PDA

View Full Version : Radiators

Higgy87TRX425
06-09-2011, 02:22 PM
So you guys have to hear this one. I've been trying to buy a radiator from Autopartsdealer.cvom here's the link http://www.autopartsdealer.com/afco_racing_power_adder_drag_radiators_80260n-p331208-p.html for about 3 weeks now. I call on it to see if I can buy it for the $283.10 that it was listed for right. They tell me that there's a 3 day lead time and I can't buy it now for that price and I should call back in 3 days. So I call back in 3 days and the price is now right around $425??? And they can sell me one, but I'll have to pay $425.00 which of corse doesn't work for me!! So I ask to talk to a manager. I wait for 45 minutes and finally the phone hangs up on me. So I send a couple emails. No resopnse?? The same day I leave a couple of messages on there voicemail. No response??? I call back today and after about a 10min wait someone picks up and tells me that there computer system is down and it has been for 2 weeks so no one can order anything AT ALL. I look at the price of the radiator on the computer and the price has climbed up to like $851 or something close to this number. So I ask the lady why haven't I recieved a phone call or an email back? She replies because are computers are down. So then I asked her if the computers run the there voicemail? She can't answer this question and just sits on the phone????? So what do you guys think I should do I really want to buy a radiator for the origional price of $283.00, but this is some of the worst service I've ever had??? Damm I just want a radiator!! What a headache!!!

troybilt
06-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Holy crap Higgs... that's one pricey radiator... there was several AFCO's on ebay awhile back...

Fear250r
06-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Sounds like you're at their mercy with this or maybe that radiator wasn't really that cheap??

troybilt
06-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Fear250r
Sounds like you're at their mercy with this or maybe that radiator wasn't really that cheap??

Its an AFCO radiator and they were forsale for around 280 on ebay...

bigmatt61
06-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Got them on Summit racing website for $491.88 FWIW.

Fear250r
06-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by troybilt
Its an AFCO radiator and they were forsale for around 280 on ebay...

Really? I paid almost 4 for mine from jansen racing on ebay around a year or so ago.

Grande Huevos
06-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Esr sells pwr radiators for $370

Higgy87TRX425
06-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah I've been pricing them for a while now. I really wish I could of jumped on that deal when I first saw it, but by the time I ]actually called them thats when they started with the 3 day lead time. Thewy were outta stock by then! Maybe if I would have called sooner then I'd have a brand new afco for $283.10.? I should have pulled the trigger earlier. U have to jump on those sales when you see them!!! Thats $370 deal from ESR ia alright. I want a dual pass radiator. I have a PWR that I polished up, but it's a little bent so the cap won't come off when the upper mounts are tight. You have to loosen the upper mounts then take off the radiator cap! Thats no good! So I wanna buy a brand new radiator! I just want something thats gonna cool off that Hot *** Puma motor! I was thinking about runnin one of those fans! I probaly should have bought that radiator from the guy on here that was selling it with the fan already on it. I think his name was 370rjon or something like that. I wanted a new one though! I just have a problem with paying full price!!!! Thanks Higgy!

Fear250r
06-09-2011, 07:08 PM
I think you'll be plenty cool with an AFCO. My 330 runs fine whether I'm on the trails or I'm running it hard. I also liked the dual pass of the AFCO and that's why I picked that over the pwr.

Pumashine
06-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Hey Kieth they are on sale for $299 at
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CFwQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.speedwaymotors.com%2FAFCO-Drag-Racing-Power-Adder-Radiator%2C43553.html&rct=j&q=afco%20radiators%2080260N&ei=Rn_xTZ-IJIfSsAORubihDg&usg=AFQjCNGZEbhbtYDZcRFnbGBAP1y6pCF7Og&cad=rja

Higgy87TRX425
06-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Sweet!!!! Much appreciated, this is exactly what I was looking for!! Hey Tony I'm getting close to getting my frame back and I've been thinking about getting a longer swingerarm built for my bike. I was curious about what length you've had good luck with on your Puma motor? I've been told to go +6 with no more then 10 paddle extremes, but I wanted to get some feedback from some other people that do similar types of ridding. What are you running and whats do you think is the best set up for the dunes? I like to be able do treeshots, trails, pretty much ride anywhere I have the Balls to go, with a little bit of drag racing thrown in for good measure! lol! Anyone can answer this by the way! Thanks Higgy!

hondamancbr03
06-09-2011, 11:29 PM
Higgy,
If you want to do treeshots that seperate men from the boys then check out Sandtires unlimited Paddle Brats comp cut to 8 scoops...I've ran a large selection of different tires and they are by far superior to anything i've tried.

