PDA

View Full Version : Go Pro Video of me Riding

QuadR8cer12
06-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Video clip of me riding at Village Creek MX here in Ft.Worth, TX

http://youtu.be/8fVVE5qHHTM

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8fVVE5qHHTM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

evan402
06-08-2011, 07:37 AM
good stuff-you were launching off a couple of those sets. fun looking track too

rooster300ex
06-08-2011, 07:55 AM
I don't know what it is, but everytime I hit a jump and get some pretty good air I've wiped out. I don't know what it is suspension or what. I do just fine when I don't go over my quads limits I guess. I have a 300ex with a 01 raptor rear shock, and 450r front shocks.

slightlybent47
06-08-2011, 08:33 AM
Nice vid!......I know it’s easy to sit back and criticize someone’s vid but I saw a few things.
First thing I saw was it looks like you over jumped a few of the jumps, and that made you bounce when you landed and it looked like it made you go wide in the corners just after the jump. That will leave an open spot for someone to pass on a short track like that one looks.
As for the rear end whipping out on you when you jump, that can be caused from a few things like, 1 – your tires are not inflated to the same air pressure. Or 2 – the tires are not the same diameter, even though they should be the same I have had tires that didn’t measure the same. Use a string and wrap around the tires to take a measurement and see if they are the same.
But the most likely problem you are having is that it looked like some of the jumps were rite out of a turn and you are hitting it hard to get over the jump. If you are on the gas too much when you leave the lip it can and will sometimes kick the rear out when you jump.

Try to keep the momentum up in the corner so you don’t have to gas it so hard going up the face of the jump.

I like the vid though, I’d like to get up there and try that track out, it looks like a lot of fun.

Pappy
06-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Umm...Austin Wilson...nope...never heard of him:devil: :blah:

QuadR8cer12
06-08-2011, 09:19 AM
I heard getting a boost bottle will get my quad to like 100 hp, if I buy one of those I should be able to clear all the jumps right?

My dealer said its made for a banshee but I know I can get it to fit on my Honda 450r. should be super sweet

Wired
06-08-2011, 09:20 AM
yeah austin take notes from this guy above and learn to ride!!! :blah:

DVS_Freestyler
06-08-2011, 09:24 AM
hahahahahahahahaha

I'd also like to add you looked tired by lap 2. The boost bottle should help with arm pump.

QuadR8cer12
06-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Yep tired by lap two lol. Fat and outta shape haha

rageatvsupermom
06-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Well I can't comment on the riding ability because all I could focus on was that AWESOME Rage Atv decal on your gas tank. lol

P.S. Sweet Whips.

QuadR8cer12
06-08-2011, 10:36 AM
It's all about that product placement! Lol rage sells dat der hop up kit with the boost bottle shee conversion kit for 100 hp right! I gonna go supper fasst

06-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Sick riding. My buddy steven buchanan rides in your series (or used to). I think he even bought one of your rides a few years back maybe? He definitely picked up quad mx quick around here before he moved. Haha yea man you need to take some notes from that guy above you.

rageatvsupermom
06-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
It's all about that product placement! Lol rage sells dat der hop up kit with the boost bottle shee conversion kit for 100 hp right! I gonna go supper fasst

Well, all I can say is thanks for representing our product....we appreciate you!!!!!!!

Tommy Warren
06-08-2011, 11:28 AM
a boost bottle will make it run a bit lean to fix this you need a sticker that says either "hooker headers" or "Holley" this will richen it right up.

by the way the "NOS energy" sticker actually has NOS in it....its like a nicotine patch for your quad

slightlybent47
06-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Ok I see what I did.lol I mistakenly thought rooster300ex was the op.lol and wanted to know why it was kicking out on some of the jumps. I guess I should pay more attention.lol
It still looks like the op (Austin Willson) over jumped a few of the jumps and you went wide in every corner leaving the low side open for a pass.

