PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Honda 450r problem

PRICE302
06-07-2011, 01:22 PM
I was riding my 450r and noticed it hit the rev limiter very quickly. I was online looking for aftermarket rev limiters and came across the "green wire mod". After reading a few threads i decided to do it. I cut the green wire and taped both sides up, just like everyone else had done. I put my hood back on started it up and noticed a big miss with the throttle response. I continued to ride. The quad runs like complete crap. Cuts out and has terrible throttle response. Feels like its not gettng any fuel. It also feels like the spark plug could all of a sudden be taking a crap on me too. What do you guys think?

dxcody
06-07-2011, 05:15 PM
i thought people only did the green wire mod if they had an aftermarket rev limiter, i dont know for a fact but i would say that wire is there for a reason on all stock ones

dxcody
06-07-2011, 05:24 PM
wait sorry, i was wrong i guess i just didnt know what i was talking about, now i remember my buddy did that to his, but it shouldnt cause anything to change except the fact that it unleashes an extra 1000 RPMS , are you 100% you cut the right wire? you should go back to the forums main page and put this in the 450r section, you will get like 5 replies in ten mins man.

PRICE302
06-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Ok i figured out what the problem was. I just bought this quad 3 days ago. It has a slip on exhaust. But the quad is not jetted. I cut the green wire, and without testing it i cut part of the air box too so it could breath more. Turns out that the whole time it was just getting too much air. I plan on jetting it and trying to remove the lid again. BTW, the green wire mod is a success. Runs so much better!

buddy willard
06-09-2011, 07:18 AM
i was looking at an hrc kit and it has a wiring harness that does away with the green wire so honda must have had this in mind when they built it.

dxcody
06-09-2011, 02:53 PM
glad to hear that, sorry i was of no help