PDA

View Full Version : Loud ticking after rebuild

GrantG
06-13-2011, 08:07 AM
I just rebuilt my 87 250x and it still has one hell of a tick seems to be more from the intake. As for new parts I did new cam chain and tensioner, stage 1 hotcam, weisco piston bored to 75mm, valve guides, valves and rockers. My valve lash is fine and it runs great. I just don't want to do any damage to it?

330exrider4life
06-16-2011, 07:46 PM
The Hotcams are known for a tick. i dont run one but i wouldnt worry about it if it runs good

414tinner
06-16-2011, 08:24 PM
You said you replaced the rockers. I need to replace the rockers in a 300ex, so I bought them and now I cannot seem to figure out how to get the old rockers out of the valve cover. Did you remove the old rockers or did you have a shop do it?

Thanks

GrantG
06-17-2011, 09:17 AM
Ya I did them my self. When you pull the rocker cage off to expose the rockers there is a dowl pin that goes through each one. You have to get them out. The manual will tell you to grind a groove in them and pound them out with a flathead that didn't work for me. I ended up welding old vise grips to them so they didn't fall off and then pounded the pins out. When you order your rockers make sure you get new pins. Let me know how you make out

414tinner
06-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Ok Thanks, did you get the ticking noise figured out?