PDA

View Full Version : My new Behemoth 250r

troybilt
06-11-2011, 07:47 PM
I just brought this home today...

K&T 500 Saber motor, Shearer Pipe, 48 Lectron, MSD Programmable Ignition, Axis Shocks all the way around...

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/Saber%20500/DSCN1799.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/Saber%20500/DSCN1803.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/Saber%20500/DSCN1802.jpg

danhung11
06-11-2011, 08:08 PM
I think you should come of with a graphics kit that says, "Behemoth" down the front fenders. :D

I think I just twinkled again... thing is sick! When are we making our day trip down to the dunes? :devil: Just to dial her in...

sand_blaster
06-11-2011, 08:16 PM
This thing is siiiiccckkk. That motor looks amazing

mohler
06-11-2011, 09:01 PM
nice find Troy

norcalduner
06-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Dayum ..... "Badass" is the ONLY word that comes to mind :eek2:

Fear250r
06-12-2011, 01:01 AM
Troy......you suck......nice bike damn it!!

I'm thinking you'll make the calendar again!!

Are you keeping this one?

socal
06-12-2011, 01:33 AM
That looks like a rocket!Are Axis overkill on a machine like that,is it a straight line setup or can you ride the dunes being stretched and so powerful??? Any complete pics?Behemoth for sure!!!

leager-n-ky
06-12-2011, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Fear250r
Troy......you suck......nice bike damn it!!

I'm thinking you'll make the calendar again!!

Are you keeping this one?

..........X 2 !!!!!! SaWEEEEET !!!!!!

jcs003
06-12-2011, 03:28 AM
that is a thing of beauty!

troybilt
06-12-2011, 07:17 AM
Thanks for all the compliments, wish i built it but I didn't... going to add my flavor to it though.

Yes I'm keeping this one for now anyway, well at least the majority of it anyway. I'm going to clean this all up for a dune trip in October. There is a few things I didn't like that I'll probably sell off, though.

troybilt
06-12-2011, 07:19 AM
We're going to fire this up next weekend and make a few runs... if it scares the crap out of me then I might be selling... haha... just kidding!!

troybilt
06-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Phase 1 of my Duner build!!

Phase 2 new plastic, powder coating, few odds and ends.. coming this winter. Elsinore comes first!!! :D

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/Saber%20500/DSCN1822.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/Saber%20500/DSCN1821.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/Saber%20500/DSCN1819.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/Saber%20500/DSCN1817.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/Saber%20500/DSCN1818.jpg

wilkin250r
06-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by socal
That looks like a rocket!Are Axis overkill on a machine like that,is it a straight line setup or can you ride the dunes being stretched and so powerful??? Any complete pics?Behemoth for sure!!!

I'll let Troy answer for certain after the test ride, but "overkill" is probably a matter of opinion. Aside from the stock frame, it doesn't look like too many expenses were spared on that guy. It has almost as much "Show" as it does "Go". I can tell you that if I was building a machine like that, I'm ain't bolting up a set of cheap, second-rate shocks.

But yeah, they're probably overkill. That Saber might be a little different depending on the porting, but most stretched-out drag bikes make lousy cruisers.

troybilt
06-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I'll let Troy answer for certain after the test ride, but "overkill" is probably a matter of opinion. Aside from the stock frame, it doesn't look like too many expenses were spared on that guy. It has almost as much "Show" as it does "Go". I can tell you that if I was building a machine like that, I'm ain't bolting up a set of cheap, second-rate shocks.

But yeah, they're probably overkill. That Saber might be a little different depending on the porting, but most stretched-out drag bikes make lousy cruisers.

They might be overkill, if I was building the bike from scratch myself, (which was my original plan btw...) I'd run just some non-rezzy floats for shocks, and I darn sure would not be able to afford building that Saber motor. I had intentions of building a 310 drag duner, before this one came up for sale. I was told there is close to 7000 in the motor, carb, ignition, and pipe.. FWIW... I don't know enough about these big bores yet know if that is true or not. I got a good deal on this bike from a friend I met down at the dunes last weekend.. For the price, I'd have a hard time scratch building a duner for the same cost.. So I think I lucked out... hopefully. I just hope I can hold on!!!

socal
06-12-2011, 05:13 PM
I did not mean overkill in a negative way,who wouldn't want a set of nice Axis on any setup if you got the cash!Now that I think of it,running that thing at speed through some rough or whooped out sections,I would want some good shocks!

troybilt
06-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by socal
I did not mean overkill in a negative way,who wouldn't want a set of nice Axis on any setup if you got the cash!Now that I think of it,running that thing at speed through some rough or whooped out sections,I would want some good shocks!

