PDA

View Full Version : 400ex G force axle

dirtycj5
06-13-2011, 08:39 PM
i searched and found mixed results. some posts say they fit and some say i have to use all 400ex parts anti fade and carrier

does any one have one on there 250r?
will a 250r lsr anti fade work?
i also have a set of 450r hubs im pretty sure the splines are the same as the 400ex

thanks!

jcs003
06-14-2011, 01:53 AM
good questions. i think we all would like some clarification on this. this is definitely the economical solution to axle replacement.

CorvetteZ06
06-14-2011, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by dirtycj5
i searched and found mixed results. some posts say they fit and some say i have to use all 400ex parts anti fade and carrier

does any one have one on there 250r?
will a 250r lsr anti fade work?
i also have a set of 450r hubs im pretty sure the splines are the same as the 400ex

thanks!

I've been wondering the same thing! some people say it works, some say it does not. we need some clarification from someone who is actually using the 400EX axle in their R, while using a 250R axle nut, 250R rear rotor hub, etc....

C-LEIGH RACING
06-14-2011, 08:43 AM
I have the G Force 400EX axle in my daughters 250R.

Simply just goes right in just like a regular 250R axle, but the splines are different count for the wheel hubs.
You'll need to use the 250X, 300EX, 400EX or 450R rear hubs.
Best I can remember the 250R hubs are 26 spline & the 400EX are 24.
A 250R rear hub will just rotate on the 400EX splines it is so much bigger.

Far as the brake rotor hub, the regular 250R hub will work & realy it works better on the 400EX axle, because of where the C ring location is on the axle.
Because of the C ring location on the 400EX axle, the brake rotor hub nut not extended out as far like it is on a 250R axle.

Heres one part I'm alittle fuzzy on, because I cant fully remember right now.
Seems like the sprocket was out of line just a hair with the front sprocket & I used a thin machine shim washer in between the sprocket hub & the bearing in the carrier to space it back in line.
If memorys right it is no more trouble than that to use it in a 250R.

Ol G Force is a whole lot cheaper & has the life time warranty just like the others.
Neil

dirtycj5
06-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Neil.
That is what I wanted to hear. Did you use the stock 250r rotor hub and axle lock? Or did you use a anti fade?

C-LEIGH RACING
06-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Stock 250R hub on the brake side.
I used the 400EX C clip, because the 250R one looked smaller & the axle has a deeper groove than the 250R axle.

Far as the RAD antifade nut, I dont see why it wouldnt work, because it is made just about the same as a stock 250R hub nut.
Neil

latheboy
06-14-2011, 08:27 PM
I have a G force 400ex axle in my quad also. I am using the stock 250r brake hub. I am using a RAD Locking nut. Problem is, I am not sure if its 250r, or 400ex. I think its 250r.

One thing that I found....

If you try and use the G force in a cast LSR bearing carrier, that was a no go! Didnt fit. The G force sprocket hub is not relieved enough to keep the hub from binding against the bearing carrier. The stock bearing carreir has more clearance in the area of the sprocket hub seal. So it you have an aftermarket bearing carrier, be aware that the g force sprocket hub may make contact with the bearing carrier near the left side seal area. I just used my stock bearing carrier. The other option would be to machine clearance on the sprocket hub, or on the bearing carrier. If you install the axle and it wont spin free when you tighten the axle nut, check the clearance.

Otherwise, use 400ex/450r hubs and you are good to go!

C-LEIGH RACING
06-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by latheboy
I have a G force 400ex axle in my quad also. I am using the stock 250r brake hub. I am using a RAD Locking nut. Problem is, I am not sure if its 250r, or 400ex. I think its 250r.

One thing that I found....

If you try and use the G force in a cast LSR bearing carrier, that was a no go! Didnt fit. The G force sprocket hub is not relieved enough to keep the hub from binding against the bearing carrier. The stock bearing carreir has more clearance in the area of the sprocket hub seal. So it you have an aftermarket bearing carrier, be aware that the g force sprocket hub may make contact with the bearing carrier near the left side seal area. I just used my stock bearing carrier. The other option would be to machine clearance on the sprocket hub, or on the bearing carrier. If you install the axle and it wont spin free when you tighten the axle nut, check the clearance.

Otherwise, use 400ex/450r hubs and you are good to go!

I believe I had the same problem, because I have the aftermarket carrier & can barely remember now the sprocket hub touching, so I had to use a spacer washer on the sprocket side between the hub & carrier bearing.

I remember what it was I was told a few years ago now.
You can use a 250R axle in a 400EX, but you must have a spacer on the brake side so the axle nut can tighten up.

An inner race from the stock single row bearing out of the carrier is the right thickness of spacing you will need so the nut can tighten up.
Neil