http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p125/protrax/CIMG1811.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p125/protrax/CIMG1809.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p125/protrax/CIMG1808.jpg

800screws
06-11-2011, 05:31 PM
where do these come from! lol.........im pm'd u

danhung11
06-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Nice protrax! I told myself I wanted another 4-stroke, so now you have the best of both worlds. I really like that Walsh CRF chassis schiavo has! :macho

Is this a true Laeger hybrid or was it converted professionally? Is that wide front with two holes up top between the shock towers? Please take those hideous Maier's off and snap some pictures of the beast!

hontrx265r
06-11-2011, 09:24 PM
This should be a good build, doesn't look abused too bad at all. Nice score.

norcalduner
06-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Damn Alan, you seem to know where to find all the sweet bikes. I agree with Dan, loose the plastics and she'd be freakin smokin :macho

protrax
06-12-2011, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by danhung11
Nice protrax! I told myself I wanted another 4-stroke, so now you have the best of both worlds. I really like that Walsh CRF chassis schiavo has! :macho

Is this a true Laeger hybrid or was it converted professionally? Is that wide front with two holes up top between the shock towers? Please take those hideous Maier's off and snap some pictures of the beast!

Yes this is a true Laeger 1 of 7 and I now I have 2 of the 7 my personal bike is set up for Flat track and this one will be set up for MX
I will be changing the shocks and fenders , axle, brakes etc

What do you guys thing should I Stick with the nacs theme ? I have a set of red fullbores with the nacs graphics too . not too sure about the yellow just had the thought as this CRF has flown them colors since birth lol
LMK what you think and thanks for the comments I will update the post as it makes its transformation :devil:

jrspawn
06-12-2011, 07:35 AM
Nice find man.

There are actually more than 7 laeger CRF's though. There were a couple different designs. Your is the later setup with the CT motor mounts. Ive owned and built several of these styles.

The "7" comes from the original laeger crfs that had different motor mount setups and narrow framed that were built by mark himself.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=234227&perpage=10&highlight=laeger%20crfs&pagenumber=1

danhung11
06-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by protrax
What do you guys thing should I Stick with the nacs theme ? I have a set of red fullbores with the nacs graphics too . not too sure about the yellow just had the thought as this CRF has flown them colors since birth lol
LMK what you think and thanks for the comments I will update the post as it makes its transformation :devil:

As much as I like the oldschool look, there is something to be said about custom graphics and new age powdercoat colors. The new lollipop candy colors are very nice, and I'm sure someone could throw together a one off set of graphics that would set that bike off. ;)

Keep us posted Alan, looking forward to this one. :blah:

protrax
06-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Nice find man.

There are actually more than 7 laeger CRF's though. There were a couple different designs. Your is the later setup with the CT motor mounts. Ive owned and built several of these styles.

The "7" comes from the original laeger crfs that had different motor mount setups and narrow framed.

The different design was stock CRF front motor mount plates There were 2 with the stock CRF motor mounts don't remember if they were wide or narrow can't say I have never seen a narrow CRF in all my years besides converted bikes Joel Janssen owned 1 and there was another guy from england that had 1 , Tim farrs bike was a converted YZF
I am a huge Laeger Fanatic and am the original owner of mine and still have it

This is it from my 03 season
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p125/protrax/alan.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p125/protrax/alan3.jpg

jrspawn
06-12-2011, 07:57 AM
If i remember right, allen knowles(CT) bought/got the jigs for the frames a built the more common laeger CRF's. The few of them ive owned have been this style. But i know i have came across a few of the original narrow framed"7" over the years. Never been able to buy one though:(

protrax
06-12-2011, 08:18 AM
If i remember right, allen knowles(CT) bought/got the jigs for the frames a built the more common laeger CRF's. The few of them ive owned have been this style. But i know i have came across a few of the original narrow framed"7" over the years. Never been able to buy one though:(

When I bought mine NEW I bought it from Tony Kellner ( Kellner Motorsports) I straight out asked Tony if The frame came directly from Mark Laeger or if it was built by Allen knowles of (CT) as the front motor mounts through me off . Tony told me the day I picked it up at his shop in PA that the chassis had come directly from Mark and he did not do business with CT at this time . He also went on to say CT made all the billet parts for Mark . In later months I had heard Ct did buy the frame jigs afterward but not the swing arm jigs . Mark did not let him produce any before he purchased them back from Allen
Thats just what I was told .

