PDA

View Full Version : General Help Building a race quad

Jrider92
06-07-2011, 05:52 PM
How do you remember all components you need to buy to complete a build?

If you got it written down roughly please help me out or even if you know if off by heart or something.

I am building a 05 trx 450r if it helps and only the frame has to be oem. I have a good idea what main parts I need but I dont want to miss little components.

Any help will be appreciated.

mcginty33
08-08-2011, 09:08 PM
I would do it by section,

Steering & Suspension:
A-arms, Swingarm, Linkage, F Shocks, R Shock, Axle, Stabilizer, Steering Stem

Motor: Any motor work you plan to have done, (Port and Polish, Piston, Cam, etc...) Exhaust, Intake, Carb work, Clutch, CDI

Components: Front Bumper, Grab Bar, Nerf Bars, Handlebars, Brake and Clutch Lever, Stainless Brake lines

Chain, Sprockets, Wheels, Tires, New Bearings, Brake Rotors, Hubs

Extras: Graphics and/ or new plastics and Powdercoating.

Thats about everything lol

Honda.rider5871
09-17-2011, 07:16 AM
Skid plates also , if your running XC

MX450
09-17-2011, 01:52 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=385901

fomospede
09-17-2011, 04:27 PM
not being a smart a@@
but if you plan to be competitive go see what is working at the tracks in your area and buy extra's
real racers smoke thru parts like theres no tomorrow

Sjorge450R
09-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by fomospede
not being a smart a@@
but if you plan to be competitive go see what is working at the tracks in your area and buy extra's
real racers smoke thru parts like theres no tomorrow

The only people who "smoke thru" parts are people who have no idea how to ride. Just keep you ride in good shape and maintain it good and you will be fine. The only time i EVER replaced parts was do to crashes.

fomospede
09-17-2011, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge450R
The only people who "smoke thru" parts are people who have no idea how to ride. Just keep you ride in good shape and maintain it good and you will be fine. The only time i EVER replaced parts was do to crashes.

Dear poser,

you just gave the worst advice ever
if you are racing to win parts will break, wear out and if your an idiot crashed out parts all of which lead to not winning

i ride clean and win, did it today at the oma nationals in erie il.
2hrs of perfect line choices and 0 mistakes
but you know my sprockets and chain are showing wear theres some $ gone to the machine again
i have to put into my machine to make it a winner everytime

preperation is the key
and if you think that they dont wear out think again
buy components that will take abuse

but a posers machine never wears out
unless he finds someone to race it for him!

and thats all i have to say about that

DnB_racing
09-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by fomospede
Dear poser,

you just gave the worst advice ever
if you are racing to win parts will break, wear out and if your an idiot crashed out parts all of which lead to not winning

i ride clean and win, did it today at the oma nationals in erie il.
2hrs of perfect line choices and 0 mistakes
but you know my sprockets and chain are showing wear theres some $ gone to the machine again
i have to put into my machine to make it a winner everytime

preperation is the key
and if you think that they dont wear out think again
buy components that will take abuse

but a posers machine never wears out
unless he finds someone to race it for him!

and thats all i have to say about that lol!!

common,play nice! you dont have to resort to name calling... all hes saying is you dont smoke through parts like theres no tomorrow,of course there are more maintenance items,

I dont ride hard enough anymore to brake my parts, but I do fix the quads for some who do, and most major parts last for years, aside for routine maintenance items and ( bearings,brakes, ball joints,clutch, chains and sprockets, a top end rebuild every 50 or so hours of hard racing, grips, filters,shock rebuilds,every 100 hours or so depending on tracks you should get new tires, new lugs every tire change) do this during the off season, and mid season DNF's are less likely... this covers 95% of the items the hardest racing abuse can cause

desratt
09-18-2011, 12:56 PM
if you ride you WILL go through parts.

Dave400ex
09-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Here is a list I made for one of my Dealershow builds. I have done this all 4 years, by company, listing parts, contacts, and then have another laid out for all the powdercoating, and misc parts.

1. Maier Plastic - Front Fenders, Radiator Scoops and Rear Fender, Carbon Fiber White

2. Teixeira Tech - +1 XC A-Arms, +2 Steering Stem, Oversize Stem Clamps, Linkage, Linkage Skids

3. Fox Racing Shox - DSC Float Evol Fronts and Podium X DSC Rear

4. Moto-Xperts - Tranny Mod, Porting, Cam, CP Piston, Dimpled Valves and Carb Work. Final Chassis/Suspension Setup (Toe, Camber, Ride Height), Bleed Brakes, Wire Kill Switch, Eye Camber/Toe and tighten Tie rods 4 nuts and upper ball joints, Graphics, Chain, Wire Fan, Check Throttle Slack/Play (adjust at Carb if needed).

5. Hiper Wheels - Tech 3 Series 10x5 4+1 Single Beadlock Fronts and 9x9 4+5 Dual Beadlock Rears

6. BK Performance - Powdercoat and Molycoat

7. Rath Racing - XC Bumper, XC Nerfs with Heel Guards and Grab Bar

8. Quadtech - Plastic Hi-Pro Hood Scoop, Plastic Shock Guards and Hump Seat Cover

9. Fasst Company - Flexx Handlebars and Brake Clevis

10. HMF Performance - Full Sport Series Exhaust

11. Streamline Brakes - Brake Lines (Clear-Single), Blade Brake Rotors, Clutch and Throttle Cable

12. PowerMadd - Hand Guards, Mounts, and Wraps

13. Spider Grips - SLT Grips

14. ASV Inventions - C5 Pro Model Perch with Hotstart, C5 Brake Lever and Rotator Clamp (Black)

15. IMS Products - Natural Dry Break Gas Tank

16. Precision Racing Products - Steering Stabilizer

17. CV4 - Red Radiator Hoses

18. Rekluse - Z-Start Pro, Clutch Basket and Clutch Cover (Black)

19. RPM - Dominator 2 XC Axle and Anti-Fade

20. UNI - Air Filters

Kill Switch
DID Chain
Moose Case Saver
Hotstart Cable
Ockerman Rotor Guards, Radiator Guard
05 Spindles/Hubs
Rath Gusset Kit