Every person in my riding groug that has tried them will tell you the same....My last set on my Banshee lasted for 10yrs and are now currently owned by a freind and still running.

250Renvy
06-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Pumashine
Hey Kieth they are on sale for $299 at
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CFwQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.speedwaymotors.com%2FAFCO-Drag-Racing-Power-Adder-Radiator%2C43553.html&rct=j&q=afco%20radiators%2080260N&ei=Rn_xTZ-IJIfSsAORubihDg&usg=AFQjCNGZEbhbtYDZcRFnbGBAP1y6pCF7Og&cad=rja

That diagram is great that it shows the direction of the flow for the dual pass.

Anybody have any idea if a triple pass would be better yet for cooling or even possible to make? Would it be less flow or need a stronger impeller?

I'd like to keep the stock intake and output locations. It seems like it would be hard to do that with a dual pass.

jon370r
06-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Mine with the fan is still for sale, I've been to lazy to list it on Ebay. $295 shipped with the fan. My 400 Rotax hybrid would overheat in 10 min without a fan. With the fan it runs a consistant 160-180 all day no matter how hot outside or how hard you run it. Highly recomended for anyone with heat issues.

sj281
06-11-2011, 01:19 PM
im a dealer for afco i think i can get u one for rite under 300
but ill have to call and see if u guys want one call me
thanks joe
304 651 5762

Higgy87TRX425
06-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Ok, buddy I'll call you Monday! I need to get this Radiator deal taken care of. I thinking of runnin a fan too! I gotta figure out how to keep this Puma motor cool and a dual pass radiator with a fan sounds like a pretty good way to do it. Has anyone had any problems with the coolant runnin through the radiator too quick and not being cooled down enough? I was talking to a friend yesterday and he said that he had to run a restricker in this line to slow the movement of fuild down?? What do you guys tyhink about this? Thanks Higgy!

jon370r
06-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Think of it this way. Your trying to improve something that has been run and raced for 25 years. The waterpump and cooling system was designed for 250cc's and now we're up to 500cc's and having heat issues. I haven't heard of a restrictor ever helping this condition and if it did I'm sure every speed shop would have been selling them during the racing haydays. The oversize radiator was the way to go then when the engines were max 310cc's. The fan is the next step and is the best way to go because its the most consistant fix for this problem. With a restrictor the temp is still going to go up and down depending on use.

Higgy87TRX425
06-12-2011, 05:48 PM
I agree with you 100% I'm just trying to do everything I can to increase the life of this motor! I realize that its gonna be hard to come up with any new ground breaking technology! Thats not what I'm trying to do I just think that it would be smart if I utlized any and all available aftermarket parts that combined will keep my motor extra cool, if possible. A friend was telling me that the AFCO radiators sometimes flow to fast and in turn won't properly cool down the coolant! So he had to use a restricter to slow the flow. So I was just checking with you guys to see if anyone had tried this trick? I plan on using Afco's dual pass radiator with a fan like you Jon370r and I was also thinking of using a restricter? I just wanted a little feedback??? Thanks Hiigy!

Higgy87TRX425
06-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Hey jon370R did your radiator come with those annodized blue connectors or did you buy them special?

Fear250r
06-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Higgy87TRX425
Hey jon370R did your radiator come with those annodized blue connectors or did you buy them special?

They came with my AFCO.

Higgy87TRX425
06-13-2011, 12:38 PM
What size fan are you runnin on your radiator??

jon370r
06-13-2011, 12:49 PM
The fan housing is 7"across and 3" in depth.

Higgy87TRX425
06-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Now are you using a rely or switch for the fan to come on at a certian temp? I was curious what ur using to turn the fan on and off? Or does it just run continously?

jon370r
06-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Mine is currently wired into the high beam headlight circuit so it can be turned on or off with the light switch.

250Renvy
06-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Jon370R
Did you ever try this radiator on the Narrow front Laeger? Does the fan fit with it since the rails are closer together?

jon370r
06-14-2011, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
Jon370R
Did you ever try this radiator on the Narrow front Laeger? Does the fan fit with it since the rails are closer together?

Yes, this was actually in my Laeger's narrow frame at one time but I didn't want to run this radiator through the rocks, roots and mud of Maine trail riding so I put in an older one because I wanted a quad to thrash through the woods.