PDA

View Full Version : Ooops!

Honda4LifeWes36
06-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Well my mom told me today that the push mower was running like crap. So I took it around front and seen one of my gas jugs sitting there. I realized it was my 2 stroke gas.

She ran on it for only a short while but it did run really crappy. Will it hurt the engine running that 2 stroke gas? I put regular gas back in but the carb still has some in it.

What to do?!

quad2xtreme
06-08-2011, 06:39 PM
I've done that before and it didn't hurt anything...just extra oil in the gas. Just clean out what you can and run on a tank of fresh gas. It will be fine.

selbygirl
06-08-2011, 06:49 PM
it should be fine.. ive ran 100 oct gas with 2 stroke oil in it. in my rideing lawn mower . i even put it in my beach truck.. somtimes they run a little funny and it makes that sweet smell. if it sits longer then 2 weeks the gas with mix i get rid of it.. a lot of peaple have told me the gas will break the oil down after a period of time.. and now all our motors seem to last a lot longer.

slightlybent47
06-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Ha! Ha! I’ve done that! You’ll be fine after you put the write gas in it. The worst thing that can happen is the plug can go bad.
Now about the gas oil mix going bad, I’m sure it will over time, just how long is debatable. I run mix gas in my chain saw and I keep it mixed all the time and some of it sits for several months and I have been doing that for years with no issues.

wilkin250r
06-08-2011, 08:46 PM
If it was in your CAR, you'd have a problem. The 2-stroke oil will foul up your 02 sensors as well as your catalytic converter.

But a lawnmotor doesn't have any of those things. The worst it will do is foul the plug, and that's easy to fix.

BlaineKaiser450
06-08-2011, 09:06 PM
I ran a tank of 40:1 through my 4 stroke weedeater once and didn't notice a difference in anything at all.

Tommy Warren
06-09-2011, 01:27 AM
it causes a lean condition due to less fuel (more oil) mixing with the air but it won't hurt for a short while. My buddy put stacks on his dodge ram(gas) and dumped 3 quarts of oil in a full tank of gas to make the stacks smoke......didn't turn out well

slightlybent47
06-09-2011, 02:34 AM
Back in the day when I used work on the motor in my old truck and old 68 Chevelle ( yes I had a 68 Chevelle with a LT1 vet motor in it, when I was 18) someone I trusted told me instead of using top engine cleaner I could use transmission fluid. He said to rev the motor and poor it strait down the carburetor to burn out all the deposits on the valves.
So that’s what I did and then I drove the truck rite after I did it. It was the coolest thing I ever saw. That truck smoked so much it took 5 minuets for the fog to clear up.lol
It was a dense white smoke that just lingered for a long time.

It stopped smoking after burning all the fluid up. It stopped smoking like it was before it did the treatment. I’ve always wanted to put a small pump going to the carb that would pump it in as you drive.lol We are talking James Bond stuff rite there.lol

I wish I still had that old chevelle, she was sweet! I miss that old girl!

Pipeless416
06-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
That truck smoked so much it took 5 minuets for the fog to clear up.lol
It was a dense white smoke that just lingered for a long time.

sounds just like sea foaming a car. i have video of my T/A smoking pretty good after that.

jcs003
06-09-2011, 12:22 PM
it will lean your jetting and you might overheat or destroy the piston. but at least you will be well lubricated.haha

Honda4LifeWes36
06-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Phew thanks guys. I didn't think it would do much harm but since it was running choppy I was a little worried so I posted on here.

Its a brand new mower! LOL

buck440
06-10-2011, 10:09 AM
my dad loves the smell of klotz...who doesn't?...so he uses it in his mower and every now and then i mix it in my car. runs a-ok:macho