PDA

View Full Version : Need help for fathers day present

Foxhound013
06-14-2011, 09:24 PM
I just managed to get a job this year and wanted to do something for my dad, we both race and he's been wanting to get some flexx bars, I figured now that i'm making some money I should try to get him a set for father's day. Any way anybody would be willing to sell me a used set for around 150 shipped, thats right around the budget i'm working on, I'd like to track down a pair and maybe get it here before fathers day for him, that way i can sneak em into the garage and bolt em up to his quad so he sees em next time he goes out, Thanks.

tri5ron
06-14-2011, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Foxhound013
I just managed to get a job this year and wanted to do something for my dad, we both race and he's been wanting to get some flexx bars, I figured now that i'm making some money I should try to get him a set for father's day. Any way anybody would be willing to sell me a used set for around 150 shipped, thats right around the budget i'm working on, I'd like to track down a pair and maybe get it here before fathers day for him, that way i can sneak em into the garage and bolt em up to his quad so he sees em next time he goes out, Thanks. Flexx bars would be a pretty darn cool Fathers Day present that's for sure !
but if anyone is selling them for $150, you'll be facing some stiff competition from everyone here wanting to buy them.

Tell us what kind of quad your dad rides,...
and what mods/upgrades he has done to his quad.
Maybe we can help make some other suggestions that could also be great presents.
Does he only ride tracks ? Mx ?, XC ?,

Do you guys also trail ride together ?

Just some suggestions that might also be really cool are,....
A new Helmet, or Boots, or Riding pants/Jersey,...

Tires,...

GoPro Cam...

FRS/GMRS 2-way radio's for the both of you, with in helmet Speakers/Mics, and a PTT button on the handlebars,....

BTW- That's pretty darn cool that you are looking to do something that nice for your Pops. i'm sure he is a very Proud Dad, and will be quite happy with anything you decide on.
Kudo's to you.
There are not too many younger guys on here that think like you do.
High 5's to both you and your Dad !

airmobile101
06-14-2011, 11:28 PM
If you can sqeeze 165.00 shipped, I can help you out. I have all the bushings also. Blue bar pad

greencow
06-15-2011, 07:58 AM
I think your best bet would be ebay.

I found some in your price range on ebay (copy and past in ebay search bar)

I hope you get to them before other people do.

Good luck

mx Eli
06-15-2011, 10:57 AM
if you cant find a used set of flexx bars get a set of percision clamps!

ridehonda400ex
06-15-2011, 12:37 PM
A steering stabilizer would be cool too

Foxhound013
06-15-2011, 07:40 PM
After talking to a friend of my dad's and my dad's fiance I'm gonna have to say they're probably right. One I am running out of time and two my dad is the kind of person who would love the bars but be mad that I went and spent that much on him. Personally I'd still like to but they think I should scale back a little bit airmobile101 thanks for the offer but I think i'm going to have to scale back a little bit. I just talked to a buddy of ours and he brought up some good points, We race xc and when we raced the indy 100 gncc I found out that new gloves make a huge difference, so our buddy told me I ought to go a little smaller and get him some gloves, maybe some cheap goggles in case his roll offs quit working and he needs some in a race, and a pit board because he said they're other friends loved the ones they used because it would help to brighten up a race a little. So I think I may go with a combination of the three or maybe all three depending on what my buddy at work thinks, if you guys have any other suggestions let me know. We both race xc and he's got a 03 z 400. Thanks to all you guys for the help and thanks airmobile for the offer again.

tri5ron
06-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Maybe add some nice new grips to the package ?

Then if you want to top it all off, have his fiance help you out, and help to arrainge a day together. It really does not need to be a big spectacular thing. Maybe take him to a local lake and take him fishing, toss some horseshoes, or whatever you think he'll like. Trust me, when he sees you tried to just put some thought into it, and do something fun to spend the day with him,... He will have a great time, and will enjoy it more than you can imagine.

Have a little tabletop BBQ to do some burgers or whatever, and bring a camera. The pics will be his favorite part, and the memories will be forever.

I hope you guys have a GREAT day together.