PDA

View Full Version : ever have your bike land on you?

TheLane
06-13-2011, 12:11 PM
I did! my side looks like an eggplant.

Tommy Warren
06-13-2011, 12:29 PM
I went over the bars doing a stoppie and took a grab bar to the spine. I almost cried but then I smiled when I wiggled my toes and they still worked. but I couldn't sit down without screaming for 2 weeks

CJM
06-13-2011, 01:24 PM
yep, flipped sideways and it was on top of me. threw it off and got up and was ok thank god.

Scro
06-13-2011, 01:49 PM
I had the end of a handlebar hit me so hard on my spine, that it put a hole straight through my chest protector. It took several trips to the chiropractor before I could bend my back without extreme pain. I couldn't imagine what would have happened, had I not been wearing a chest protector.

scottproquad
06-13-2011, 01:53 PM
who on this forum hasnt had this happen should be the topic!! lol

fastredrider44
06-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by scottproquad
who on this forum hasnt had this happen should be the topic!! lol

Very true. Fourwheelers are really good at hunting you down when you flip em.

madskrillz2
06-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Very true. Fourwheelers are really good at hunting you down when you flip em.

Couldn't have worded that better myself. Hunt you down is what they were made to do.

troutman561
06-13-2011, 02:38 PM
About 6 years ago I was climbing a small dirt mound that was maybe 10-15ft high.. Well, I got to the top, stopped and like an idiot, I forgot to pull the clutch to slide back down.. At this point the 400 stalled, rear wheels locked up, and I fell off straight to the ground onto my right arm. Before I could move here comes the 400 airborne to have the handlebars land nicely on my mid back.. All 400 or so lbs of machine transferred through the handlebars into my back. I have no idea how I was not hurt worse but immediately I stood up throwing the quad away from me, pulled my helmet off and had some choice words.. I think I was more pissed I made the stupid mistake of not grabbing the clutch more so than being mad at the pain. My back was bruised up and my arm had dirt embedded in the cuts I had but overall it could have been much worse.

JOHNDOE83
06-13-2011, 03:11 PM
AS A MATTER OF FACT....YES.....lol.

I had a eggplant on my hip several times, I have nerve damage in my leg, Ive been knocked out by my quad twice.

AND!!! My right hand almost got severed by the front brake master cylinder, Ill see if I can dig up pics....lol.

I still ride!!!!

JOHNDOE83
06-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Heres the pic, 2 weeks after the incident and numerous surgeries later. If you look closely, its the exact size and shape of a 400ex front brake resevoir.

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/johndoe83_2010/Picture0004.jpg

CJM
06-13-2011, 04:14 PM
OOHHH just remembered.

About a year ago I was riding and theres a spot that basically is a drop off. First time I did this I flew off it very fast and scared myself. Second time I was going easier but the way the drop off goes my rear extended axle I had caught it just right and I fell and the bars landed right onto my right foot in the middle of the side of my foot. I couldnt walk right for weeks. Thank god I was at least wearing work boots (hate riding boots sooo uncomfy!).

Course there was also the time I stalled going up a big hill, tried to roll down-the quad turned sideways and rolled away from me as I rolled down the hill. It missed me, I got up and laughed my arse off cause I was fine.

DP #000
06-13-2011, 04:31 PM
rear shock blew out up the face of a triple. did half a frontflip got pile-drived by the quad, my front fox float snapped in half on my back, and i broke my neck from it.

TheLane
06-13-2011, 06:54 PM
omg..! any permanent damage?

Hondamaster5505
06-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Hit a steel rim in the trail, clipped it with my bottom left a-arm. This was on my old blaster. I was pinned in top gear when it happened.

When I hit, the blaster flipped forwards (remember, I was PINNED in top gear) and right as I landed on my head in the dirt, the quad landed on top of me putting even more extreme pressure on my neck. It's a miracle I didn't break anything.

Blaster had a couple flat tires and the whole frame, in the front section, was tweaked to the side ever so slightly.

CJM
06-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Buddy of mine dislocated his hip 3 weeks ago on his brand new yfz (2nd ride). Was riding hard, didnt see the whoop-hit and flew off. Bike kept going forward fine, he came down like a ton of bricks.

Hes ok now thank god. Knucklehead sure knows how to ride, but is way to risky.

rbgnwa45
06-13-2011, 08:45 PM
I was following a quad on my dirtbike on a grassy trail, the quad stopped so I stopped, but when I tried to find a spot on the ground for my foot through tall grass, I put my foot into a hole, and basically fell over at a dead stop with my leg in a hole. There wasn't an exhaust cover, and I got massive, deep burns to my left leg. I didn't even notice until I was riding home, the wind was hitting it through the hole it made through my pants and it burned like a SOB.

Pappy
06-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Its why quad related injuries are so severe. Most folks never consider the 400+ pounds crashing down on them....

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/Other/Private-Gallery-2/BEA9536/1156035405_nKoyM-L.jpg

beastlywarrior
06-13-2011, 10:47 PM
not a quad but a car landed or ours at the sae baja competition

slightlybent47
06-14-2011, 12:31 AM
Nice shot there pappy! Hey! Those big 4x4’s can be quite heavy, probably more like 5-6 hundred lb. I don’t think I want to race one of those.

