PDA

View Full Version : Some Odd Engine Q'S...

trailrider894
06-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Hey ya'll!! Just got back from the first MX race of the season... Everything went great, except...

?1. The engine ran great the first practice, but just couldn't keep up at the end, and nearly pooped on the first moto. So i took out in the second moto and only mad it 3 laps in and it dumped on me... Just lost all power and would hardly pull at all.

?2. My second question is, i kept two wheeling in nearly every single corner and just couldn't slide out my rear end at all.... My setup should be great for it, and i am not understanding... I have +2 front a-arms with 19x6x10 razr cross tires and 18in rear tires. Could this be a suspension issue?? Maybe its time for a revalve and re-build on the suspenion???

?3. How the heck do i stop my knees from getting all blistered on the insides from rubbing....

CJM
06-12-2011, 04:36 PM
1. Sounds like it got to hot, need to cool it down with a spal fan and a larger oiler cooler and or oil tank. The sparks key might be doing it, improper jetting, etc.

I would also suggest you dump the dynojets if you still have them and switch to keihin stockers.

2. Check your suspension and your tire pressure.

3. Buck up, way it goes lol. Your probably hugging the bike to much if anything.

ish416
06-12-2011, 04:49 PM
1. Does the engine still run? Did it make any odd noises or vibrations? Is the clutch slipping?

2. This is most likely caused by the lack of power to the back tires. You will need the engine to break the rear tires loose. Without the engine, you would be forced to use the rear brakes. Doing this would likely cause it to "slide and catch."

Does the front seem to bite or push?

You could try tightening up the shocks to see what happens. I would up the preload and the compression if you could, see if there are any differences.

3. All of the riding pants I have ever owned have pads in the knee area. These have done a good enough job that I can't recall ever having an issue.

I would say the issue is more from your pants/riding gear than anything on the quad. I would look into getting something like this. (http://thormx.com/product.jsp?path=3224,3230,3252,12616)

dxcody
06-12-2011, 09:28 PM
front shox too soft, i about flipped 3 or 4 times one day testing my suspension for corners, you ride mx so i would say put your front shocks on the tightest adjustment there is, (that is if you have stock 400 fronts) because IMO the 400 front shocks are very soft anyways. if you dont have 400ex stock fronts (sorry i didnt pay any attention to what your INFO was) then just tighten them up a little at a time and just ride all day doing corners, and see whats a great cornering set up that also doesnt make it too rough for landings.