PDA

View Full Version : 416 build needle help

Hondaman 406
06-14-2011, 07:27 PM
I have 2006 400ex just rebuilt to 416 and in tuning carb mine dosent have adjustable needle will it make it run slot better if I get one or is it not worth the hassle. Also I have a adjustable needle but think it might be dyno jet and was told not to run with keihin jets. How can I tell what brand needle is?

honda400ex2003
06-14-2011, 09:06 PM
sometimes the stock needle doesnt need to be moved and sometimes it does. it really just depends on your exact setup.

most times though, it doesnt need to be moved so it would probably be worth trying out before doing anything with it.

i wouldnt suggest running a dj needle with keihins or running one at all. usually they are nothing but trouble with bigger bores and such.

you can get old needles in the rebuild kits and possibly from service honda.

steve

CJM
06-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Search carb rebuild kit on ebay or www.jetsrus.com sells them. I prefer the shindy brand kits, quality parts and you get everything you need to rebuild the carb period including the needle.

hondarider421
06-14-2011, 09:26 PM
man look if u built a 416 u dont need to change needle u need to put a 168-172 main and a 42 pilot and go from there and also plays effect on wat cam ur running and compression finally use ur fuel screw back it out two and 1/4 turns from fully closed if u gotta open it more go up on main if u close it off go down also take air box lid off unless mud rideing bike needs to be jetted acording to air and fuel mixture good luck