A couple years ago I jumped a 60’-70’ table and she kicked out sideways on me. I turned the front wheels in the direction I wanted it to go and put all the body English in it I could muster up, but too no avail. I landed on the down side almost at a 90* degree angle. Just before touch down I jammed the throttle wide open and dumped the clutch in an effort to make the rear wheels spin and slide instead of dig in. that didn’t work ether.
She dug in and snapped around in a 180 in the opposite direction throwing me forward over the bars and slamming me on the ground. No sooner did I hit the ground and the quad lands on me and grinds me into the track. I don’t know if the quad was upside down or on all fours when it landed on me, I’m sure it really doesn’t mater.lol
Besides all the bruises and being sore from head to tow I had a partial dislocated shoulder.
When I lay in bed on that side I can here it crunch and move around.lol It matches the other side now, I messed that one up 30 years ago. Now I have a maching set.lol

Anyone wana see the vid?

tjsdaname
06-14-2011, 12:33 AM
of course.... lol

Tommy Warren
06-14-2011, 12:47 AM
ummmm ya:huh

slightlybent47
06-14-2011, 01:52 AM
Here ya go....enjoy my pain!lol
View My Video (http://tinypic.com/r/2mgnz2r/7)

muddy400EX
06-14-2011, 06:03 AM
had one roll over me. cased a jump, foot slipped off and went under the rear tire, sucked me in like a vacuum and rolled. messed up my ankle and my head hurt from my seat slamming it into the ground

woodsman250r
06-14-2011, 07:28 AM
Threads like this remind me why I swiched from quads to bikes...I've been chashed down hills several times by quads trying to run me over!

fastredrider44
06-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Here's one of my friends, caught on tape.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vajMFluVVso

Balaz_73*00
06-14-2011, 11:14 AM
I can join the club of having an eggplant on my side. Been there for over 2 years now and still have limited feel all down my side...how sweet

rooster300ex
06-14-2011, 11:33 AM
I've had a 185s land on me, and my 300ex a couple times. Never been hurt from it though.

BlaineKaiser450
06-14-2011, 02:26 PM
More times than I can count

tjsdaname
06-14-2011, 03:14 PM
only ever had my 450r land on me 1 time lol....

it was a mud race, and I hit a 70ft triple and when I landed I sunk in the mud... went over the bars and quad landed right on top of me... I sunk about 2ft into the mud...

did not hurt at all, it was actually a really soft landing ..

TheLane
06-15-2011, 03:41 PM
ughhh, almost....ALMOST...makes me want to switch back to bikes lol.

slightlybent47
06-15-2011, 08:03 PM
On bikes I seem to fall off more then I do on the quad, but get hurt less.
Had my bike for 5 years and fell off 3 times and didn’t get hurt.
I’ve had my quad for 5 years and fell off twice, got hurt both times.

But to be fare, I never ride the bike very hard or take many chances with it.
The quad on the other hand I ride it like I stole it.lol

KXRida
06-16-2011, 07:37 AM
I had a foot peg of another rider come down on my hand. That's wasn't fun at all. I've jumped over people on tripples before and have come close to landing on them, but thankfully I haven't. It wouldn't have ended up good for anyone.

woodsman250r
06-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47

You have been riding a bike for 5 years and only fell 3 times??? Either you are the ultimate rider, or never get out of first gear and ride circles in a field....

I fall 3-5 times a week! And I am not a slouch rider by any means...

slightlybent47
06-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
You have been riding a bike for 5 years and only fell 3 times??? Either you are the ultimate rider, or never get out of first gear and ride circles in a field....

I fall 3-5 times a week! And I am not a slouch rider by any means...

Ha!Ha! I'm just that good!

IOWAracer
06-16-2011, 07:41 PM
No one is that good....

I had my quad land on me we have a big riding area in the Bluffs and there was a trail on the side that ran along the bluff then just stopped and went up the bluff i took the corner too fast one time and fell off the side about 20 feet i slid down the hill on my back and watched my quad coming right at me nothing i could do when we got to bottom the quad somehow landed around me each tire missing and just bruised me up I have witnesses to it on this forum it was crazy...

slightlybent47
06-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by IOWAracer
No one is that good....

I had my quad land on me we have a big riding area in the Bluffs and there was a trail on the side that ran along the bluff then just stopped and went up the bluff i took the corner too fast one time and fell off the side about 20 feet i slid down the hill on my back and watched my quad coming right at me nothing i could do when we got to bottom the quad somehow landed around me each tire missing and just bruised me up I have witnesses to it on this forum it was crazy...

Hey I said I road the bike conservatively. Now in my younger days I did some crazy stuff. But I have learned the hard way, what I can and can not do.lol
The quad is a deferent thing, and I ride the hell out of it.
I watch and learn form other riders, and I work my way up to something hard or risky.
I’ve seen too many riders try something there not ready for and pay a big price for there arrogance. Myself included.

Read my sig, it pretty much seas it all.

KXRida
06-17-2011, 05:56 PM
If you've only laid a bike over 3 times in 5 years I'd hang it up because I'd get bored going that slow. Laying a bike down is part of riding.

TheLane
06-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
If you've only laid a bike over 3 times in 5 years I'd hang it up because I'd get bored going that slow. Laying a bike down is part of riding.

you know what, you are totally right!!!! if everyone doesnt ride as fast and extreme as you..... They obviously arent having fun:rolleyes:

slightlybent47
06-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by KXRida

What part of this do you not understand?

Then I followed up with this.

Hey I said I road the bike conservatively. Now in my younger days I did some crazy stuff. But I have learned the hard way, what I can and can not do.lol
The quad is a deferent thing, and I ride the hell out of it.
I watch and learn form other riders, and I work my way up to something hard or risky.
I’ve seen too many riders try something there not ready for and pay a big price for there arrogance. Myself included.

Read my sig, it pretty much seas it all.

Ether you can't read or you don't comprehend what you’ve read.
Or you must be disappointed I can ride better then you!