PDA

View Full Version : Fully Laptop Programmable MSD Ignition

troybilt
06-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Did some searching on here and the other site. I didn't find alot of information.

I'm most likely picking one of these up tomorrow with a bike I'm buying. Its one of those things that can kill a motor, so I want to do all the research I can on the MSD ignitions. Is there a good source for information? I did some googling and didn't find much. Also where can one buy those igntions?

Not looking for the "get rid of it and get a CR ignition" response, that doesn't help me learn anything about them, I have a CR already...

Thanks!
Troy

hawaiiysr
06-10-2011, 01:34 PM
When j was in the market for a new coil I was looking into this. The only place I could find them for sale was MSD directly. I learned no further information about the MSD coil other then it is programmable and it requires a battery.

jcs003
06-10-2011, 03:19 PM
i did some searching in the past and they used to sell them as a kit for the 250r, but now i think you might be able to buy all the parts separate from MSD.

danhung11
06-10-2011, 06:35 PM
I'd post this on the other site, seems there is a better drag racing knowledge base over there. My $0.02. Don't be late like Trent tomorrow. Lol!

troybilt
06-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Good idea, I just now posted the same question over there... Thanks Dano.