PDA

View Full Version : Pappy

Z-King
02-20-2003, 08:43 PM
how did you make your oven for pcing frames can you please post some pics i really wana get into this because the people around me are dickheads abought it they charged my freind 260dollers for rims on his car and you live to far from arizona

Pappy
02-20-2003, 08:58 PM
the biggest problem with trying to tell people how to build an oven is the liabilty. i couldnt live with myself if you burned up yer house:p

the easiest way to figure it out is to look at the oven in your house....and imagine it alot bigger. not really but thats pretty much the idea. you will want a circulation fan that circulates the heat so that even temperature can be obtained throughout the oven. ofcourse it needs to be vented and a nice big easy to open door that seals pretty good. also some way of hanging the parts.

i got most of my ideas from studying the big pro ovens....i have one that is about 3/4 finished but it wont be used until i get a new house:( for now im using a meduim oven at a friends shop.

if i end up with the right situation in my new home i will just break down and buy a batch oven...$8000:)

CHAUNCY
02-20-2003, 09:01 PM
I understand what ya mean about liability. Too many people sue over the stupidest reasons. Where did you get most of the parts needed and about how much would it cost me to make one excluding labor ??? I want one big enough to do frames. I have been lookin into this for sometime and was gonna end up using the old house oven if we get a new oven. Would a house oven work ???

Pappy
02-20-2003, 09:03 PM
a house oven is one of the best for small parts...its fast ...convienant and economical. i used to feel a lil funny about saying that but since ive traveled around to different pc shops...i dont have that problem anymore:p

i geuss if you could do all the work and wiring ...$700 is a good figure

CHAUNCY
02-20-2003, 09:06 PM
alright thanks