Yes that's exactly it... not so much at our dunes but I know places like Glamis the sand buggies will really whoop out the bottom of hills etc... so a good set of shocks is key for winning hill shoots.... Our sand drag strips on a busy weekend also get pretty whooped out too...

Higgy87TRX425
06-12-2011, 05:57 PM
So this is the bike that was forsale on e-bay! I remember seeing it! I wish those plastics in the back weren't cut! I'd take them off of your hands for ya if they were complete! What length is that swingarm? I've been thinking of runnin a +6 on my Puma, but I haven't decided yet? Nice find though. Thats a real nice bike man! Perfect for the dunes!! I'd say if you paid $5000 or less you did fine. Anything less then $4500 and you got a smoking deal. There definaly expensive to build!! Thanks Higgy!

danhung11
06-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Troy, you need to take a video of the thing just warming up. This thing made my jaw drop when it fired up, never heard a single cylinder two-stroke sound so meaty, I thought for sure the Po-Po were going to show up just letting it warm up. As far as the ride and plushness, I am sure it will get around fine down in Little Sahara. atv fan 28 was going at a decent pace through the trails with us down in Waynoka. If anything, we might have pulled away but then he caught right back up when we hit a straight or carving bowls. His motor was a 310 6mil stroker with Neil's drag port. It was a lot smoother than that 310 of KSRiders

He's got the same chassis setup, plus two fronts with plus 6 rear. I forgot what shocks he was running, but the shocks on the bike are pretty close to Troy's rider weight, etc.

In my opinion, you'll be fine. ;) It's going to take you for a ride though... :D

Did you change your mind on the white plastics you picked up? :ermm:

250Renvy
06-12-2011, 07:28 PM
A number of years ago when I first got back into 250R's I came across a 250R with a +6 stock swingarm (88). I didn't have time or the tools to get the stock locknut off, so I just rode it as is in the trails. I actually didn't think it was that bad. It turned different and I couldn't pop a wheelie, but it didn't feel ridiculously different, so I'm thinking despite the long swingarm, you could still cruise with that stretched machine.

stever250r
06-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Nice Ride Troy.... I can only imagine what it would be like to push the throttle open on that thing......

I say take it to the Salt Flats and send us some top end speed reports,,:D Congrats!!

trs9102
06-13-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm jealous :D Can't wait to see it in action.

troybilt
06-13-2011, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by danhung11

Yeah, after I pull all the crappy stickers off on it, the blue started to grow in me. I just want to get a black seat cover and do some simple graphics on it then I'm done with it... for now.. haha... Elsinore is my baby and I want keep rolling on that bike. One ride on this herculean motor and that might change!!

danhung11
06-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by trs9102
I'm jealous :D Can't wait to see it in action.

Gives you another reason to hurry the heck up on your big bore for the ATC. :macho

atv fan 28
06-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
Troy, you need to take a video of the thing just warming up. This thing made my jaw drop when it fired up, never heard a single cylinder two-stroke sound so meaty, I thought for sure the Po-Po were going to show up just letting it warm up. As far as the ride and plushness, I am sure it will get around fine down in Little Sahara. atv fan 28 was going at a decent pace through the trails with us down in Waynoka. If anything, we might have pulled away but then he caught right back up when we hit a straight or carving bowls. His motor was a 310 6mil stroker with Neil's drag port. It was a lot smoother than that 310 of KSRiders

He's got the same chassis setup, plus two fronts with plus 6 rear. I forgot what shocks he was running, but the shocks on the bike are pretty close to Troy's rider weight, etc.

In my opinion, you'll be fine. ;) It's going to take you for a ride though... :D

Yeah my ol 250 wasnt the hot setup for trails. It had stock a-arms and shocks, with a plus 4 swingarm. Those whopped out sections is what killed me. Felt like i was riding a big *** bull that was trying to buck me off!! But it still did ok. I could ride my 450 alot faster through them trails. But its not as cool as riding a 23 year old dinosaur around! LOL

slamdak8782
06-13-2011, 08:53 PM
All I can say is WOW that thing looks so nasty. The intake could suck in a rabbit. Be careful not to loose the filter. :D