So who knows , there are alot of Tales of the Rare Laeger's CRF the only one that knows the real truth is Mark himself or possibly Allen

No sweat to me I Think I am the only original owner of a true Laeger's CRF that still owns his bike !

hontrx265r
06-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Protrax what king of lift is that under that crf?

pinitatv
06-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Alan,

That bike is super clean and you are probably right about being the only original owner.

Thanks to Jim S. I've got a pretty clean one too even though I'm the second owner, take a look :D

pinitatv
06-12-2011, 10:09 PM
From what I know about the legend of the Laeger CRF there were 7 built for the pros that would have been 02 models. A buddy has one, here's a pic. Notice the different front motor mounts? The rest of the frame is the same for the most part. There are some weird differences I can't explain.

The ones like Protrax and I have are all 03 models and I've been told 20-30 were build.

Alan between you and I we have a good percentage of then accounted for....

skippy1999
06-13-2011, 09:24 AM
i think Tony is still sitting on 1 or 2 of those frame in his shop

judecrf
06-13-2011, 06:16 PM
their is deff two of the above rare laegers here in ireland both with 02 laeger vin tags .and their at least 5 of the 03 laeger frames here and they are all proper frames not conversions .their are a few converted ones here two .just thought i would share that info as i know their are alot of myths about these frames so hopfully this helps . nice find to by protrax

protrax
06-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by pinitatv
Alan,

That bike is super clean and you are probably right about being the only original owner.

Thanks to Jim S. I've got a pretty clean one too even though I'm the second owner, take a look :D

gotta love it bro
I think it was about time we all started talking Laeger's again anyhow LOL
we need to put together a killer post of all of them !

pinitatv
06-13-2011, 07:37 PM
I agree I'd love to know how many are really out there yet.

danhung11
06-13-2011, 07:54 PM
I love seeing Laeger fans coming out of the wood works... ears are open... :bandit:

motochamp250
06-13-2011, 08:22 PM
wish i could find bikes like that for sale around here! haha congrats man!

bigmatt61
06-13-2011, 08:29 PM
I love Laeger's bikes showing up also Dan. Small picture hijack .......here's my 97 no-link I had him fix and have been tinkering with.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c33/bigmatt61/DSC03189.jpg

protrax
06-13-2011, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bigmatt61
[B]I love Laeger's bikes showing up also Dan. Small picture hijack .......here's my 97 no-link I had him fix and have been tinkering with.

Nice bike keep them coming guys

jrspawn
06-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Heres a question for you guys, how many of the Laeger no link setups were put out there? Ive only seen a few of them including the one bigmatt just posted.

pinitatv
06-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Here's my second crf its really my wife's but don't tell anyone.

pinitatv
06-13-2011, 09:51 PM
This is my 3rd crf, my plans for this one are still up in the air a bit but here's one version. I'm building it as a no link for ice or flat track racing.

Custom Alum swinger, alum stem, alum sub frame, custom exhaust, big valve big power carb motor.

jrspawn Good question on the no links, I've only seen 2 or three on the forum. They are rare for sure.

red88r
06-13-2011, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by pinitatv
Here's my second crf its really my wife's but don't tell anyone.

Anytime my wife says I have too many quads....I just show her a pic of all of yours Jody!:D Then she doesn't say too much...lol

pinitatv
06-13-2011, 09:57 PM
red88r - Hey the garage is literally full if you need anything and I mean anything give me a call. I'm looking to sell a few items to make room for more:D

Here's the second version of my 3rd crf

This one is with an 09 FI motor, this pic is exactly how its sitting today, not sure which way to go, any thoughts???

protrax
06-14-2011, 03:59 AM
Heres a question for you guys, how many of the Laeger no link setups were put out there? Ive only seen a few of them including the one bigmatt just posted.

I was under the impression around 10 no links who knows

judecrf
06-16-2011, 03:44 AM
have since found out their is def a third 02 laeger crf here in ireland with the rare front mounts so their is def 3 here i have seen all three bikes my self .