PDA

View Full Version : Air filters

finsteratv
06-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Saw a guy who says he has to sparks air filters and one uni. Wondering if anyone has experience with the sparks filters or if I should just grab a uni filter instead. Thanks!

4HundredEX
06-05-2011, 08:39 PM
I run a K&N with a outerware on mine. Some people swear by the K&N and others by the UNI. I wouldnt run a K&N without any kind of prefilter, as they were originally designed for vehicles that are "normally" run on road, not used off road in dry dusty conditions. I bought mine used, and this is how it was. If I were going to be replacing a stock filter, I would go UNI for the Foam. Just dont forget you will need to rejet if you are replacing a stock filter.

I know nothing about the sparks filters.

finsteratv
06-05-2011, 09:33 PM
alrighty thanks. im just looking for a new filter with my slip-on thats comin soon

CJM
06-05-2011, 09:38 PM
I and almost everyone I know runs a uni foam filter. KN is ok if you want the dust in your engine.

gasguzzler
06-08-2011, 11:26 PM
I've got a K&N with pre-filter which I use for ice racing, flows big air and some dust.

I've got a Uni, but didn't care for how it clamped down. It seemed like it'd squish down the intake tube before getting tight how I wanted it. So I removed that after one ride.

Then I got a Sparks filter with the billet ring. I really like this set-up, it fits nice and I can clamp the filter on good and tight. Well worth the extra money to me.

- Brian