your expense.

now ebay has the entire kit and kaboodle. No outside insurance unless seller buys it, paypal is thiers and they can take your cash and do whatever too.

Thumpin440ex
07-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Your return policy is a little unclear, but says as to the condition of the item.. I would not even sweat the part about shipping, it was shipped and showed up un damaged, regardless how it was shipped or whom it was through.. The fact that they have now MESSED with the shock by checking pressure or what ever they have done, could mean anything. They have now possibly messed up/damaged your shock.. I always put into my description, to BE SURE THIS IS GOING TO WORK FOR YOUR SET UP, if there is any ?? to contact me before bidding or buying my items.. I have been doing ebay 7+ years now, with 100% feedback.. The condition of the shock looks to be good to me.. I do not think I would issue a refund in this matter, as it has been tampered with, so hold onto them emails, incase they file a claim.. However food for thought next time you are listing one item, be sure to only picture the item you are selling so there is no confusion what so ever, also add to be sure this works for their app.. Just my 02, sorry if you have already resolved this, as I have not read the 11 pages..

trx250racer
07-26-2011, 08:38 PM
have you received the shock?? i now you keep saying it is coming back to you, but i cant figure out if you have it back yet. ebay may take the money once the item has been delivered to you.

Ruby Soho
07-26-2011, 09:32 PM
I had a small ebay mishap recently too.

Sold a crf50 frame, no problems with it, wasnt hiding anything. Im an honest seller and like good feedback.

Some kid buys it, and immediately after paying for it I got message after message - "where my part" "did you ship" "excuse me why arent you responding to my messages"

This is all within hours of the bid ending, im at work, not at home sitting infront of my computer to respond right away. Then he files a dispute on paypal which takes days to resolve. I had it packaged ready to ship but told him Im not shipping till he agrees to take back that dispute. So after arguing alittle he agrees and I ship and immediately send shipping information. Never heard back.

I really am sick of these kind of people on ebay, and craigslist. It is downright stupid

400exrider707
07-27-2011, 09:09 AM
Shock has been in my garage for about 2 weeks now guys, I DO have the shock and the issue has been resolved. I ended up with the money and the shock actually, if you can believe that.

What is REALLY funny is the shock still looks to be in all of the original bubble wrap that I sent it in, it doesn't even look like they ever took it out of the package.

They definitely didn't do a compression test. The shock is in the exact same shape I sent it in...

Anybody want to buy this thing?:cool:

Thumpin440ex
07-27-2011, 09:11 AM
Can I have it ??? I will pay shipping :D

John

brian76708
07-27-2011, 10:15 AM
ill give you 75 shipped ha
are 05 rear shocks the same as 06 and newer?

YOURADHERE
07-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by brian76708
ill give you 75 shipped ha
are 05 rear shocks the same as 06 and newer?

On the 450R they're different. My buddy has an 06 and ended up with an Elka off and 05. It never performed very well and after some reseached learned that the 04/05 and the 06+ swing arms are different. Since the shock was setup for an 05 he ended up swapping to a swing arm off an 05 and now it's much better.