PDA

View Full Version : Transferring titles

Zakradu398
06-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Does it have to be done In person or can it be done by phone or computer as long as. 1 person is at the notary place?

bdubwiley
06-05-2011, 10:41 AM
im pretty sure both ppl have to be there in front of the notary, atleast thats how it is here in NC. unless you know the notary real good and they dont mind stamping it for you with just you there.

LTandRaptorider
06-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Yes, both people have to be present. Or as I did once since I was gonna be outta town for my house closing, I went to a notary and signed what I needed and the notary stamped his seal.

chucked
06-05-2011, 01:24 PM
In MD you just need a signed bill of sale with his signature and a copy of their drivers license.

TheLane
06-06-2011, 01:10 AM
for all states that require a notary, only the seller has to be present with the notary as the only signature that is being notarized is the seller for the sole purpose that they are signing a release of interest on whatever it is thats titled.

A lot of states will allow you to do a transfer of ownership VIA mail as long as the proper paperwork is signed.

The only things that are done by internet is release of liens on electronic title states.

^^^^^^^ Is all 100% factual information.