PDA

View Full Version : Nerfbars/heel guard combos

troybilt
06-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Curious what the most common style frame (nerfbar mounts) are out there...

89 style mounting
86/87 style mounting
Pro Peg style mounting

etccb
06-09-2011, 02:33 PM
I can't vote for 86-87 and 88-89 to be made? lol.

troybilt
06-09-2011, 02:35 PM
I know alot need both or all even... just seeing which is the most popular...

250Renvy
06-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Are you looking to get heelguards made or nerfbars with heelguards in them?

I have a set of Roll designs that I was going to get copied. I was just going to do a one off but if others are interested I could see about getting others done.

I've found here that if you want parts made, assume to get them just for yourself at whatever the cost is then if you can float a few extra sets go for it. Getting people to commit to buying new parts is harder than pulling teeth.

I'm doing the same with my radiator. Getting a couple custom made instead of producing and selling since it's near impossible trying to get people to commit.

etccb
06-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Just funin.
I believe the 88-89 may win but I put in my vote for what I am working on. I can tell you that I went crazy looking for something like this for this 87. I gave up on finding a combo and just ordered some of Lews pegs and some X-Factor nerfs yesterday. I will let everyone know how that turns out. Also XFR in Utah said that he would make his sweet Pro Series 2 nerfs for the 250r if someone would provide the quads for the first setup. Remember to ask the builder to get those pegs down some. Good luck with this Troy and thank you for your efforts.

troybilt
06-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Envy: I know what you mean, I thought that too, but I had pretty good luck with the Titanium bolt sets... There was more interested than I had made. 9 times out of 10 that doesn't happen, though...

I'd be designing or having them made for myself. If I go the F43 route he was going to build them and sell them..(I assume). If I design and build my own they'd mostly like be for myself, plus maybe a few extra sets if anyone wanted any... Problem is you get alot of people that like one style or the other and not too mention the 3 different styles of mounting and all the aftermarket frame configurations out there... Then there is the cost issue, small runs cost big bucks.. more than cheap-o AC nerfs etc.. so that would be the most difficult to overcome.

No I'm really just interested in what style frames are the most common. I was having a discussion with another individual and I thought the 86 style was by far and away the most common.

etccb
06-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Couldn't they make pro peg style only and bolt on adapt for the other frames? It seems that would be the most cost effective if they could pull it off. I have never had one that style so forgive me if it is obvious that that can't be done.

troybilt
06-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Most likely I'll order a set of 450r nerfs and adapt them to the 250r. With the style like F43 the heel guards are part of the nerfs so they don't need to mount to the frame. That's the simpliest design...

250Renvy
06-09-2011, 03:03 PM
I think for pure numbers, 86/87 style is the most common since 86 is the most heavily produced model out of any.

troybilt
06-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
I think for pure numbers, 86/87 style is the most common since 86 is the most heavily produced model out of any.

That's what I thought, but there is probably more with Pro Pegs or 89 style that are actually interested in nerfbars... that might be a stretch though. Just for conversation.

etccb
06-09-2011, 03:17 PM
I believe all of the aftermarket frames out there that are not pro peg are 88-89 style as well.
Having xc and mx width would be nice too but lets take what we can get for now.