PDA

View Full Version : should i do it....

AtvRider21
02-20-2003, 06:35 PM
i am thinkin of sellin my ex for an 1987 250r stok gor 2800 obo and i wanna know i want some craazy power lol i will spend like 500 on mods and i wana know can i make it pretty crazy thanks..

also how reliable r 250r's like if i mix gas, clean filter, check bolts, and check oil, and oil chain is that all i need to do ans will the r hold u i want a really trik fast quad to have till a new one comes out please reply thanks peace

CHAUNCY
02-20-2003, 06:47 PM
Go for it. I have seen 250r's have insane power:macho

Glow Plug
02-20-2003, 06:51 PM
i would go for it, if you want some help talk to chris waters (think that's his exriders name :confused: ) or 2r's there beable to help you

AtvRider21
02-20-2003, 06:52 PM
dude i just have one question.. wat if i had a 250r with pipe, silencer, k and n filter, port and polished, and just rebuilt and i took it in the street and went in 4th gear with a lil thottle and then pinnd it would it like flip cus thats the kinda craazy power i want thanks peace

CHAUNCY
02-20-2003, 06:53 PM
didnt he change his name to CBW ???

tants
02-20-2003, 06:53 PM
stock 250r's are VERY over rated. they seem like they have "extream power" because of the hard hitting, fast revving 2 stroke motor. if its in good cond. id go for it. $500 will make your R much faster, but i think handeling is much more important. $500 can buy you exhuast, reeds, and a filter, and you will feel a major gain.

now to answer your question. the 250r could be just reliable as your 400ex... that is if you dont buy a grape. check over the R your lookin to buy. dont buy it if theres a major problem because that will huant you down the road. if you do those simple maintness tips you just said you should be fine. the other thing besides that is that you will have to get your top end rebuilt, every 25 hours under race conditions, and like 40-50 hours under normal conditions.

tants
02-20-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by AtvRider21
dude i just have one question.. wat if i had a 250r with pipe, silencer, k and n filter, port and polished, and just rebuilt and i took it in the street and went in 4th gear with a lil thottle and then pinnd it would it like flip cus thats the kinda craazy power i want thanks peace

no it wont flip, unless your over 200 pounds and sit waaaaay back on the grab bar. what will happen is your addreniline will sky rocket and your arms will tug. ;)

AtvRider21
02-20-2003, 06:56 PM
thanks man ure real helpful wel i ride like fast woods and a lil mx just to do triks lol what can i get to make it more reliable tho also wat do i chek 4 while buyin it thankss... alo how do u rebuild like is it hard thanks man peace.

yaay my mom sad i mite be able to keep the 400e too yaaay

AtvRider21
02-20-2003, 07:05 PM
one m0re thing if i get like a reallly goood spark plug will it last long and how do u mix the gas what ratio for woods ridin and like how do u mix it like do i get 93 octane gas and then put a cap full of the mix in i dont get it thanks peace.