PDA

View Full Version : AIRFILTER..againn

finsteratv
06-09-2011, 09:02 PM
SO i was goin to tell my dad what filter i was going to get to go along with my slip-on. just letting him know im scratchig a K&N for a uni..he says dont get a uni its no better then a stock filter. and that all foam filters are the same..im pretty sure they are not..trying to put his theory to rest because obviously if people buy uni's for performance then they're better then stock..answers?

Duf6
06-09-2011, 09:19 PM
I did read a product report one time that said uni made honda's stock air filters, but I'd think uni's aftermarket filters would flow a bit more.

CJM
06-09-2011, 09:26 PM
I like the uni, works fine for me and its much nicer quality imho than the stock filter foam.

NacsMXer
06-10-2011, 03:47 AM
You would be wise to use a UNI foam filter over the K&N. The UNI flows more than plenty of air on even the most modded engines. I would think that the size of your carb, intake porting, etc. would be more of a factor in being a "choke point" before I would worry about an air filter. The purpose of an air filter is to filter air, and do it well. The UNI does just that, whereas the K&N not so much in heavy dust. Unless you want to let fine dust in your engine, run the K&N lol.

B.C.#11TRX400EX
06-10-2011, 11:24 AM
what about the Twin Air Filters there pretty good

NacsMXer
06-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by B.C.#11TRX400EX
what about the Twin Air Filters there pretty good

They are good filters as well...comparable to UNI.

400excracer
06-13-2011, 08:15 AM
I am not a fan of foam filters. I run K&N and always clean mine after every race or weekend ride. If the ride is really dusty I always carry an extra filter and change it out for the second day. K&N filters are much easier to clean and oil and I have never had issues with my motor being ruined because of fine particles getting through. I have never seen proof of one filter being better than another other than for flow anyways and even that is minimal. Just keep it clean and they will all do the job.

thebig450es
06-13-2011, 08:49 AM
i like the K&N with the outerwears

2001400exrida
06-13-2011, 09:14 AM
k&n flows much better but doesn't filter for poop unless you outerwears it.

the uni foam filters is not that much different than the stock foam filters. It may breath a little better but that's about it.