PDA

View Full Version : Canadians possibly need your help - 250r parts

troybilt
06-09-2011, 07:21 AM
Been working with Steeve @ Factory 43 on some nerfs/heel guard combos and they need a frame to do a prototype fit up with. Is there anyone in Canada (Montreal/Quebec) area that has an 89 or aftermarket frame that I could pay to ship it to Factory 43 for some fit up testing? I've got an 86 frame but I'm afraid shipping for me would be really high.

For those that don't know here is the Factory 43 nerfs for the 450r, not looking for design ideas, just help getting a frame there for fitup.

Thanks! Troy

etccb
06-09-2011, 08:07 AM
They build some nice stuff.

chronicsmoke
06-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Less than an hour from there, but I dont have an 89 frame.. :ermm:

chronicsmoke
06-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by etccb
They build some nice stuff.

I can't find that bumper on their website? I like it alot, where'd you find it?

Langbolt
06-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Hey Troy,

My OEM frame is an '86... :( and I'm in the process of stripping it down too!

My Laeger is '88-'89 ....but I just got everything swapped over to it.

I'll ask around and try locate ya an '89 Frame for ya

I was gonna order a set of nerfs from AC.....but I may hold off and see what FACTORY 43 comes up with.

:D

troybilt
06-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
I can't find that bumper on their website? I like it alot, where'd you find it?

You can get F43 stuff from here:

http://www.plxsport.com

bumpers are here:
http://www.plxsport.com/atv-parts-front-bumpers-factory43

250Renvy
06-09-2011, 12:23 PM
PM or conatact ARCtrx250R or whatever his username is that had the Arens build a while ago.

He had an extra frame and lives in Ottawa which is much closer to Montreal than most of us.

wild250rman
06-09-2011, 12:34 PM
nice stuff but wonder if you can get it at US cost instead of Canadian?

dlunn
06-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
PM or conatact ARCtrx250R or whatever his username is that had the Arens build a while ago.

He had an extra frame and lives in Ottawa which is much closer to Montreal than most of us.

I thought I saw it listed for sale a while back so I'm not sure if he still has it.

troybilt
06-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by wild250rman
nice stuff but wonder if you can get it at US cost instead of Canadian?

Yeppers, there is a seller that sells F43 stuff here in the US... ;) that's how I got to where I am now.. First I tried talking to Rath about making a set, didn't get much of a response at all from Jennifer. Then I tried Houser => "absolutely not"... Recently I was working with Steeve at F43 who has been trying to locate a frame on his end, I was just trying to speed that process up since I knew there was several guys across the border on this forum with 250r's...

Bout ready to say the hell with it and design my own...

wild250rman
06-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by troybilt
Yeppers, there is a seller that sells F43 stuff here in the US... ;) that's how I got to where I am now.. First I tried talking to Rath about making a set, didn't get much of a response at all from Jennifer. Then I tried Houser => "absolutely not"... Recently I was working with Steeve at F43 who has been trying to locate a frame on his end, I was just trying to speed that process up since I knew there was several guys across the border on this forum with 250r's...

Bout ready to say the hell with it and design my own...
I know for a fact 400ex and 450r pro armor sport series nerfs bolt right up to an 88-89 frame and stock pegs might be a platform to build from. hummm!:devil:

wild250rman
06-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by wild250rman
I know for a fact 400ex and 450r pro armor sport series nerfs bolt right up to an 88-89 frame and stock pegs might be a platform to build from. hummm!:devil:
Add some gnarly teeth to some peg extenders and weld on some heal guards like shown on those you found and you got it.

89trx250r
06-09-2011, 01:15 PM
if you do design your own would you keep in mind the "rath 44 series" or whatever its called with full netted heels dont get me wrong any heelguard is better then none but for mx the net is key imo

socal
06-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Man Troy,thats some nice stuff!I would for sure sell my nerfs and bumper if we could get this going!!!Would be super to have a company that makes R stuff!!!

sameltoe
06-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Dang it! Could have just had that 89 frame I had...

socal
06-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by troybilt

Bout ready to say the hell with it and design my own... Who is the U.S. seller,tried google and nothing!:confused:

J250r
06-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by sameltoe
Dang it! Could have just had that 89 frame I had...

You don't have it anymore? I would have driven to Des Moines if i could have just had it!