PDA

View Full Version : Sellers beware!

oynot400
02-20-2003, 06:08 PM
Just a warning about something that happened to me.

I have been trying to sell my Rancher here lately. The other day I got a call from a guy that wanted to come look at it. So I gave him directions to my house. I got the quad out and ready for him to look at. He should of been there in about 30 minutes but after a hour he still was not there. He finially called saying that he had a flat tire. He did not have a jack and wanted me to bring a jack to him. So I loaded up a jack and headed towards his direction. I get to where he was suppose to be. I get there and no one there, so I call his cell number. It came up on caller ID. He said that he was lost and told me to go another 5 miles down the road. I get to that location and no one there either. I started to get nervous, now when I call he does not answer. I called home and had my Mom keep an eye on my Rancher, since it was still sitting outside with the key in it. She said that nobody came by, but she went outside and swept the sidewalk.
I called a former neighbor that is a deputy sherrif. He told me that there is thieft ring going around that calls on 4-wheelers that are in the paper. Then they get directions to your house. They either never show up or try to get you farther away from your house, and come in and steal you quad.
Just thought I would pass on what I have learned. Do what you can to protect yourself.

Guy400
02-20-2003, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the tip. But dude, why on earth would you bring a jack out to someone you don't even know? If someone said they'd come over and look at my quad and they never showed I'd just say "Oh well".

AtvMxRider
02-20-2003, 06:37 PM
I agree with you Guy. I would have told him to call a tow truck.

AlaskaSpeed
02-20-2003, 06:45 PM
Are Ranchers that hard to sell? :huh

02-20-2003, 06:51 PM
alaska.. why on earth is your sig that long.. man id make it shorter before you get yelled at by ben.. its huge... make it smaller atleast

02-20-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Lathers
alaska.. why on earth is your sig that long.. man id make it shorter before you get yelled at by ben.. its huge... make it smaller atleast

i think he likes the attention

BrianWrightR6
02-20-2003, 07:36 PM
That is flat out ridiculous, it is people like him that is going to ruin it for everyone else. No one wants to see that any ways...

02-20-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by BrianWrightR6
That is flat out ridiculous, it is people like him that is going to ruin it for everyone else. No one wants to see that any ways...

are you talkin about the guys who didnt meet up with oynot or alaskas sig

nakomis0
02-20-2003, 07:43 PM
Reminds me of something that happened to us.

We where selling a Banshee, and younger guy walked up to the house one day and said he was interested in it. So we showed him the quad, and he wanted to take a test ride. So we said sure, here take this helmet and gloves with ya.:) So the guy rides down the dirt road....... and never comes back!:eek:

..long story short, somebody turned him in, the quad was blown up, and the motor was in about 100 peices in his garage.

I hate thiefs

Jimmah
02-20-2003, 07:44 PM
1 suggestion, never leave it out and ready to go. Have it all cleaned up and what not but don't just leave it out. Who cares if it takes you ten minutes to drag it out, if they really want to buy it they will wait and don't invite them to the location it is kept and have them stay in the driveway or something. Just gotta be pre-emptive to help prevent these things. Also it sounds like you are under the age of 18 so LEGALLY your farther should have been there if he wasn't if any transaction were to take place. Thanx for the head up though.

BrianWrightR6
02-20-2003, 08:07 PM
The Alaska sig.....

Knight440
02-20-2003, 08:08 PM
Jimmah

He has a very good point!

JOEX
02-20-2003, 09:18 PM
That's some scary stuff.... people will prey on your honesty and friendliness just to rip you off.
It makes you not want to trust ANYONE which is very depressing:(

Joe

DGR Designs
02-21-2003, 06:49 AM
bah... stop your complaining. jim has the right to put whatever he wants in his sig. untill theres a ban or something. his decision weather or not to ahve a picture in his sig.

oynot400
02-21-2003, 06:56 AM
He was only a mile or so down the road. I guess if someone needs some help I am more than willing to help someone out. If my Mom was not home I would of put it back in the shead. I live back in sticks and you can not see the house from the road. So most people don't even know there is a house back there.
Alaskaspeed, I would not think that a Rancher would not be that hard to sell. I figured once people get there tax return money back that it will sell. :rolleyes:

Glow Plug
02-21-2003, 08:36 AM
that really sucks man luckly somebody was home at the time to watch the bike so consider yourself lucky :) i hope you do sell it you could also offer to take it to the buyers house to look at it