PDA

View Full Version : to sell or not to sell

300EXrider02
02-20-2003, 06:18 PM
well its come down to this, to sell the ole 300ex and get onto some bigger and better things or to keep the damned thing....well i will be paying it off fro the next couple years casue i am dumb and bought it new...soo i was thinkin, sell it, pay off the bill and say hello to something awesome...i was or still have the idea to uprading a-arms and shocks for jumping, but for what? jsut to realize my axle and frame cant take it becasue it is a 300ex? i would rather buy something i will keep for a long time and then put money into it, i already put a lot into the thing...plus i got a 5 yr warranty, so i am wondering jsut to screw it all and buy something like the KFX/Z/400ex/raptor/KTM/or yz250f, although still hoping honda will come out with there crf soon! heres a pick to show ya what it looks like, jsut want all of your opinions, thanks,
ps. i was planing on upgrading the a-arms and shocks all-around like i said before and hoping to find use fullbore plastic, and prm bumper, and some smaller tires then planning on selling her, but now thinkin just to get rid of it, thanks for reading this awful post
:D

300EXrider02
02-21-2003, 10:34 PM
any comments?

Fred55
02-21-2003, 10:36 PM
Well, what kind of riding do you do?

400EXrider#91
02-22-2003, 06:20 AM
well it depends do you want four-stroke? or two-stroke cuz 250r will go fast and you can find parts for it all over but the 400ex would be the best trail rider. it all justs depends on how you wanna go with your next step......... but i would not suggest to buy a kfx/z! IMO

250rmike
02-22-2003, 11:53 AM
why wouldnt you reccomend the kfx/z? the only reason i can think he wouldnt want one is cause he doesnt want to pay off the 300 so he wouldnt want to pay for a kfx/z.. other than that they have better motors than a 400ex and are almost the same in handling and suspension cause the are modled off the 400ex

Nausty
02-22-2003, 11:59 AM
heres what can happen.
A. you keep it for 5 more years or so and have it all modded out to then relize the machine still isn't capable of your riding skills to then sell it for nothing seeing its 5 years old and has seen lots of abuse to then still buy a new or used higher performance machine.
or B. YOu sell yours now and take a loss and move on to the higher performance machine and just leave it stock for a while tell you pay off the 300ex and still have something wayyy better. I had the same dilemma with my blaster and i'm thankful i just left it stock and put that money towards a new machine.