PDA

View Full Version : need a little help.

300racer
06-14-2011, 04:38 PM
a few weeks ago at a race every time i would hit something rough the 400 would die it would start right back up and idle but would die when you gave it gas. i cleaned the carb and it seemd to fix the problem but when i was at the last race and i doubled into a whoop section it started poping it still ran and would accelerate a little and after a couple min it would clear it self up and run ok till i hit something rough agian. could this be carb problems agian or something else? any info would be helpfull

trailrider894
06-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by 300racer
a few weeks ago at a race every time i would hit something rough the 400 would die it would start right back up and idle but would die when you gave it gas. i cleaned the carb and it seemd to fix the problem but when i was at the last race and i doubled into a whoop section it started poping it still ran and would accelerate a little and after a couple min it would clear it self up and run ok till i hit something rough agian. could this be carb problems agian or something else? any info would be helpfull

Check all your electrical connections and make sure you actually have fuel in your quad. Re-build the carb... Its really hard to diagnose something like that without riding it myself.

slightlybent47
06-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Wait a minuet, before you go tearing into the carb, there are a few things to try first.
Change your plug, it could have a crack in it and it’s shorting out every now and then.
Then like trailrider894 said check all the electrical connections real good.

Inspect and clean the gas tank and try new fuel.
Check your tether switch, if you don’t pull the clip off every now and then sometimes they will stick or give you problems.

Check the switch on the clutch, I have mine by passed.

Now check the fuel screen on the carb itself. If you take the fuel line off on the carb, there is a fuel screen down in the hole where the fuel line plugs in.

slightlybent47
06-14-2011, 09:37 PM
If you want to bypass the clutch switch so it will start in gear. Just unplug it and cut a short piece of slid wire and slip it in between the tow connectors. Like a jumper, that way you can put it back if you want. Most people just cut the wire and twist them together.
But then your plugs are gone and you can’t just plug it back in.

300racer
06-15-2011, 07:22 PM
thanks for the info.