rageatvsupermom
06-08-2011, 12:41 PM
I couldn't tell he over jumped but maybe one of the jumps and from what I saw the outside line was faster since he did not have to come to a complete stop to make the turn....but maybe that is just me. lol

06-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Austin Wilsons pretty dern quick, he probably knows all about inside and outside lines. Pretty sure in a race he wouldnt let people just pass him on the inside. Austin if you still ride with Steven tell him Gabe says hey, i think hes on a ktm now

QuadR8cer12
06-08-2011, 01:35 PM
I need a boost bottle im tellin ya!

yeah I know Steve, he bought my media allstars 08 Suzuki. That thing was sick! One of my fav quads for sure! I have not seen him in a long time, last he told me he was going to take a job overseas somewhere for a while.

QuadR8cer12
06-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Here is another video from Tuesday of a buddy of mine riding. This guy is awesome, his right hand is paralyzed from a car crash. He has to ride hanging on with his left hand and has to "palm" the throttle. This has been his 5th or 6th time to the track that I have ridin with him and he is starting to get really fast! If I was him I would be falling on my butt!!

slightlybent47 - no need for a review of his riding :P

And the only jump I kind of overshot in the video is at the finish line, its normally a double-double but I tired to quad it and came up a lil short.

***Fast forward the video to about the 4min 30 sec mark to see when he starts riding.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nwoTetJThIw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rageatvsupermom
06-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Hey I think he did awesome!!!! I just have such a hard time watching the video from those helmet cams.....makes me dizzy.

Tommy Warren
06-08-2011, 03:38 PM
where did that guy on the right get that general lee pants and jersey:eek: i want i want:eek2: your buddy does pretty good for useing one hand.....has he tried to convert the throttle to the left side?

QuadR8cer12
06-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Not yet, looking into a jet ski throttle of sled throttle possibly.

OldGuyonaQuad
06-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by rageatvsupermom
Well I can't comment on the riding ability because all I could focus on was that AWESOME Rage Atv decal on your gas tank. lol

P.S. Sweet Whips.

x2

higher mount next time

ty for sharing

slightlybent47
06-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Your buddy rides great for using just one hand. He had a few close calls it looked like though. My hats off too anyone with some type of (and I hate to say it) handy cap. It’s hard enough to ride as it is. I have a friend that rides with a broken collar bone and I can not believe he rides but he does. And he does pretty well too.

I saw a vid on u tube where an injured rider with a cast and sling on his left arm and was riding in a race for points and he was clearing big doubles with just one hand. I could not do that at all, man I’d be on my *** the first lap.lol

madskrillz2
06-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Nice save at 43 seconds. I hate when that happens.

300ex_#387
06-08-2011, 08:13 PM
I sure do miss that quad....Bring it back to illinois!!!! haha looking good man.

QuadR8cer12
06-08-2011, 08:36 PM
It's been good to me! Ball joints and tie rod ends are worn out so I started pulling everything apart tonight and one of the bottom arm bushings is seized up on the bolt and am having to cut and hack away to get it out so I blame you!! :p lol

jesseweaver
06-08-2011, 09:00 PM
no backflips!? waste of my time :blah:

haha jk man looks real good, i wanna ride there

300ex_#387
06-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
It's been good to me! Ball joints and tie rod ends are worn out so I started pulling everything apart tonight and one of the bottom arm bushings is seized up on the bolt and am having to cut and hack away to get it out so I blame you!! :p lol
If you blame me I'm blaming the pressure washer! Lol I think I used a modquad set of bushings on those. Not exactly the best style to use because I used them on my 300 too and they seized up a couple time too. Glad your liking it though.

muddy400EX
06-11-2011, 06:33 PM
sweet vid yo. but did you have the camera mounted on your waist or something? lol it was good till you lean back, then all i see is gas cap,haha

at 2:08 i woulda been praying not to wreck,lol. i hate that feeling

QuadR8cer12
06-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Its mounted on my chest