View Full Version : engine question

leakyvoodoo
06-10-2011, 09:09 PM
so i had a little oil leak at the bottom of the jug and i have only had maybe 10 rides on it not counting break in. so i couldnt take it and wanted to fix it and decided to put gtt head studs. i am running 12.5.1 compression.so i just got my head studs and my jug back from gtt. the head studs are crazy thick. when i was takeing apart the engine the head bolts where nice and tight but thats not where it was leaking. now the jug bolts where lose not like hand tight but it wasnt at where i torque them to, what do i do so that dosent happen again. i did have a stock bottom gasket on it and that is getting replaced with s mls cometic. ideas. can i locktight them or that not a good idea. and do i torque my head bolt more then 33ftlbs now that there oversized bolts and what should my jug bolts be torque to.thanx

CJM
06-11-2011, 12:21 AM
Shouldnt need to torque anything more than spec, the head bolts are 33 ft-lbs and all the 6mm bolts are 7 ft-lbs or as I like to do it 1/4 ratchet hand tight.

You probably nicked the gasket when you put it on or something or the jugs warped slightly.